New server announcement feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xeris, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Lumiens Augur

It's says boxing anymore than 2 characters for Aradune so I interpret that as Main + 2 boxes so 3 total.
  2. birisu Elder

Zero reason to lock the boxing server in PoP. It's only as the expansions get further that classes become more complicated and trueboxing becomes more annoying. What an absolutely terrible idea
    ForumBoss, Foaming and biohazard like this.
  3. Karanthal Augur

pretty happy with that announcement <mangler player>
  4. Trevalon Augur

Well, silver lining, some good may come outa this afterall!
  5. Relentless Insomnia

I love the rulesets! THANK YOU DAYBREAK!
    dwiguslowater likes this.
  6. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Locking Rizlona at LDoN was a poor decision. I was really hoping for a full progression server allowing boxing without Truebox ruleset.
    Karango, ForumBoss, Shagroth and 2 others like this.
  7. Duskborn03 New Member

100%, the era lock is cool. But to recreate Agnarr? Agreed with the OP; OoW lock would be better.
  8. Xeris Augur

Agnarr has been out for 3 years, I'm not sure how the current population of Agnarr is relevant. They clearly have data that shows Agnarr was a huge revenue generator for them, otherwise they wouldn't be releasing 2 more of them. But sure, pretend that you know more than the company that makes the game, that you have more data.

It seems like they're just capitalizing on the rush of players from classic-pop, it's indisputable that this period in every TLPs life is the most populated, so they must be thinking to capitalize on it.

I still don't think that releasing 2 more Agnarrs is a good idea, would much prefer oow lock... I truly believe that era locking is much better, because a lot of players seem to have particular eeas they're fond of, and era locking is great to promote casual play.

I took a 2 month break on Mangler and couldn't keep up, on Agnarr I can quit for a year and come back and I won't fall behind.
    dwiguslowater likes this.
  9. ItzJusJonSkywalk New Member

Let's also take into account the travesty of what happened to Coirnav when mangler/selo's came...

It completely destroyed that server.
  10. ProgressionFreak Augur

Holly Longdale probably quit because she hate these ideas.
    Also, grats on botching an attempt to honor Brad McQuad.
    Xanathol, Zinth, Creedmonk and 2 others like this.
  11. Bullsnooze Augur

Guess they're going to test the waters with dedicated GMs... I personally don't think its going to work unless there's more behind the scenes that we dont know about.

I'll give the server a shot and see how it is at launch. I only plan to two-box anyway, so its right up my alley. :)
  12. lolwutidk New Member

Gonna be real stable cause they will be at 2% capacity
    Xanathol likes this.
  13. Vicus Augur

Man..you guys do something good then crap all over it. Aradune seems really well thought out...but Rizlona will be a dead server. You had 60+ pages of discussion about a non-truebox server and no one wanted a boxing server locked at PoP. Boxing becomes needed in later expansions because the playerbase starts to fall off, in classic-pop there is no need to box as much.

But that is not even the worst part. You are SPLITTING your playerbase right at launch. Some people want truebox some dont. So the playerbase will be 50/50...and will start both servers at a lower population instead of HOPING the other half joins the server they didn't 100% wish for. And the best part is going to watch as one server just dies off...to nothing and you CAN"T even merge them because they have drastically different core rulesets with Truebox/no Truebox.

I honestly feel that these are their final TLP's and this is just to sell as much krono as they can. Also the amount of boxers out there....that won't touch these servers because they cheat and are scared to get banned when they can play on Mangler and other servers without hassle is going to drop the population (which I dont care about ..rather have fair play) but at the end of the day..one of these servers are going to be dead...especially after 3 months of classic (all signs point to Rizlona).

At the end of the day I probably will try Aradune because its the clear choice...but I really don't understand why you guys can't make better decisions. When did you ever read from anyone..that two PoP lock servers was what everyone wanted.
    Shagroth and Foaming like this.
  14. Zansobar Augur

I'm pretty sure they mean 2 accounts at once max. But I could be wrong.
  15. Zansobar Augur

The real gem in this is the limit on number of boxes on the Truebox server, this will end the VM box armies. Plus the dedicated GM to expedite suspensions and bans when cheaters are discovered. The community has been asking for this for a long time and DPG delivered!

I'm perfectly fine with PoP locked sever too because 90% of TLP players won't play past PoP anyway and Agnarr was extremely popular when it launched. I'm sure Aradune will be the highest population server they have once it launches.
    Overcast451 and Bullsnooze like this.
  16. Duality Augur

Guess this is a good time to take a break from TLP and play live free accounts.
    Karango, Skuz and Foaming like this.
  17. Herf Augur

If she quit. The way this is looking, she could have been told "we're downsizing, you have 1 month of pay to start looking for another job." Then the people who remain get tasked with coming up with some get rich quick scheme, and these new servers are either their joke on the people who run the company, or they have so little knowledge of the player base that they think these are good ideas.
  18. Machen New Member

Hmm. When Phinigel had been out three years, there were still 15 guilds clearing content.

Not sure how you can possibly think Agnarr is more successful than that.
    Zinth and Skuz like this.
  19. Zansobar Augur

Phinny was the first TLP with AOC. Plus how many boxes made up those guilds?
  20. Bullsnooze Augur

I'm with you, I think this is a great step forward. I'll be on Aradune for sure. :)