POP lock is gone!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Thewiz, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Thewiz Augur

Well done DPG. Thank you.
  2. Hinastorm86 Augur

Bravo on the quick turn around on this guys.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Thanks, guys, for listening to players.

I hope the GM experiment is a successful one!
  4. Maneuvre Augur

Travesty. Way to plan ahead DPG. What else will you go back on? How about that FV PVP TLP now?
  5. Ruination Elder

Nice, many people were upset by it being locked I think you made many of people happy with this change
  6. Supermain New Member

Thank you for unlocking Aradune past pop, greatly appreciated.
  7. Herf Augur

Where does it say that? I've seen the announcement saying "the original announcement has changed" but so far the main page on the 2 servers hasn't changed. FFS...proof reading and communicating for a business doesn't have to be this hard.
  8. Hinastorm86 Augur

In the "update" part of the announcement post is the update, ya last I checked it still said in the body on the post that both still lock, which will obviously need to be edited out.
  9. Herf Augur

10. Inictus Elder

While they are editing it, remove the Unintended references and replace with Unattended.
    Herf likes this.
  11. Eetra Journeyman

12. Inictus Elder

13. Rhoulicas Augur

Wow good and wise decision! I am really surprised. Incoming 4 to 5 more subs for Aradune.
  14. Herf Augur

Thanks, I found it....seems like maybe they have an opening for a webpage editor...

So the new servers aren't Agnarr 2.0 with different boxing rules, they're Mangler 2.0. And as the update notes; GMs aren't guaranteed, they're and experiment and (assuming they show at all) they may go after 6 months.
  15. Runes Augur

OK gotta give credit where credit is due..they listened and thank you DPG and Thank you JChan for the change. Servers are best ruleset so far of the last TLPs in last 5 years.
  16. Brady New Member

Yes, thank you for the change.
  17. enclee Augur

Props to them for making the change, but I wonder who was the “I told you so” person in the room?
  18. Wyndar Journeyman

Super stoked about this decision. Thanks DPG!
  19. Vicus Augur

TLP discord mood has changed and guild recruitment is starting to happen. Well Done.
  20. Tucoh Augur

Wouldn't be surprised either way but my guess is that EQ designers are so far removed from playerbase concerns that the synchronization of the expansion locking with their acceptable timeline of their GM experiment was the primary driver behind it, and they didn't even consider what players wanted from a server.

They probably also have a lot of data showing players duck out at PoP release anyway and have forgotten a principle rule of MMO player logic: permanence of value drives a lot of motivation. Many players will only be interested in building up a character that has enough permanence to satisfy their adventuring needs even if they are likely to abandon that character.
    HoodenShuklak, Wyndar and enclee like this.