Almost afraid to post this, but interested in opinion..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by LhurgoyfXIII, Apr 30, 2020.

1. LhurgoyfXIII New Member

Thank you for all of your wonderful responses.
    You've been more than helpful in many ways both good and bad.
    Just another reason people regret trying to reach out in the first place.

:)

Fairwell.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Have a nice day:confused:
  3. svann Augur

Ahh probably most in general dont remember the recipe, and if you kept asking and asking for hours that may have been an annoyance. Heres a couple places you can look it up and it wont take hours.
    http://www.eqtraders.com/
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/
    If you are interested in tradeskilling here is a guide for skilling up.
    http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/for...guide?37646-The-Ultimate-EQ-Tradeskill-Guide=
    Nennius and enclee like this.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

With that available to you, I'd consider just boxing 2 or 3 accounts, and then you don't have to worry about how others treat returning/behind-the-curve players. Take everything at your own pace, and hunt wherever you feel like it, as opposed to where you can get a group.

Not sure what you mean by "walking away with your $$$"?
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

A fool and his money are soon parted.
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

You're no Battleblade.
    Zalamyr and Koryu like this.
  7. MysticOne Augur

Some players are better off just playing EQ by themselves. The guild is for the portal. Make some free accounts so you can request old school raids or box and then your time playing is your time. Watch raids on YouTube so you can see the content. Thats good enough.
  8. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

Thank you, useless passive-agressive commenter. Everyone gained a lot from your non-input. And, oh, look- you're even 115. I guess you didn't feel personally targeted (projecting) at all and it had nothing to do with you fake response.
  9. Idget Lorekeeper

There is no TLP that is close to what original EQ used to be, not even close.
    LhurgoyfXIII likes this.
  10. Idget Lorekeeper

From original EQ players what differences from then to now can you remember. Things I remember;
    1. Corpse Runs - Keeping that old set of gear in the bank for fear breaks - having to run in naked several times to clear enough to start rezing.
    2. Respect - No such thing as camps but if someone was there others respected that and got put on a list etc. List was passed from guy to guy and when it was your turn you got to camp the spot.
    3. 99% of the population did not box and those that did maybe boxed 1 other toon.
    4. Guilds respected each other for the most part
    5. No AoC was a race for Raid targets but if two guilds showed up for the same target it was not who ever did the most damage got the kill. Who ever engaged first got the chance to kill it if they failed then the other guild would try. I was in a guild called Blades of Law on Povar and another guilds Stoic showed up for a Sev kill. We both engaged at the same time, the GM gave the kill to Stoic someone in that guild hit the mob first.
    6. EXP group in raids...
    7. No Discord or anything like it, trying to run raids with ooc etc.
  11. Maedhros High King

I guess its good that some people gained anything from my non-input, as reading anything in this thread has just been a loss, for everyone involved really.
    I hope 2004 is still treating ya well.
    Raccoo, Skuz and Duder like this.
  12. Questoften32 Augur

Because it was real life strategy that made you behave in a strategic way, as played out in a pleasing metaphor *a fun game*.

Also then you could analyze everything latter ''for fun'' after having built some irl willpower...that is, if you were are clever enough to re apply it to your life and: your mind knows the concept of mental things and how they come before action at least.

I mean, how time spent being influenced with fiction and your guard down playing with others with fun associations to your subconusious is just exactly that.

It also helps you ''when not to excess'' to build character and control, restraint, imaging, creative functional thought, pragmatic consideration, even logic and that should improve integrity and introspection in the better players ''as defined by intent.

The mind is forced to interact with itself and others and to the central nervous system these more emotional experiences are real enough to build into your associations.

So, like other things in entertainment not just in this case passively but interactively. I would view playing it a year a good thing for many.

If the whole earth did this say 80% ''hypothetically'' without the technical consequences of abusing this then:

The earth would change in small to moderate but meaningful little ways within a year, that is if they could all remain objective with an attitude of well meaning, in the attempt ''even if this were calculating beforehand, even so, and likely more so there''.
    LhurgoyfXIII likes this.
  13. Maedhros High King

Oh dear.
    Celephane and Duder like this.
  14. Questoften32 Augur

That post is silly in a way yet it speaks to the good influence, that rubs off on people from games like eq, if you like that better.

They will always play something, so if not each other, for a break...why not?

It would surely teach something more than angry ducks would. I am speaking to an idea of goal related like minded community, ''think progression'' with imagination and metaphor of course.

I don't speak to to justifications or worsening obsessions. Obviously not to fundamentalism for its a fantasy game.

RPG Is simply asking what would one do or act if I-they-you were, put in this situation right?

There would be limits, you would need cooperation, perhaps., Skill development, it may not be easy. To try things, to balance yourself on the side of healthy and working as intended.

RPG Strategy ''non-literally'' which can apply to anything. RPGing helps the mind in my opinion...or helps to destroy it by wasting.

Its dependent on how one is inside. What the individual needs.

Objectivity, suspension of disbelief in non dangerous ways, outside the game screen, also leads to and teaches empathy and in overcoming things, the why of it... or it should-that is it can, and has. One of the things art is for. Just art.
    LhurgoyfXIII likes this.
  15. RGJmidgets New Member

*Tips fedora*
    Questoften32 likes this.
  16. Raccoo Augur

I feel most for Dreamweaver having to read all the posts. At least the rest of us can check out anytime.
    Maedhros and Skuz like this.
  17. LhurgoyfXIII New Member

Because my intent was sure for you to gain something..
    So sorry to disappoint.
  18. LhurgoyfXIII New Member

Heaven forbid someone posts something just for a matter of opinion.. its even in the darn headline.
    No, I don't need or want your help if you're going to be negative.
    No, I don't need anything from you to make me feel better.
    No, I'm not looking for you or anyone to solve my problems..

Holy crap I'm not the only one to voice a frustration or two..
    and for the 2nd time: I apologize if I hurt anyone's delicate feelings by just posting on here.

I was simply trying to voice something Ive felt, seen from others.. and gain an understanding.

( and thankfully; a few were there with decent advice.. )

Next time I will make sure to put in the effort to do and say exactly what you want so I don't bother you.
    And it must be helpful in some way to deserve you're time.
    I understand now.

(smh)
  19. bortage spammin lifetaps

I still don't actually know what OP was trying to say about the wallet thing
  20. LhurgoyfXIII New Member

Okay, deserved explanation;

Within coming back to the game I regrettably gave this new company, "Daybreak Games" my credit card.. after which was charged for 2 monthly accts..
    Luckily I joined up during the anniversary, and thought I caught a break.
    Willingly spent a few hundred for 2 heroic chars, armor, mounts, and such..

Then my card was charged over twice what they can explain with the only explanation of:
    This is what we were paid, sorry for the inconvenience.

And then continue to apologize for downtime, and issues...

Alright, fine... I wanna play bad enough I'll just ignore that..

Then proceeded to help ppl just to get reintroduced into the game..

It didn't take very long for plenty of ppl to jump at the advantage and then just ghost..
    Which is fine, it's sort of expected..

But to relentlessly continue to be a part of this game just to get shut down by the players and the corporation themselves.. begins to defeat the purpose..