Aradune & Rizlona Launch Date! - May 27

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Tachyon Augur

The raiding scene is good on Mangler. Usually 50-80 on most pick up PoP targets. Grouping is declining. 10-15 lfg daytime maybe 30 in the evenings on a regular basis.
  2. Tachyon Augur

Agreed! But Mangler will be close to this when the new servers open so you can have both.
  3. Dexxeaa00 Elder

What ever happened to in game polls ?

I guess the new way to do business is to not give the customers what they want ?
    They order prime rib but its cheaper for you to bring them bologna.

4. Raytheon Augur

What everyone is missing when they say "DPG isn't listening to the community" is that DPG doesn't consider "The Community" to be the passionate people on these forums and in Discord and the like. They consider us "The Vocal Minority". They have said exactly that when explaining why Free Trade TLP won't happen. "The Community" to them is paying customers, and where people have spent their money in the past will drive where DPG dedicates their resources in the future. So, Rizlona and Aradune will likely be a huge hit with lots of cash flowing from krono and bags and subs, and this will drive them in that direction even more. The only way for this kind of crap to stop is if Rizlona and Aradune are utter failures. I hate these locking at PoP, but my money is on these two servers being cash cows. Again.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. GamerGramps Journeyman

Everyone tends to agree that a TLP population goes down after PoP/LDoN.

Here's some food for thought...
    Could the population go down during this era not because of the popularity of the expansions, but the fact that players (box armies and krono farmers) are moving on to greener pastures when another TLP opens up?

Ragefire - PoP unlocked on May 29th, 2017. Agnarr opened on May 24th, 2017.
    Agnarr - PoP unlocked on April 25th, 2018. Coirnav opened on March 16th, 2018.
    Coirnav - PoP unlocked on Feb 13th, 2019. Selos/Mangler opened on March 16th, 2019.

Maybe the dates are just a coincidence, and players really do get bored after PoP. On Ragefire, I just notice a decrease in the armies and farmers when a new TLP launches.

My other opinion... Don't PoP-Lock Rizlona!!!!!
    Whoops likes this.
  6. Xanathol Augur

A server with no players cannot be a cash cow.

To be more precise on the 'community' they listen to, it is a handful of players they get along with, nothing more, nothing less. And you can see how well that has worked out.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  7. Lumiens Augur

They changed up Mangler and Selo last year after all the backlash they got after their initial ruleset announcements so there is hope that they can do it again this year.
    Trinost, Xanathol and Whoops like this.
  8. Vorshayla75 New Member

we had Holly last year.. we don't have said Holly this year
  9. modsiw Augur

Maybe they are switching for boxing and GMs. Classic is just a temporary hurdle to jump.
    Whoops likes this.
  10. dreamweaver Community Manager

New staff.
    Yinla likes this.
  11. tonponbo New Member

You just squashed what hope i had for the non truebox, pop locked? wtf am i supposed to do with that?

F
    Trinost likes this.
  12. Vicus Augur

Yes,
    Aradune will have some players but nothing like Agnarr, that ship sailed. Rizlona will be empty. NO one wanted Rizlona like this. Can't make money like that. But good news, the CS team will have an easier time then they thought with the cheating stuff.
    Whoops likes this.
  13. Whoops Augur

Honest question. We can only speculate, but which do you think was the bigger cash cow? Agnarr, from its launch until shortly before new TLPs were announced, or the combination of Mangler and Selo (since they launched together, dividing where people spent money) until recently? The figures may not even be all that different, because I think a lot of the draw to do it all again-again, and throw money at it again, is that it's shiny and new.

Sadly, part of what makes the shiny and new thing--whatever it is--seem more appealing is at least the illusion of choice. Sure, loads of people may play classic-PoP on a loop, but being told at the outset that you can't do anything other than that with either of the shiny new things scuffs up all the shine that makes them otherwise attractive. (On the other hand, I do appreciate that it's clearly stated up front. While it's nice to have choices, even if you keep making the same ones, it's vastly more infuriating to be misled.)
  14. Widget New Member

No wonder they kept this info locked away until now, what a farse, I've not seen a single post from anyone saying either of these servers are a good idea.Why oh why do you think we'd need 3 PoP locked servers?
    Trinost likes this.
  15. Xenorius New Member

I can't even play the game today, Been sitting in PoK reading the forums/staring blankly at my screen.. What an awful idea to have Rizlona pop-locked.
    Trinost likes this.
  16. Jenarie Elder

So yesterday I almost cried but after a day to digest the information it comes to this.

I know about 20 people who are extremely disappointed but will probably still play. Many of them mentioned that without at least the illusion for long-term they won't invest in as many SC purchases.

Although I un-subbed both my accounts last night there is a high probability I will resub one of them for the server.

The difference in revenue I'll personally generate due to the pop lock is that I will most likely play one account instead of two. I will probably buy 1 bag instead of the 3-4 I would normally buy. So they will see an uptick of money coming in and probably feel like this is a success but for me at least they will get less than half what they would have for an unlocked server even with the same ruleset.

Please... it isn't too late to change your mind. I know it is too late to make a major new ruleset but just cancelling the PoP lock would make a lot of people much happier. It still isn't our dream server but it would be a server we could get behind with a lot more enthusiasm.
    Vicus likes this.
  17. Darro New Member

Do they really thing there is a big enough "we love pop" population to sustain 3 servers? The boxing server would allow for people who've been toiling on RF to get their first non-truebox tlp in years and the answer to that is to lock at xpac that's roughly 1/5th of EQs current history? Are 4/5ths of EQ utter trash and not worthy of experiencing?
    Whoops likes this.
  18. Pneumothorax Journeyman

Have to say locking them both at POP/LDON is not what I'm looking for. I think I get it that they want to roll them both into Agnarr and cut down on overhead with these things, there has to be a better way to do it though.
  19. Kaneras Augur

One thing I don't understand, if they are going to be PoP locking both servers, why not lengthen the time between expansions on Aradune? This server appears to be catering to a more classic experience, especially with the boxing rules. Have you compared the populations between Selo and Mangler? Mangler wins easily.
  20. SunDrake Augur

Terrible. Do not lock Rizlona.
    Trinost, ForumBoss and Whoops like this.