Ignoring all the hate and disappointment

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by C3lowz, Apr 28, 2020.

1. ArtremasEQ Augur

None due to PoP lock.

Rizlona if it wasn't pop locked.
  2. TLP Addict Augur

Brutal but on point
  3. Smackage3 New Member

Wont play unless they fix the lock at pop
    sauron69 and Orsenfelt like this.
  4. sumnayin Augur

You should learn how to read...you just made all my points for me and somehow you think you're disputing what I said. I also never said reporting people is "fun times for me." Why is it people that have to play contrarian love to put words where they weren't.
  5. Zargo Journeyman

I love PoP era EQ and I'm really looking forward to Aradune. Going to be duoing with wife and I couldn't be more excited to take her through EQ's progression for her first time.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No Berserkers in at the start = I won't be trying either at all.

Had they enabled all classes/races at the start I would have given it a whirl even with the pop-lock, it would have been a novel experience.

But the Pop-lock idea has been done.

An out of the gate "Seasonal" truebox Classic to LDoN server that dumps all the characters on Agnarr then restarts would've been more in keeping with what the Aradune name means to me, possibly to others too - though it should have some form of seasonal rewards granted on the server of your choosing, some suggestions would be specific season title, unique illusion, unique mount, unique merc contract, unique armour ornamentation set, unique housing items, unique guild hall items. Rewards for beating the seasonal server as the first guild to do so, and rewards for everyone who played through each expansion on the seasonal server.

Rizlona being pop-locked makes massively less sense than Aradune being pop locked, boxing was largely a response to the decline of the servers as they got older and less populated on live servers, on TLP people boxed mainly because they intended to stick around & wanted that "team" of boxes to be functional from the beginning as they had learnt from live how much their main would benefit from not spending hours trying to find people for their group or having to sit around LFG for hours on end.
  7. Vicus Augur

Neither honestly. I had time to think about it last night because I was so excited then deflated. I even thought for a moment..well Aradune with the Gm stuff seems interesting maybe I should try but the thought of it all ending at LDON just ruins it for me. I love the later expansions and really want to see them and would love not to have to box 6 characters to do it. But with PoP lock, its a no go for me. Not spending money on bags and subs just for a character with a time-limit. Three months of hype is gone for me.
    Xenorius likes this.
  8. Ragnoruk Augur

I am with you. I am excited for the Aradune server.
  9. Dritz New Member

I want to play on Aradune, but the PoP-lock is disappointing. I'll probably still play there until the next batch of TLPs come out in my forever search for the perfect TLP.
  10. ntellect Augur

The reason why people play on any new TLP when it launches. Population.
  11. asmodethenaughty Lorekeeper

Looking forward to Aradune. Probably go SK.
  12. Relentless Insomnia

I love it, it will augment our EQ playtime with something new and fun but also preserve Mangler for a long time to come.
  13. Sythrak20 Elder

This didnt age well.
  14. Relentless Insomnia

Yeah too many cry babies lol, and someone at Darkpaw has no spine. Caved so easy.
  15. Magickon Augur

Enforced no boxing is going to end up being nothing more than people arguing over whether or not someone was boxing.
    Gnothappening likes this.
  16. Gnothappening Augur

Maybe you should go back and read what you typed earlier. In your earlier post you literally said, "I will actively be reporting people too, this will be fun times." There aren't a lot of ways to take that other than actively reporting people will be fun times for you.
    Skuz likes this.