ToxicQuest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dexxeaa00, Apr 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Verily Tjark Augur

Someone give this man a job
    Vumad, Dexxeaa00 and Duder like this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

Raccoo, code-zero, Magickon and 2 others like this.
  3. Dexxeaa00 Elder

I cant defend myself ?
  4. Dexxeaa00 Elder

So if i run into someone that is beating their dog and i say hey stop doing that your being rude.

Then i'm the a** ?
  5. Dexxeaa00 Elder

The difference is i'm standing up for myself by calling this person the exact name that he deserves.
  6. Dexxeaa00 Elder

This game has a way to toxic community that just wants to troll.

Fed up.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

No you're not. You're lowering yourself to their level. Sticking up for yourself was reporting them and putting them on ignore.

In school someone tried to bully me. He threw food at me and I walked off. He followed me and I kept walking. He went to push me and I planted his face into a locker.

He was suspended. I was not. I tried to deescalate the situation. Did you?
    Winnowyl, Nennius and Skuz like this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

What you did is you lowered yourself to his level instead of taking the high road & just putting someone who annoyed the hell out of you on ignore.

Newsflash buddy, the internet is full of people who don't agree with you & are more than happy to tell you so in the most hurtful way that they can without getting themselves in trouble, you got hurt over some nasty words & while it could be construed as bullying you responded in the exact way that he was trying to provoke, you got baited, you took that bait hook, line & sinker & you lost your cool, that's on you.

If you don't want people to pass judgement on your life experiences don't share them, EQ isn't a counselling couch and you need to develop a much thicker skin if you are going to start crossing verbal swords with people.

You got into the internet equivalent of a playground argument & got your feelings hurt, you suck at this kind of verbal swordplay so don't get involved, and if you haven't got a witty or snappy response & all you can do is resort to cussing them out you lost the battle already.

Take the L & move on.
    Jennre, Winnowyl, Dythan and 4 others like this.
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

You said your step grandpa laid you off because you have too many issues.

I'm not being a bully when I say I think the 9 of us who have taken the time to respond to you can understand grandpas point of view.

I hope you take the time for some exercises in self-awareness and start surrounding yourself with people with better attitudes. I find a ton of good people in EQ. I actually gravitate towards EQ because of how constructive the people I have been able to surround myself with.

I even think highly of a number of people I debate with on the forums, even if we take a couple of shots at each other.

You chose to let one bad person ruin your week, probably at the expense of several good people who could have made it better.
  10. Febb Augur

When you join a public channel with other toxic people, this is going to happen. This is absolutely normal in just about any online game. Word to the wise, do not join server wide channels unless you are asking for information and even then expect someone to say something you don't like.

Another thing, don't share personal information with people you don't know personally. Welcome to the internet.
    Dexxeaa00 and Skuz like this.
  11. Dexxeaa00 Elder

The last few comments I really appreciate . Thanks for all the constructive criticism. I have no problem with hearing opposing opinions. I just get fed up with trolls.

Hard not to get super flustered by so many negative comments flying at you at one time.
    Also the photos that i shared are only parts of the conversations. I only shared the parts with the rude remarks.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I commend you for taking constructive criticism in the way it was intended, I hope your future interactions are more productive & that you meet more like-minded players you can enjoy the game with.
    Dexxeaa00 and Vumad like this.
  13. Maedhros High King

This is exactly why I told the guy in the other whiny thread to never goto a TLP. Speaking in general chat is like blood in the water if you're a softy.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Points for posting self-incriminating evidence. That kind of honesty is rare.

I am sad to report, however, that your attitude is the problem. You allow yourself to be trolled and you respond in kind. Thus, you are part of the problem.

Be part of the solution. Squelch/ignore those that do not spark joi. Enjoy the peace. You're welcome.
    Dexxeaa00 and Maedhros like this.
  15. Dexxeaa00 Elder

How would respond if someone called you horrible names because you were talking ?

If you were in public and someone came up to you and said hey your a crackhead because i don't like your opinion . Also what if you were in front of other people ? Would you just ignore them ? I guess it would be the smartest thing to do. I know people get super brave behind a screen.

Update :

The person is still active so I've reached a conclusion that EQ rules of conduct are dead.
  16. Elyssanda Bardbrain

While I don't respond with name calling or curse words, I do sometimes ask people not to bring things like Politics or Religion into EQ Gen chat.

My reason? I do home healthcare, I go and take care of people in their homes for between 4 and 24 hours at a time. I have no choice in what "News" I am bombarded with in these homes. Some days it's ultra right, and sometimes it's ultra left. 2016 I was working MWF with someone who watched nothing but ultra left for 12 hours a day, and TTF with someone who was ultra right.. I was so sick of news by the time I got home I threatened to utterly destroy our 72" flatscreen if my husband even clicked past a news channel.

EQ is my escape, helps me keep my sanity, I don't mind talking to friends about whats going on in their lives, and I am an extremely chatty, outgoing person. I even warned ROTE in my application (that was 2.5 pages) that the length of my app was probably their best warning that I was a chatterbox. People on both Luclin and Cazic can attest to this.

But I have asked, and will continue to ask people not to start news/religious (outside of EQ theology) discussions just to try trolling or fighting. I need the break.

Yes, I do know what /ignore is, and I do have a number of people on it simply because they don't care, and love to pick e-p33n fights.
    Marton and Dexxeaa00 like this.
  17. enclee Augur

You ignore it and move on.
    Jennre likes this.
  18. Maedhros High King

I mean if you rise to the taunting and they escalate it further, its up to you how to respond. Taking it to the veterans lounge is kind of like running and telling the teacher because another kid called you a name. Definitely soft.
    svann likes this.
  19. Buri Augur

This is why I turned off the general channel ages ago and never looked back... and guess what? I don't have these problems!
    Dexxeaa00 likes this.
  20. Dexxeaa00 Elder

Is there a ignore for fourms ?

Nvm I found it

Thank you too all the people that are not just trolling. You are the type of people i love !
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.