New server announcement feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xeris, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Sokanist Journeyman

I was considering coming back for Aradune server but than i notested the PoP Lock thing...nevermind.
    Foaming and Karango like this.
  2. Vanleiz New Member

Maybe, it's to attract new players. I'll be there.
  3. Zinth Augur

then go play on Agnarr? it's pop locked... and got AoC's and all that and are definetly not interesting to the massive amount of "evil boxers"
  4. Ragnoruk Augur

Why does the Rizlona server not appeal to you if you box 4-5 characters? I can understand why locking at POP might not but the Rizlona server is for boxers. You are a boxer. What am I missing?
  5. Zinth Augur

1. where does his friends play?
    2. pop lock
    3. where are the raid guilds in his timezone?

that are 3 important things to me
    Whoops likes this.
  6. Ragnoruk Augur

Sure, these are things every player needs to think about when deciding to play on a new server. Neither of these things were on his/her list of concerns though. I quoted the OP because he/she wants to play 4-5 characters yet seems to be against a server made for boxing. I am just curious as to why.
  7. Zinth Augur

well the giant obvious reason is in point #2 in case you missed it ;-)
  8. jeskola pheerie

Maybe this is Darkpaw's way of keeping Mangler populated and thriving.

Maybe they were afraid these new servers would crash every night from popularity if they didn't take drastic action to reduce the number of players on them.

Dumb reasons like these are the only explanations I can come up with for POP lock right now.
    Karango and Overcast451 like this.
  9. Ragnoruk Augur

I acknowledged that point in my 1st post, in case you missed it. However, he/she went on to say that there is no server for him/her because he boxes 4-5 characters and that is not true. Rizlona is for people wanting to play more than 2 characters.
  10. Zinth Augur

yes and it's not a progression server it is a LOCKED server = there is NO SERVER for him.... tadaaaaaaaa
  11. Ragnoruk Augur

I am not sure where the confusion is here. I am asking the OP a question regarding his last statement where he/she says there is no interest in playing on either server due to the fact that one server is truebox and the other is not. Somehow these options do not appeal to them because he/she plays 4-5 characters. What would the middle ground be exactly?
  12. Aaxxandum Journeyman

Its like the people in charge of makin the new TLP server are not even playing the game, or atleast not the same game the rest of us are playing. This is just another attempt of a cashgrab servers with little to no investment on their behalf. I was sooo looking forward to a new non-truebox server and i get hit in the face with pop locked? Guess ill stay on mangler until i stop playing this game. DPG really knows how to dissapoint.
  13. Xanathol Augur

Literally less than 1% have even hinted at a limit on boxes on a Truebox server. VM box armies going away, yes, but not a ridiculous artifical cap on boxes.
  14. That0neguy Augur

Until the 60 boxer claims he lives in a compound and its not him 60 boxing. He is only playing 2 characters. His 10 wives and 20 kids are playing the rest.
    Whoops likes this.
  15. Vindar Augur

GM enforced is awesome, PoP locked is not. Please make Rizlona like Selo except 2 month unlocks.
  16. Xeris Augur

Well, the biggest one is pop lock, not because I don't like pop lock, but because Agnarr is my home server and I definitely have 0 intention to play on another pop lock server after having already invested 3 years into Agnarr.

Second, I imagine that the boxing server is going to be much more for people who are just sandboxing and running entire raids by themselves vs. people running 3-6 accounts. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like this server is going to attract a particular type of player that doesn't really care to interact with many other people.
  17. Smallhands Elder

So is Mangler with the bot guild selling Time Loot since 1-2 months through PoP timetable.

You don't need FV ruleset to RMT. And RMTing on a non FV server is more profitable anyways, since each change-of-hands on no drop loot requires krono/pp.
    Xanathol likes this.
  18. Vahleb New Member

For every whiner in this thread there are poeple like me who will be returning specifically because of the PoP era lock. You are not a special snowflake, just because you think something is better does not make it so. If you dont want to play, trust me.....you wont be missed.
  19. Zinth Augur

just remember that when you and 9 other people sit on a dead server, we don't want even a tiny peep of from you about it
    Xanathol likes this.
  20. Vahleb New Member

I played on Agnarr and never expected it to last long-term. I have P99 if that was something I wanted.