No Automated/Unintended Game-play.....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Blackburrow23, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Blackburrow23 Elder

Why isn't this the rule on all servers? Did you guys just greenlight automation on everything but the new TLPs?

Absolutely No Automated/Unintended Game-play, any incident of automated gameplay is immediate suspension, second offence is a ban including all Everquest associated accounts.
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Yinla like this.
  2. Kovachs Lorekeeper

Another one of these posts? oh, and can you define unintended game play?
    minimind and svann like this.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Unintended ..... LOL :)

Honest, officer, I intended to play World of Warcraft!!
    Fanra, Herf, Nennius and 3 others like this.
  4. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I think this can happen when under the influence of certain substances. ;)

Seriously though I think they meant unattended which is referenced in "rules". Seems simple enough...be at the keyboard if you are killing stuff which is the bulk of what people complain about messing with their experience.

The "rules" do mention unintended which is a much more fluid thing, like taking advantage of a bug in the game. The developers did not intend for the game to work that way. The live vs undead giants in ToV Kael are an interesting example of this.
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Kovachs like this.
  5. Xyphen Maximum Augur

You are more likely to get a speeding ticket for drifting through a Stop sign in a barren desert at 3am than you are to get an EQ ban for haxoring.
    dreadlord likes this.
  6. svann Augur

Sometimes unintended play results in massive suspensions. Cactus event
    Sometimes it is allowed until code is changed. TOV live giants.
    Sometimes it just accepted for the most part. Kiting.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  7. Triconix Augur

Any gameplay where if you use just a sliver of logic you can tell it's not quite right.

For example: Not getting lockout timers after completing a mission/raid/task, but having a chest/corpse with loot on it and acquiring the loot endlessly by repeating the same thing over and over. Or how about raiding on your "alt turned temporary main" to loot items for your "main turned temporary alt who has lockouts" in order to loot more? Or using NPCs to tank mobs while you dps without worry and get exp? Anyone just a few IQ points above neanderthal can deduce that these examples are unintended and should not be exploited, but were because not explicitly stated as exploits.
    Rolaque likes this.
  8. Angahran Augur

Automated gameplay is already not allowed on any server.
    minimind likes this.
  9. enclee Augur

Sure...
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Automated gameplay is already against the rules as I understand them. Whether the rule against it is enforced well or not is the real question. Rules should be enforced IMHO, or they should be removed. Others will feel differently, but I think that not enforcing a rule consistently is a very poor business practice and helps to reduce the credibility of those who ought to be enforcing the rules.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I played on one of those TLP things for giggles, never went too far on any of them. I was a level 12? maybe? paladin in unrest on one of them, had to afk while in unrest soloing stuff at the front, went to a safe spot in the hedges to afk like it was 1999, back 5 minutes later had been kicked offline.

Checked my logs to find out what happened, some GM sent me a tell, no idea what it was about, but within 60 seconds (based off the time of the tell and when I got back to my pc), I was offline.

No suspension or warning or anything, but made me never bother to log in again after that day. I don't need to be hassled for playing a game. I'll stick to Xegony.
  12. enclee Augur

Did you read through that discord conversation? Automated, active play was deemed acceptable, while automated, AFK was emphasized as a rule breaker.
  13. Duder Augur

[IMG]
    Nukester and Tucoh like this.
  14. minimind The Village Idiot

Well, color me intrigued. I was out-of-EQ during RoS, but I'm raiding it now. Cactus was fun to learn. What was being done that resulted in suspensions?
  15. Kovachs Lorekeeper

Looooook out below! Troll police here to insult peoples intelligence for making jokes.
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Wasn't just cactus, it was all RoS missions.

The missions dropped pieces for the VP key. People could do the mission, get to the chest, drop the mission, open the chest and loot the piece, then do the mission again with no lockout.

There was a cactus specific thing that was different, more serious, but wasn't what everyone was suspended for. You could take a piece from the raid I think, and leave the mission with it, and do something in the group mission to keep spawning chests without finishing the mission, or something.
    minimind likes this.
  17. Captain Video Augur

My girlfriend used to complain about unattended gameplay whenever she was watching a movie. I would always say "But honey, I'm sitting right here at the keyboard!"
  18. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I think they were using the raid piece to start the group mission or something like that and the group mission would drop Raid Loot at the end.I'm not exactly sure how that was happening but I remember hearing about raid loot from group chests, I don't think many people knew about or did that though.

But yeah the suspensions came mainly from people dropping the group task before opening the chest so they could chain start a 5 minute mission and keep getting chests full of loot. Missions now will not let you loot from a chest if you don't have the task. I've lost out on loots because I kicked the mission before things were fully looted with the change. Not a game breaker but it does suck to see something rot that was needed because of an early /kickp t.
  19. dreamweaver Community Manager

"Unintended gameplay" Is cheating, taking advantage of exploits, etc.
  20. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...y-on-AFK-or-Unattended-Gameplay-in-EverQuest-
    https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/230629007-What-are-the-EverQuest-Rules-of-Conduct-