mouse control problem - getting worse?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by svann, Dec 4, 2017.

1. svann Augur

I have always used the mouse to move and turn by holding left and right mouse button. IMO it is much better control than using the keyboard, however there is a bug that happens sometimes that is very annoying. Ill be running along and suddenly the game freezes and the camera angle goes straight up or straight down. I can fix it by releasing both buttons, but then I need to move the camera back up or down to normal. It is very disorienting, and when pulling often gets me some hits on my back that I dont need.

This has been going on since forever. It has been the same through several computers and several mice, so Im sure its not me. Lately it seems like it is happening more often. There has been an issue opened on the issuetracker.
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1714
    Could you please take a look at this? It is very annoying.
    Ghubuk likes this.
  2. Ghubuk Augur

I have had this happen on numerous occasions as well. To be honest, I thought it was something I was doing.
  3. svann Augur

I know its not just me doing something wrong, because it actually freezes the game. Its not just me stuck, its the whole client that is paused. If I continue holding the 2 buttons down it remains frozen until I let them both go.
  4. FarkenHostile New Member

I used to have this happen a lot, still do sometimes but I lowered my mouse sensitivity in eq and it's been better.
  5. svann Augur

I think I know what you are talking about and this is not quite the same.

Lowering mouse sensitivity will keep you from overturning, but this is the game actually freezing. All action seems to stop until I let up off of the mouse buttons and then it unfreezes.
  6. Zuchero Journeyman

Ive been back into the game in 2019 in june and the first thing that i find was that mouse going crazy. That mouse going crazy when i try to turn to face the fight ..or in town when you want to turn and to face someone or and npc. Or at small bank when there is lot of toons the worst is in guild hall...zzzzzooop and im looking behind the fight ...zzzzzoop and im looking behind ...its from the beginning of eq so i dont think there is anything to do against that problem. I think you guys were not talking bout that exactly but its the nearest that i find in forums. Anyway i just fell like im wasting my time now. I needed to say it at least once on forums. Have fun
  7. Zuchero Journeyman

forgot to say that you can try to adjust the mouse and waste more time on that like i do few minutes every week.
  8. GNOME_POWER Augur

I don't know because I don't move the letters with the mouse.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This happens to me quite a bit. I have just sort of dealt with it, but I can confirm this happens.
  10. Troutfest Augur

It happens a lot to me also, playing bard and pulling it will freeze when I turn, let off mouse buttons then view is up at ceiling.