ToxicQuest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dexxeaa00, Apr 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dexxeaa00 Elder

Dexxeaa00

Yesterday at 23:02
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230629007-Everquest-Rules-of-Conduct
    Here are the EverQuest rules of conduct .
    in my opinion are very poorly enforced. Why do you even have rules if people can do and act however they want ? I'm a super nice person and I sometime like to chat in general about anything. However, I'm never rude to anyone and usually go out of my way to help people. I don't jump into conversations with harassing remarks because I don't like what people are saying. I ignore them or close the general chat window by putting it in it's own tab.

THERE IS NO WHERE IN THE RULES OF CONDUCT THAT SAY I CAN'T TALK ABOUT REAL WORLD ISSUES ON EVERQUEST

Cheating and Toxic players is turning EverQuest into ToxicQuest.

Every time I conversate with other people peacefully in general, someone always wants to harass me. Thing is, I'm responding to other people because I want to be social. Then people want to start being rude and calling me names because they are mad for some reason.

I reported the person that was being extremely rude. I feel like i wasted my time because I think that the GM will not do anything. I'm getting tired of toxic players that have no respect for anyone else. There are other games that do punish toxic behavior.

In my opinion most of the toxic behavior comes from people in Top raiding guilds on the server. Every time I have been harassed like this it's always from these raiding guilds. This has happened to be multiple times and these guilds do not enforce EverQuest rules of conduct at all. Being rude is very habitual from these types of guilds.

rule 7
    "7. You may not operate a guild that habitually violates these rules.

Disciplinary issues involving guilds may be addressed with the entire guild. Guilds whose members habitually violate these rules may be issued guild warnings and can even be permanently disbanded.

Guild Leaders and/or officers may be held accountable for any actions of their guild members, in addition to any other actions that may be taken. It is therefore the responsibility of the guild leadership to ensure that all guild members abide by these rules."

[IMG]

I'm sitting here waiting for a GM to respond. This incident occurred on mangler server.
  2. svann Augur

1. Being rude isnt against the TOS, and it would have to go a long ways beyond that before it is actionable harassment.
    2. You have /ignore if you dont want to hear it.
    3. GM isnt going to respond to this thread.
    4. If your own relative fired you because "you got too many problems" then maybe you should consider what he meant by that. There might be some truth there.
  3. Dexxeaa00 Elder

Respond to my Petition . We will see what they do.

1. Foul language is not permitted, in any language.

Excessive use of foul language in an inappropriate context, including swear words, real-world racial slurs, and other language that is not consistent with the fantasy environment and designed to hurt, will be considered a disruption. The existence of the filter (/filter) is not a license to be profane.

2. You may not harass others.

Harassment is defined as specifically targeting another player or group of players to harm or inconvenience them. As harassment can take many forms, the Game Master involved will make a determination as to whether or not a "reasonable person" would feel harassed.
  4. Dexxeaa00 Elder

"Greetings Traveler,

First, we would like to thank you for reporting this suspected violation of our Community Standards, and for helping us enforce our Terms of Service and Code of Conduct.

Secondly, we can assure you that this situation will be investigated. If is determined that there is indeed a violation of our policies, and one which requires administrative action to be taken, it will be addressed appropriately.

As with all cases of inappropriate behavior, we cannot give out information regarding the actions taken against another player's account. This information is considered to be private information and will not be discussed with anybody but the owner of the account as per our Privacy Policy.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us again."

Got the normal GM response to toxic behavior
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

Yes, what person is being a jerk. You're not going to want to here this but you are part of the problem however. The person has a perfectly valid point.

You need to join a guild, and even then you need to probe that guild for a group of friends to lean on.

Sometimes I'll throw a comment into general on a topic like that but then I quickly leave the conversation because that is not why I am there. General is great for LFG, questions about quests, etc. I'm not in there to be your therapist.

Imagine a person walking into a crowded mall. They just start talking out loud, to no one person in particular, about their problems. You are there going store to store trying to buy a pair of shoes. Are you going to stop and strike up a conversation with this person? Are you going to say hey, I'm on a shoe quest, you can tag along if you need someone to talk to? Be honest.

But I bet if you were walking along and a person said excuse me, which way to the shoe store? You'd probably say, I'm headed that way. Come with me and I'll show you. Then you'd probably say, first time here? A conversation starts and somewhere well into the conversation it might be appropriate for a complete stranger to start talking about their hardships.

