Aradune with Kunark/Velious launch?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ruiner, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Ruiner Lorekeeper

Can we please get a TLP with a Kunark or Velious launch. It would be nice to play a server where you aren't restricted to leveling in unrest and guk for 50 levels. Or at the least some sort of incentive to group in the other dungeons.
  2. Vaneksniper Elder

This a hundred times over again.
    Zinth and Cohhfarmage like this.
  3. Barthorn Elder

I agree 3 months of classic alone isn't really appealing.
    Zinth likes this.
  4. Runes Augur

Use a Krono or buy a 30 day sub, level to 40 and then switch to OOT and level to 50 within the 30 days and then go do something else until Kunark launches. Both your problems solved

DPG makes a huge change for the better and still people complaining. Would you rather have seen it on a 3 month unlock and PoP locked too?
  5. Tachyon Augur

Wait three months to start your toon. It'll still be busy.
    Nolrog likes this.
  6. Gnothappening Augur

Actually yeah, I would have preferred 3 month unlock and PoP lock. Mainly because that means the time and effort I have invested in Mangler wouldn't go poof as the population vanishes next month :(
  7. KimchiGoddess Augur

Not sure why they are so emphatic about starting 99% of the new TLPs in Classic over and over again.
  8. a_librarian Augur

This is basically the answer. People who have done the TLP cycle many times over aren't who these classic start servers are designed to lure in, DPG knows we will show up no matter what. Start playing in the era you want to play in, it's fine.

That said I really loved Selo's Luclin start
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

Later starts make sense for tlp vets who have been here for a few cycles. But beyond that, the "masses" that return don't want to skip the era that eq literally began at.

Will we raid sky for hours every week on a schedule? Not a chance. But some returning players will enjoy something new, despite how poor of gameplay we see it.

And really the numbers don't lie, classic eras have the most people. If you don't have great ideas and you need a cash infusion you go to what works, and some companies care more or less about how much it waters down the soup.
    topple likes this.
  10. KimchiGoddess Augur

Yeah I honestly feel you hit the nail on the head right there. Maybe a future trade off could be perhaps starting with Classic and Kunark and maybe waiting 4 months before Velious? I personally would just like more leveling options. I remember way back in the day when Lguk was overcrowded and spawn timers were broken. That was the worst.
  11. Mrjon3s Augur

Something I have always wanted was a kunark start with 4 a month unlock or velious start with a 5 month unlock. Then just go back to the regular schedule. Instead of 3 months classic 3 months kunark 3 months velious.
    Zinth and KimchiGoddess like this.
  12. Sokanist Journeyman

Classic EQ is a must for me when starting on a new server...

I think you would lose too many people by starting the server in later exspansions.... me LOL ;OP

and forgive me but what is the problem with waiting 3 months through classic and than get Kunark....
    if you wanted to main a beastlord or beserker I would understand the issue as that is truely a LONG wait.

please stick to classic start :O)
  13. Sethisto Elder

Honestly the dream for me would be 1 month classic, 1 month kunark, then normal 3 month for the rest. There isn't enough content and classic or kunark to last 3 months. Vox/naggy/sky/fear over and over and over is death, and Kunark outside of epics is even lighter on content. Velious is where this game really gets going. At least from a raid perspective.
    KimchiGoddess likes this.
  14. Typucm Elder

This will be fun, if players be able to create Iksars or lvl other classes in Kunark zones. Everytime as Kunark open everyone already 50 and miss some fun in Kurn or CoM, many other fun low lvl Kunark zones.

This is other option, or just Classic for 1 month, rest is 3 month.
  15. Moforyguy12345 Augur

I think kunark start would be great but that is asking a business to take money it'd be making for 3 months and just not make it? That's bad business and is why it will never happen.
  16. Zinth Augur

who in their right mind would SUGGEST "waiting 3 months" when you will lose out on the rush of things, there are good moneys to be made then selling sow and ports and what not or all the lovely banded armor... all that poof out the window and just do nothing?

those things would still be possible with a kunark start and if people are scared then they can stay in classic and some of the overflow goes to kunark = more room for everyone and all those that want iksar chars (myself included) could start right away, don't care if they make it 6 months classic+kunark, it is the same as 3+3 months in the end
    Ragnoruk likes this.
  17. Toraman New Member

I know it's highly unlikely any change will occur as they've already shifted once, but I'd like to add that I would also be in favor of a Kunark/Velious start. They've done multiple classic starts and a Luclin start, although some people love classic (me included) it would be fun to see that huge rush of new players that comes with a new TLP at the Kunark or Velious age.
    Skuz likes this.
  18. asmodethenaughty Lorekeeper

Nah dog, classic in fun times. But can we have manastone and the other items dropping?Maybe a further honour to Brad would be to rename the manastone to bradstone, or Arastone ?
  19. Zinth Augur

Nah not for Aradune, make Rizlona launch with either Classic+Kunark or Trilogy
    a_librarian likes this.
  20. Beep Elder

Iksar race change tokens are likely a decent chunk of income that DPG doesn't want to lose.