Fixed Internally The Handmaiden

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Crokker, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Crokker Lorekeeper

I've tried this mission four times since the patch and it seems to still be bugged. I am consistently able to get to the step/update of Defeat the fanatics! 0/10. Once the update occurs the mobs never spawn or path to the statue. Whether my character stays on the platform or not, it doesn't fail but the fanatics never spawn.

I've tried:

• Stepping onto the platform both with the skull and baton in hand and equipping them after getting on the platform and the result is the same.
    • Both with and without a mount.
    • With and without levitation.
    Not sure what else to try to get the mobs to spawn, but it should not be this hard.
  2. Torin New Member

I tried this task about 5 times yesterday as well.

Anytime I would go to stand on the statue the task would update for performing the ritual but not spawn the fanatics for the following step(this is with the skull and baton not equiped). I would go to equip the skull and baton while standing on the statue at which point nothing would happen(I assume maybe tied to the perform the ritual step already updating).

At this point I tried to fail the ritual by evacing, leaving the statue, leaving the zone, and destroying the skull and baton. None of these worked to cause a fail(likely because the ritual didn't trigger properly).

I should also note even dropping the task and re-getting doesn't seem to remove the skull which according to alla it used to. So no idea if the duplicate versions can cause additional problems, I destroyed them in following attempts.

My final successful attempt involved clearing the statue area from the small beach around it, then equiping both the baton and skull and walking to the statue. This triggered the yellow text for not moving during ritual, within a step or two of landing on the statue platform. So at that point I just FD'd and killed the fanatic adds as they spawned and was able to complete the task normally.
  3. Duder Augur

Clear the area. Equip the skull and baton, go to statue. Don't move the char with them equipped who is standing on/near the statue. Waves of monsters spawn, kill monsters. The spawns are timed.
  4. Crokker Lorekeeper

Did all that, but nothing spawns. Says to kill the 10 fanatics but 10 minutes later, still nothing.
  5. Duder Augur

10 minutes? Yowza. Did the person who equipped the stuff stand in place and not move after they got the update? Or did they leave the statue afterwards at all? Even a small step?
  6. Torin New Member

I think the biggest issue is that the actual trigger for the event to start is a bit buggy. If you don't immediately get an emote that you can't move during the ritual upon standing at the statue with the skull/baton, the task is bugged and will never spawn the adds.

The only time I got it to work yesterday it immediately gave me an emote, every other time, I got a task update and then nothing happened no matter what I did at that point.
  7. Crokker Lorekeeper

Thanks Torin,

Did you put the baton and skull on when you were in place or had them ready when you walked on the platform?

I had gotten the update both ways, when the items were equipped or not. It seems to be down to semantics but should not have to be this hard to figure out.
  8. Torin New Member

The only time it worked for me, I equipped both the baton and skull on and walked across to the platform. It immediately gave me the yellow text saying to not move or the ritual will fail.

I suspect that just stepping on the platform is attempting to trigger the ritual on the person with the skull, but if its not equipped when the trigger is attempted, it won't let you attempt to trigger it again. I'm not sure if its always had this behavior but that is how I would guess it is acting now.
  9. Crokker Lorekeeper

Thanks for all the help. I equipped the items and slowly backed onto the platform to be able to see easily once I got into position and i got there by slowly nudging into place. The rest was a joke.
    Duder likes this.
  10. Nerianie Apprentice

In my case(at last year):

1. move on pedestal(bottom part) without baton and skull.

2. many yellow message to equip baton and skull.

You cannot perform the titual without the baton and skull in each hand.
    You cannot perform the titual without the baton and skull in each hand.You cannot perform the titual without the baton and skull in each hand.
    3. equip baton and skull.
    yellow message said don't leave.

You have begin the ritual, Don't leave the pedestal or it will fail.
    Your task has been updated

In my experience, If you move, task fail anyway. DONT MOVE.

5. FD(if you can) or click FD potion to keep ritual safety just in case.

in a few second, mobs were spawn then kill them.
    no issues.

here is video when i did this mission. you can see this part around 20:20.

Prathun and GNOME_POWER like this.
  11. Newbarific New Member

Having issues with the mission as well. Even tried to purposely fail it and it wont even fail. It just not spawning the 10 fanatics. Gave it 4-5 attempts then gave up
  12. Nerianie Apprentice

Today, I verified this task.
    (I bored to play in snow zones lol)

Task has stalled at "Defeat fanatics!" .

Before patch, task has updated when i equipped baton and skull and stand on pedestal.

Today, task has updated when I reached Statue before equipped items.
    and fanatics never spawned.

I agree this is issue.

Evidence:
    task updated at 4:26, when my Barbarian fall on statue. of cource she did NOT equip them)

13. Colt4954 Journeyman

This has happened for me also on 3 attempts, nothing would get it to work.

Can we get some word that this issue is known and will be addressed?
  14. Prathun Developer

Verified. We'll figure out what's causing this. Thanks!
    Eaiana, I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Yinla like this.
  15. Prathun Developer

We believe this is fixed internally.
    Eaiana, Nerianie and kizant like this.