when are live servers getting a higher Gm presence?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Sancus Augur

[Wed Feb 19 18:34:07 2020] You say to your guild, 'your characters have been targetting the mobs i've been fighting right next to you for fifteen minutes'
    [Wed Feb 19 18:34:14 2020] You say to your guild, 'so it seems weird you didn't notice'
    [Wed Feb 19 18:34:24 2020] Urzhad tells the guild, in Elvish, 'yep cause i afk kill sometimes'
    [Wed Feb 19 18:34:41 2020] You say to your guild, 'whelp'

I don't know what you're sighing about, people who do what you do are literally the reason threads like these exist.
    yepmetoo likes this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

A botter is allowed to stay in your guild?

In my guild he would have been guild-kicked immediately...
    Andarriel, Angahran and Sancus like this.
  3. Sancus Augur

That would happen in RoI as well (obviously, this was not from RoI).
    Kuvani, yepmetoo and Jumbur like this.
  4. enclee Augur

It’s from FV’s top guild.
    Herf and Sancus like this.
  5. Belchere Lorekeeper

My problem with TLP servers has been in the past - anything that you would want to camp is already perma-camped by some bot group. I played from post beta in 99 on, yes, I remember when you could move through lower Guk visible and not get hit because no froggies were alive, but that was all population and live players. Camps did open up, and while many toons were regulars in places, they weren't there 24-7. Heck there were even lists to get into gobby groups in HHK, but it was somewhat dynamic. TLPs are all either mage or SK groups just perma-camping anything at all worth trying to camp. I haven't tried since instancing, I dont know if that helped anything at all, but I have zero desire to ever try again, the experience was that bad. Even nameds in Runnyeye were camped, and I remember thinking to myself, well, I bet an SMR or FBSS would be 2-5 Krono on that server, and just stopped playing.

On another note, I like Smash's idea of a non-FV server, that ruleset, with one more addition, might be a nice one to see-would completely remove the perma-camping of content, though more likely it would probably just result in 5 toon perma-camps and a "loot fee" to be invited to group to loot anything that dropped. If they added a rule, you can't charge people to group (can deny the group, just can't charge to group) and enforced with undercover GMs, it might work.
  6. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

Ok boomer.

I like how you pretend your guild isn't full of shady characters. It's literally impossible for a high end guild to not have cheaters, botters and warpers. And I have personally seen them tagged with your guild, afk'ing away for those Pyrilen Flames and whatnot. For years.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Personal attacks aside, Im not in a high end guild, my guild only does "casual raiding", but I have yet to see what highend guilds does, that "require" cheating/botting/warping of any kind...

I don't claim there isn't any cheating high-end guilds, but that statement does seem like a broad generalization...
    Skuz and Sancus like this.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I'm 33, and nowhere did I ever say that at all. I know a couple people in my guild who bot (it's not hard to figure out), and if it was my choice they wouldn't be in my guild, but it's not.
    Andarriel and Duder like this.
  9. Miss_Jackie Custom Title