Not A Bug Oil of a Frog

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Dyna, Apr 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyna Elder

Aqua Glaze
    This is used to make Aqua Glaze but it does not show tradeskill is this a bug?
    I think people would put it up for sell if it was marked as it should be?
    Baldur likes this.
  2. Prathun Developer

We'll take a look. Thanks!
    Dyna likes this.
  3. Shaantara Made of Moonlight

4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

This is really a quest item. There is no "Skill" for it to tradeskill.
  5. Imukai Augur

Hate to disagree with the tradeskill ogre, but it makes glaze which makes the ceramic water sprinkler of marr -- it is as much of a tradeskill item as solidified magma or any of the other PoP era ceramic glaze components.
    lockjaws and Dyna like this.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

You are welcome to disagree.
    Aanuvane and Xanadas like this.
  7. Dyna Elder

lockjaws and Axxius like this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

But they're combined in a non-tradeskill container...hence, the items aren't required to be tagged as "tradeskill".

I vote Ngreth just put the tradeskill tag on it so we can stop having this stupid debate.
    lockjaws likes this.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

You're being inconsistent no matter how you look at it.

Either take the tag off Emerald mephit scales or add it to oil of a frog, both are only used in this same recipe, so either they are both ts items or they both aren't.

It was left off, we get it. Don't really care and if you don't care to fix it no big deal, but, seriously, no reason to try to justify an inconsistency for no real reason.
    lockjaws and Dyna like this.
  10. Dyna Elder

A little harsh, I was just asking! I spent quite sometime trying to find a tradeskill Oil from the frogs not realizing this was what I needed.
    The fished glaze IS tradeskill and used in tradeskills. So this items on-tradeskill is not the norm.

Creates

[IMG] 1 x Unfired Water Sprinkler of Marr
    Ingredients

[IMG] 1 x Aqua Diamond of Water - Summoned
    [IMG] 1 x Aqua Glaze - Crafted
    [IMG] 1 x Block of Tanaan Clay - Bought
    [IMG] 1 x Sculpting Tools - Bought
    lockjaws likes this.
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

I wasn't trying to be harsh...sorry if it came off that way. :)

I'm just saying that this is like the 4th or 5th thread on this very subject I can remember over the last few years. And everytime, the players throw out the same arugment, then Ngreth comes back with the same reason why it's not a tradeskill item. You could literally cut and paste responses from different threads and they would be identical.

I'm just saying that the problem is easily solved by adding the tradeskill tag to it and everyone moves on. It's just a common sense change. Based on it's lack of tradeskill tag, I agree with Ngreth, but I'm not saying it's right. That common sense thing again. :D

Everyone knows it's a tradeskill item...it just doesn't use a tradeskill container. Common sense tells us that it's a tradeskill item because it's only used in a single recipe and creates a tradeskill item. Putting the tag on it won't make any difference other than allowing it to be dropped into a tradeskill satchel instead of a regular bag.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

If you really want this to be a tradeskill item, I can make it use a tradeskill container, thus a skill. Mortar and pestle is the closest thing. That would make it a poison combine.

But that's just me being perverse.

to be "Consistent" I found all the combines that use the Glaze Mortar. If they are NOT used in normal tradeskill combines (like water!, but there were other things) I removed the tradeskill tag.

I think this was as serious waste of my time that could have been used on other more important tasks that more players would have enjoyed... but, since the topic seems so vital to some people, I decided to be consistent.
    Sokki, Dythan and Funky like this.
  13. Jenarie Elder

oh no, I think you went consistent the wrong direction.

People who know what this stuff is will still know but now some of the rare items will end up being vendored because people assume if it isn't tagged either quest or tradeskill it isn't important. :(
    Yinla, Kurage_of_Luclin and modsiw like this.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

You mean like the time and resources spent on re-tagging every collectible in game to make them attuneable, solely for the purpose of nerfing Overseer, thereby making it less enjoyable/useful for players?

Gotcha. ;)
    Kurage_of_Luclin and yepmetoo like this.
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Hah, that was good, I have to say.

Ignoring it would have been fine. Claiming it was all logical and consistent when it wasn't was just sad.

At least its consistent now!
    Dyna likes this.
  16. Dyna Elder

i am very sorry my question wasted your time and now cause others more trouble than I had figuring out I had the right ingredient already even though it was not labeled.
    Honestly I will try not to ever ask another question on here and cause such problems.
  17. Roartyger Smoot Elder

It should be pottery not poison making. I'm fine with the glaze mortar and the oil of a frog not having the trade skill tag. It's only 2 items. Making the oil of a frog a trade skill item seems like more of a push to make it stack and if you are saving that many you are saving to many.
  18. Baldur Augur

It should be pottery, that way they all show with a TS tag and you can actually bring up these recipes in a container recipe list and use auto-combine.

Having to manually combine these is not fun.
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Dyna like this.
  19. Diani Augur

I am sorry that I give feedback and my player experiences on these forums. I am sorry if that wastes time or makes people throw a tantrum.
    I do apologise for asking genuine questions and being puzzled by the answers.
    In the event that you stumble upon another post of mine, please skip it to avoid wasting more time.
    lockjaws likes this.
  20. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

Make all glazes vendor bought so we don't have any issues ?
    Yinla likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.