Aradune & Rizlona Launch Date! - May 27

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Brildon Augur

Pretty depressing about the boxing server be PoP era locked especially when the original announcement said it would share Mangler's ruleset.

"Rizlona will also share the Mangler rule set and be our first boxing progression server in a long time. "
    Whoops likes this.
  2. GugokSkulkraker Lorekeeper

Somehow I doubt that trend will continue with this announcement. We all thought the new TLPs would kill Mangler, who knew it was really going to slay Agnarr?
    Whoops likes this.
  3. Socratic Journeyman

I have not played in several years (Phinigiel), and thought I'd never play EQ again.

If the 2box server stays PoP locked, I probably never will.

Let the server go past PoP (preferably roll LDoN into the PoP launch and have GoD 12 weeks later) and I'll blow some time playing EQ again. Or don't, and I'll do something more productive. I'm not sure which I'd prefer.
    Sumonerr_Tunare and Jenarie like this.
  4. Eetra Journeyman

In OOW Phinigel still had NINETEEN active raid guilds. By DODH we had seventeen. It wasn't until all the way until SoD it finally dipped under ten guilds. Post PoP EQ is way more fun and interesting than pre-PoP EQ, granted that is just my opinion. Obviously I am not the only one.

Edit: for the curious, it can all be seen here: https://phinnyprogress.com/
  5. Taledar Elder

I LOVED agnarr, but its just agnarr again. Can the devs seriously give this idea a second though and try out an Omens of War Locked server? Gives it a change and a already in place great rule set. Please.
  6. Herf Augur

DayPaw clearly thinks either:

- there are a bunch of people out there who have never played EQ, and want to.

- or that did play EQ, never came back for Phinny, Ragefire, Agnarr, or Mangler "for that classic experience", but somehow will now.

- or that they did play, one 1-2 boxes only, but stopped playing solely because of botting players..

Over a year ago I built a new 2nd machine to truebox on Agnarr, and just a month or so ago I bought a new laptop so I could 3 box. I'm not the only one to have spent money on that, as well as on mounts, bag packs, etc. All of which would be wasted by going to the new servers.

I'm not (this time) whining about how Agnarr gets treated by DayPaw: I'm just truly baffled as to who they think are going to populate these new servers?
  7. Nails New Member

Please lock these at OoW or DoN.
  8. ThenaEQ Augur

enclee likes this.
  9. liveitup1216 Augur

+1 for keeping Aradune rules as-is, except remove PoP lock or at least make it a later expansion.
  10. enclee Augur

Is that real? Is this why they don’t do anything about bots? Where’s that from?
  11. Vicus Augur

Aradune...I like..wish it was for the entire expansions but I can see why that would be hard to support....Rizlona...is DOA. Why would you release two of the same servers at the sametime...I just don't understand it. Really don't. How can you think this was a good idea. Your playerbase is split on day 1.
    Herf likes this.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Doesn't this goes for ALL servers?

Would be nice with a dedicated GM that could clean up the bots on live servers too... ;)

I believe you mean "unatended" btw...:p
    Herf likes this.
  13. Raytheon Augur

The only reason for this has to be that DBG loves TLP servers that die so that they can get that big krono rush at the beginning of the following year's TLP release. Phinny was apparently too successful because too many people stuck around for so long. I love EQ, but man y'all are some of the dumbest management in video game history if you think that will keep people motivated and playing ad infintum.
    Herf and enclee like this.
  14. Herf Augur

I'll admit, I've been wrong about many things many times over many years. But in this case: why would people who are on any of the existing TLPs go to the new servers?

That's not a rhetorical question; I just don't see where the population for them will come from, and I certainly don't see why people who've been on Agnarr the last 2+ years would go to the new servers.

The only way I could see moving to a new server to do the same stuff all over again, is if my guild moved. And there are only 3 active raiding guilds on Agnarr; not enough to populate either of the new servers.
  15. Fudly Elder

"Oh wow, maybe I should abandon mangler for these."
    "Oh wait, PoP locked".
  16. Creedmonk Augur

all I can do is laugh at this point right?
    Vlahkmaak likes this.
  17. deano187 New Member

long time player, first time poster.

I am NOT ok with this. Someone make a petition and lets all sign it.
  18. Genjo Lorekeeper

Honestly I hate to sound like a troll.

But this so far off what is needed that I question the logic of the people making decisions on behalf of everquest. Pop-locked servers are 100% a fail, and the fact that you would annouce the two newest servers as pop-locked shows how not in touch with the community you are.

I am shocked that you would time-lock any servers at this point. You have the ability to do polls in game, i dont recall seeing one poll for something as backwards as this. People want the thrill of all starting at the same point, grouping together, but why create a fail point when people will connect with friends and invest in theri guild and charcater only to be stopped. The whole point of a pop-locked system is to bore of the game.

Just poorly thought out, and it basically says all this built in content we have built for the past 17 years is of no value. Way to degrade the value of the product.

A very disappointed "paying" customer of this game.
    Johnc, Vicus and Vlahkmaak like this.
  19. Gremin Augur

Another letdown, you all make no sense in the way you choose to do things. PoP locked, really? OoW would of been a better choice, if any lock at all.
  20. Herf Augur

Well they won't transfer anyone from Agnarr because they're new servers, and transferring people with their mounts/loot would a) unbalance things and b) be impossible because many of the items won't be in game yet (or ever.)

You say "this will prevent anyone new from coming on to Agnarr"..but how many "new" people are out there? I don't believe there are enough of them to populate two servers. So they'll still be playing in a lot of empty zones.

At least if they went to any of the existing TLPs they'd eventually find people to play with. On Agnarr all of the guilds are willing to accept lowbie recruits, and people will help them out to varying degrees to get them leveled. No one's going to do that on new servers; it will be dog eat dog again.