Aradune & Rizlona - Expansion Unlock Timers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jenarie, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Jenarie Elder

I'm very happy for the change from PoP lock servers.
    The three month timeline is set until Planes of Power but what about after that?

It is true that these servers tend to die after PoP but the main reason for that in my experience is such a long time in PoP/LDoN. I personally love LDoN but it is the killer of progression servers. For some reason most of the players just don't want to do it and people stop logging in.

I would like for LDoN to only be 1 month long before Gates or better yet just launch PoP and LDoN at the same time. Basically we shouldn't be level 65 for 8 months. Less time to the new content after PoP would keep more players from looking for other things to do between expansions.

I think the best possible outcome would be 2-3 months of PoP then 1 month of LDoN then 2-3 months of Gates for total 6 months at level 65. After that the old schedule of shorter unlocks for non-leveling expansions and longer for leveling seems fine.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If it follows Mangler for its unlock schedule as described in the announcement then it will be 12 weeks of Classic, 12 of Ruins of Kunark, 12 of Scars of Velious & 12 of Shadows of Luclin - after that it will then be 12 weeks for all Level increase expansions & 8 weeks for expansions without a level increase.

There is a good argument for unlocking Kunark with classic though plenty would like the full classic era run of 12 weeks without it.

Side note here:

Bit of a missed opportunity if they could have had Beastlords & Berserkers in at the start - but that was maybe more work than they had planned for on these two TLP, pity though it would have been a unique selling point for these over & above the experimental GM support - which I am very much in favour of..

Personally I think that this schedule should change for EoK as I believe that expansion has so much content & such a massive amount of AA to earn that it could very easily keep guilds busy for 12 weeks though currently it is slated for 8 on Phinny & Mangler - not sure what the consensus from others is on that. There's a good argument many of the expansions after HoT without level increases could warrant such a change but EoK is the one that sticks out for me & some of the people I know who played through it that are now on Phinny.
  3. Vaneksniper Elder

I would personally like to see kunark out at release!
  4. Jenarie Elder

I was hoping for a server that unlocked with Kunark or even Velious opens but we already know what we have.

So now working within what we have I was hoping to shorten LDoN since so many people I've played with in the past seem to hate that expansion. People don't like the raids and there's no new AA so a month is enough.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  5. KimchiGoddess Augur

Honestly PoP should launch with both LoY and LDoN following shortly after. It's kind of silly otherwise, or at least do LDoN a month after PoP and not 3.
    Tucoh and Jenarie like this.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

LDoN will be 8 weeks instead of the previous "12 weeks" So not the 4 weeks suggested by OP, but less than previous servers. (Mangler is set to this as Well, BTW)
    Everything else Skuz said is true.
    Skuz, enclee and Jenarie like this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

Simultaneous LDoN/PoP/LoY would be great.
    KimchiGoddess, Xanathol and enclee like this.
  8. Gemstoner Elder

I would order that for lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant, it sounds delicious.
    Genoane and Jenarie like this.