Who really thinks Aradune is going to work

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Spayce, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Zansobar Augur

You have to factor in all the people who quit Mangler due to the box armies and box groups.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Gnothappening Augur

I wish there was a way to really know if there were many people who quit or just a few people making loud posts on the forums. I admit the box raiders can be annoying. Mainly because they take open world stuff too. I don't see why anyone would quit because of a box group. It isn't like that person is going to group with you anyways and there is nothing stopping you from making a group with other players that want to play the game. Even now with the two box limit I don't see it happening. I think most of those that will make two boxes are going to make duos that can clear whatever content they want and not have to add others. If they do add someone, it will probably be friends or guild members only.

In the end, power gamers going to power game. Regular players are going to be regular players. The only difference is, the regulars will all be left behind even faster because they can't keep up with those that can dedicate 30+ hours a week to the game. This will especially be the case once everyone is back to work.

Personally, if I make on either of the servers, I don't see me doing it during the first couple of weeks. Going to be too much QQ those first weeks. I expect the forums will make for interesting reading though. Kinda like the National Enquirer, you don't think it is real, but the stories are entertaining either way.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

I'd settle for just a weekly number. "This week we banned 46 accounts." I have no interest in the new servers but I'd still like to see how they are being run.
  4. Zinth Augur

well obviously the server will work, all the "no boxes please" will hate it, because the rules still allow boxing via true-box, all the boxers will still box "legally" and they still don't want to grp with "joe whiner" who always whines about evil boxers ruins grouping and if we force them to only play 1 toon then they will group with meeeee... no we wont... we will continue to grp with our friends and solo/duo the rest of the time just fine without bothering with "joe whiner" and that is why the server will be a lovely success.
  5. asmodethenaughty Lorekeeper

Yes server will work. I have faith. The ruleset is perfect as long as the GMing is affective, then we gonna have a party like its 1999.
  6. Excruciator_Test New Member

It will absolutely "work" people will play. Lots of them. A large portion will quit after pop, but there will still likely be a significant number afterwards. Enough to keep going for a good while. If you are talking about the boxing aspect, it will work as long as there is a substantial risk of being caught and banned for violating the box rules. After the GMs migrate away, the botters will be just like they are on other TLPs, having found ways to circumvent any new methods dpg has implemented to stop multiboxing. Funny story though guys... The botters force krono sales since that is how the botters sell their loot (if not directly, in equally impactful round about ways). They aren't going to squelch cash flow into their company. They will only ever balance between players quitting over it, and krono sales generated because of it all clear up to the point that they make the most money via the balance. Give up on hopes of getting rid of botters entirely. dpg wont do it because they cant due to financial reasons. They need the mass krono sales that the botters create due to a market demand created by real, non boxing players. We are all intertwined and like it or not, EQ's financial viability is resting on both the botters and us normal players. DPG needs both groups.
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Here ya go "We banned 101 accounts" when in fact we all know they didn't.