ToFS Raid 1 Difficulty / Mechanics concerns

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazame, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Metanis Bad Company

Just trying to solve the problem of some favored guilds seemingly having no issue with the randomness. Sometimes where there is smoke there truly is fire.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You let them beat on you on and then they will despawn faster. If you chain stun them they will stay up for minutes.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

"favored guilds" lol

git gud as the kids like to say
    feeltheburn likes this.
  4. Axxius Augur

Before the patch:
    1. Every restless mob damaged the boss hp.
    2. Drolvargs counted the same as specters (bug) and did 4% instead of 2%.
    After the patch:
    1. If you get too many mobs of the same type, they no longer count.
    2. Half of the room spawns do only half of the boss damage they did before.
    Those 2 changes are mostly responsible for the event becoming more dependent on RNG and generally taking longer and becoming harder. Reduced hp of the room spawns is partially negated by having to move between the rooms more often.
    Mediik, Syylke_EMarr and Yinla like this.
  5. Szilent Augur

It's nice for the event designer that the healing via bad kills on nonRestless spawns-mechanic is working correctly now.

It's nice for event participants that there's less completely dead time between Restless mobs to kill.

It's dumb and not fun that there is an arbitrary cap on the benefit to killing mob types that appear randomly.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

Lol, I'll take the bait. How about? ...

Level 60 Banishment/Disintegrate spells
  7. Bigstomp Augur

Or kite it. Save your healers a little stress. (ideally by not aggroing them to begin with)
  8. Triconix Augur

Horrible advice. Have you tried this before? I tried kiting once just to see if it worked a few weeks ago as I was curious. Got blasted by what was essentially a DT similar to what happens in EW with the ice golems.

From what I've experienced, the mobs seem to depop quicker if engaged. I just stand there with a non-damage primary (plenty to choose from).
  9. Syylke_EMarr Augur

This event is very heavy-handed with the anti-kite/leash DT mechanic :( I get DTed a lot when a tank in another room dies and their mob picks me up as next on agro.

I'm going to assume Bigstomp was referring to kiting the mobs inside their rooms which is... doable but not fun or easy, and some rooms are easier than others.
    Koryu likes this.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

Correct. Obviously trying to kite it out into the middle is a bad idea.
  11. Dewey Augur

Events stupid. You have to off tank the non-restless to spawn more mobs. Doing this makes more things in the center spawn and the rooms. So make sure you pull them but don't kill them.

Also you can bind right outside. So think of it like Naggy/vox raid. Bind outside and just say ready to come right back and charge it.(We did not bind right outside, however, I am saying that it is an option and what I would suggest to do) Shouldn't be any guild that has any problem doing it with this strat.

With that being said if the dev's deleted this stupid raid and removed all coin/loot/achievements I would actually perfer that to having to endure that crap.
  12. Karhar Dream Crusher

I will say, we beat it tuesday night, totally rng and a bit of a zerg at the end, but still shouldnt need to rely on rng to beat a raid.
  13. Mediik Augur

We beat it on Tuesday. It sucked.

Anytime you introduce the RNG anything in this game, your not testing skill your just making people waste time waiting for the RNG to swing back in your direction. Sometime you'll even hit that patch of bad luck which will make you want to bang your head against a wall.

Which is why I think the feedback on this seems rather varied. IMHO it was a poor change and could be handled in other ways.
    Zunnoab likes this.
  14. svann Augur

RNG for which mob spawns belongs in the group game when you are hoping for names. If you want it in raid game make it possibly spawn a miniboss with loot.
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Maedhros High King

No thank you, I enjoy my 20 extra coins per week.
    You could just skip tofs and do your other 6 raids a week.
    If you struggle with TOFS, how has T3 been?
  16. Cicelee Augur

Lots of people complaining about event and the mechanics and the randomness of the event and everything associated with it.....

And winning.

It is one thing if the event was not winnable. It is, by quite a few guilds. I believe it is because of this it will not be changed, much to the chagrin of the majority...
    enclee likes this.
  17. enclee Augur

I agree with your perspective that it won't be changed. I wish though, they would weight this feedback more towards the players. People are beating it, but they're hating it. I'm already starting to look at raid nights, and questioning why am I playing? I'm not finding the content to be enjoyable.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  18. Syylke_EMarr Augur

That's the thing, though. T3 is easier than this new incarnation of ToFS1. Though, I expect T3 will be nerfed (probably a month from now, if T2 timeline persists). The rest of ToFS is perfectly fine in difficulty/etc, they've just overtuned ToFS1 at this point. More than likely a result of too many different changes to the event being applied at the same (or close) time.
  19. Drakang Augur

T3 Velks is the only challenge with lower DPS. I know my guild should get it soon. We are close. Almost had it this last weekend till bad luck on green aura got us. I like velks. Its not buggy. Yeah you could say the random number generator on who gets emotes and where they are makes it a bit more challenging but have always been things like that. The random luck on what you get when on TOFS 1 is the reason some probably had no issue while other struggle.
  20. Dewey Augur

I don't struggle with tofs with difficultly. In fact I believe that I said how any raid could zerg it with zero effort in my post. The only thing I struggle with tofs 1 is the raid itself.

Remember when performers was a raid in demi plane? That was an awesome raid. What's missing is individual accountability. TOFS 1 is one of the worse raids because of the lack of individual accountability. This raid is not difficult.

Tier is Kael 1 and Velks is decent and entertaining. Tier 3 Kael 2 /shrug not ducking should dt 15 people. To see people complain about the sacrifice emote is sad.

As for your extra 20 coin a week. Yup the coin floweth easier now. If you don't loot anything and show up for your participation trophy every week you'll have a full set of gear in 6 months. Of course that'll go up to 30 shortly and be allot less than 6 months...

Anyways, I can understand how someone that doesn't raid that much could care about 20 coin in this expansion. Even a low raid attendance should get you decently geared this expansion though.