It's not that no one cares. It's just that everyone has their own problems too.
    Duder likes this.
  6. Dexxeaa00 Elder

Harassment

Harassment covers a wide range of behaviors of an offensive nature. It is commonly understood as behavior that demeans, humiliates or embarrasses a person, and it is characteristically identified by its unlikelihood in terms of social and moral reasonableness. In the legal sense, these are behaviors that appear to be disturbing, upsetting or threatening. They evolve from discriminatory grounds, and have an effect of nullifying or impairing a person from benefiting their rights. When these behaviors become repetitive, they are defined as bullying. The continuity or repetitiveness and the aspect of distressing, alarming or threatening may distinguish it from insult.
  7. Dexxeaa00 Elder

If someone is in general need of help. Yes I'm going to stop and talk to them ! I'm not in a store and I'M REPLYING TO OTHER PEOPLE that were speaking in general chat. So it proves that yes I'm going to stop and talk to people if i feel that person is in need of help. Not that I'm going to drag them along with me on my journey. I help people with general EverQuest question and EverQuest relate things all the time. I'm always helping people on EverQuest all the time. I'm a super nice person.

Do you go to work and only talk about work? Do you go to church and only talk about church? Do you go to the store and never stop and talk to people about real world things ?

Are you going to go into a store and start harassing other people that are having a peaceful conversation?

Being rude and a bully is a problem and attacking people that may have problems isn't helping anything. It's making it worse . I'm a problem because I chat with other people and respond to a wide variety of topics ? I'm not just blurting out my problems. IM RESPONDING TO OTHER PEOPLE ! HAVING A CONVERSATION !
  8. dubblestack Elder

Yeah nobody wants to read that when they log into the game. I just want to play, hope there are gm events, or get stuff done on my chars. I would block you immediately if you were on my server.
    Duder likes this.
  9. svann Augur

Canned response. They wont do anything, and you will never know it because they literally told you they wont tell you. And to be clear - Im not saying they never do anything, but in this case they wont. Its not harassment. Just a slight case of rude.
  10. Dexxeaa00 Elder

bully
    1. a person who habitually seeks to harm or intimidate those whom they perceive as vulnerable.
  11. Dexxeaa00 Elder

Thats fine and thats what /ignore is for but there are many different people playing this game for different reasons.

THERE ARE MULTIPLE STORIES OF PEOPLE MEETING WIVES AND BEST FRIENDS THROUGH GAMING. I KNOW OF SOMEONE PERSONALLY THAT GOT MARRIED BECAUSE OF A MOBILE MMO.

But it obvious people don't want to read anything because people are just cherry picking things that i said without reading the full convo.
  12. Duder Augur

I remember my first time on the internet too...
    Nolrog, Raccoo, Jhenna_BB and 10 others like this.
  13. Dexxeaa00 Elder

14. Cicelee Augur

I have found when I do not join general channel, which is every time I play, my EQ experience is far more pleasant and enjoyable...
  15. Dexxeaa00 Elder

I feel like this is the best response so far ! Talking to other people in general just seems to backfire on me every time.

The test server general chat is not like this at all. The toxicity levels on test are a lot less then these TLP servers.

TOXICITY LEVEL CRITICAL !
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

After your first comment I found you to be toxic so skipped to the bottom to write this. /ignore is your friend, and apparently the only one. :D (JK)

In the past, I have petitioned about another player and the GM sent me that same response - but it must have worked cause the player I reported is no longer in the game, at least under that name. So they do things behind the curtain - you may feel its just a routine response but you don't know. Just cause you can't see the effect doesn't mean nothing happened.

The result is not given out cause you could go all Chuck Norris on someone and they would be legally responsible.
    Dexxeaa00 likes this.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

This x 1000.

You know what I do when General chat turns salty/political/disgusting? I just turn it off and keep playing.

I don't respond to toxic behaviour with more toxic behaviour...I just turn it off.
    code-zero likes this.
  18. Dexxeaa00 Elder

I said only a few things in response .

Calling someone out for being an a** is different from calling someone a Crack head that is going to die with a needle in their arm that has no family friends or girl because they want you to shut up.

If he wanted me to shut up he could of said almost the exact same thing just without the toxic bull.

But i'm toxic for sticking up for myself ?

Example he could of said

People play emmersion video games to relax and wind down. Not to hear people complain.

instead of

People play emmersion video games to relax and wind down. Not to hear a crack head with no teeth whine about their problems because they spent every dollar they stole or begged for.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Due to the pandemic, we are seeing an influx of new and returning players. If you add the already-toxic TLP environment into the mix, you have a bona fide powder keg ready to explode. In the recent past, people would "learn" or adjust to the decorum (less people, less talk, less reactions). People could size each other up.

With increased population, it's not just chat, people are competing for camps (ToV named or Fabled).

It's like traffic, tourists, or neighbors; everyone has to be patient.

Edit: This goes for any game not just EQ.
    Duder and Dexxeaa00 like this.
  20. svann Augur

Consider the irony of reporting someone for bad language after you just called them an . And no, thats not different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.