ToFS Raid 1 Difficulty / Mechanics concerns

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazame, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Maedhros High King

You do not have to agro the non-restless mobs, and they will depop on their own.
    If you accidentally engage one, which happens, you have to just off tank it til it depops.
    Stop getting so worried about the number of mobs. Kill all the restless mobs that youre presented with and hammer through it.
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I do realize you don't have to agro them, but the depop timers seem to be arbitrarily random. We left one alive and untouched for 5 minutes before it depopped. We simply got lucky that nothing else spawned in that room that we needed to kill. It's not a good, fun, or engaging mechanic, regardless. It would be more interesting if you had to do some combination of damage/spell types to make them disappear.

And I'm not worried about the numbers. It just seems odd to have a system (event messages) and use it so gratuitously in some situations and then not use it at all in others. It's just inconsistent.

And regarding my previous comment about player-testing, my mistake. I made an assumption that at least the later raids had not been available during beta, but I was wrong. Can't edit the post at this point, sadly.
  3. Maedhros High King

I think you are right about the non-restless. I would rather see some kind of bane damage that kills them similar to mephits in mearatas but that is what we've gotta overcome on this raid.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This!

I dislike raids which are down to luck, wasting time waiting for mobs to spawn, lack of shades, wasting melee DPS because we need to keep the numbers up in the centre.

I'm sure ToFS knows when we have moved casters in and melee out to cure chill!
    Daedly likes this.
  5. Windance Augur

This is a perfect example of top end guilds DPS making events trivial.
    Want a challenge? Try these events with 1/3 the DPS so you actually have to work the mechanics.
  6. Jennre Band Leader

We work the mechanics. We also work our abilities, follow emotes, etc. Most importantly, we follow the raid leader. Things go south quick when players go rogue and start doing their own thing.

Some of us actually took some time to go practice moving around on the ice in the static zone, just like practicing getting to hallways in Mearatas. Its all about following the mechanics, and working together efficiently to get these raids done.
    Bigstomp and enclee like this.
  7. Bikmer Journeyman

Still broken... too much time is spent standing around waiting for the right mobs to even spawn. And most guilds I have chatted with beat it yes but always get this to enraged before they beat it which to me is saying still broken... Then the non-restless yes you can stun lock them or off tank them. However you have to be very careful with damage because they still die very easily to riposte damage.

Now we can say well gee your guild needs to get better... umm okay but this is a game and if you intent is lockout a majority of the EQ guilds for content, then I guess you achieved your goal. I would prefer to think they want the majority of guilds to enjoy this and beat it vs get all frustrated with it and hate the game. After all it is a game. And not everyone can be the uber elite...

I actually preferred the raid before any changes...
    Raccoo, enclee and Yinla like this.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

Its a rather simply logic.

Is ToFS raid one beatable or not ?

Yes there are multiple guilds that currently in its current form beat it ..

Ergo .. the problem does not effect guilds who have built themselves up, to perhaps withstand "some" forms of difficulty more so then other guilds.

What is the logical conclusion ? Recruit .. more / better .. players ..
    Duder likes this.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

Until at a point, that the dev's deem this to be important enough of an issue to actually fix once an for all the raid in question.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

But it took us 13 minutes to beat it. I don't think that is any different than before. Just seemed a little faster spawns. So calling it broken is a real stretch.

Not saying that making it harder out of the blue makes any sense either, but the sky isn't falling here either.
    Jennre and Pano like this.
  11. Maedhros High King

Looks like it took us 15 minutes. Totally doable. I think we spent very little time standing around. There is nearly always something up to kill.
    [Sun Apr 26 20:13:28 2020] Heart of Frozen Shadow awakens. Its pulsing heartbeat increases in volume and frequency.

[Sun Apr 26 20:28:30 2020] The Heart of Frozen Shadow shatters into inky fragments! As the rhythmic pulsing ceases, an uneasy silence falls over the first floor of the tower.
  12. Karhar Dream Crusher

We spent quite a bit of time with nothing but non restless mobs up, can't kill those..
  13. Metanis Bad Company

From reading these wildly different results it's almost like there is an element most guilds are missing.
  14. strongbus Augur

this right here. Its all bout the rng when it come to what spawn restless or non restless. you get a good run on restless mobs and you can fly threw it. you get to many non restless mobs and your just sitting round doing nothing.
  15. Axxius Augur

Our experience last night: after reading the other comments, we expected the specters to be very rare, and hordes of room spawns. It was nothing like that. We had plenty of specters, much more than needed for the 60% limit (15). Room spawns were dying faster than they spawned. At some times there were no restless up, only the non-restless and specters that no longer counted. As a result, the last restless to go from 12% to 10% spawned just seconds before the enrage.

Looks like it's all about RNG now.
    Mediik, Whulfgar and Yinla like this.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

My guess is this is precisely what the devs were going for. [Unpredictable = psuedo-difficult]?
  17. Wulfhere Augur

Maybe you have to kill a non-restless, and suffer that setback, in order to spawn a restless in its place (sooner) to stay ahead of the enrage timer?
  18. Metanis Bad Company

Maybe there is a mechanism to cause the non-restless to despawn immediately?
  19. Triconix Augur

I'm definitely the minority at this point, but I'm perfectly fine with how the event is now.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  20. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Such useful comments. :rolleyes: