Botting / warping groups making it difficult to complete Hunter

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ashigaru, Mar 19, 2020.

1. code-zero Augur

Killing a rare isn't an offense no matter who engaged first. I know from reading the forums that he's had accounts suspended and possibly banned when caught /afk playing. He simply has a lot of accounts on clean email addresses with characters leveled up for replacement whenever he loses some.
  2. dreadlord Augur

Stealing someone's named is, indeed no longer an offence (it should be! am sure players didn't ask for that rule change)
    But harrassment is
    Continually camping on top of someone must be harrassment?
    Continually taking the pops you've spawned?

It's like if I shout a nasty name at you in the street - no criminal offence has happened. If I walk behind you shouting the name for hours - that's a crime (well, it is in the UK)
  3. Elemental Augur

Come to Zek, we have our own way of dealing with boters :)
    dreadlord likes this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You have Botters on Zek? like, ever?
  5. Ashigaru Augur

Or give us the ability to create locked picks - eg only your group can zone in

Or have the mission instance spawn with full base pop, and have mobs respawn in the same way as the static zone, with the same chance of named
  6. dreadlord Augur

Yes, locked pick zones - aka instances - that would sort it out.
  7. code-zero Augur

Funny thing about Zek, automated play is in part what is responsible for the low population. Humans can't keep up with what an automated crew will do to them.

So for all the talk about "dealing with bots" pvp players really can't deal with bots
    enclee likes this.
  8. NeverPayForLag Augur

Bad thing is the changes in the picks. Like predicted the botters have no problems with getting pushed to the succor point. But if you want to reach a certain spot without interfering in another group or try to circumvent the bot-group then you get kicked back to succor - the botter simply warps to the place and changes picks/occupies them like he needs it. So the changes are all to the disadvantage for all normal players or boxers.

Pick should be stable and independent, so at least when a botter is present that it is possible to choose another location without getting harrassed.

DGB please change it back and remove the problem that if you get a kick from the server from a crash that we don't have to wait 5 min until we can play again together.
  9. enclee Augur

10. Herf Augur

Sorry, if you want DPG to enforce the rules, you'll have to be on the new TLP servers. Only then will you get the rules enforced. At least that's what they say now.
  11. Nadisia Augur

Not that sure.
    From what I know (an IRL friend who's playing on Mangler), some people have already found ways to bypass the rules of the truebox servers and box on a single computer.
    And some are probably using M.Q too.

So ... :p

And what to say about these rules (picked from the Mangler FAQ page but applicable on ANY server):

Is this the Daybreak/Darkpaw version of Blizzard's April Fools joke?
    Because the «actions being taken» ... *crickets* still waiting (insert some infinite loader spinning wheel) :D
    Herf likes this.
  12. dreadlord Augur

Our teams of AB botters have discovered campfires!
    This is new
    And doubtless designed to try and kid 'someone' they aren't warping
    There's a whole new (well, I've not seen them before and they're approx lvl 113) team of them in GD today - as various folk predicted; they are continuing to grow
    Thancra likes this.
  13. CelticFrosty New Member

Not every box group is a bot group.
  14. Nenamile New Member

No from what I saw yesterday in FM on AB one was either 2 bot groups or a bot raid. More than six and with names that represented some delightful offers for body parts for sale that should have been caught when the names were submitted.
  15. Ecko Elder

Damn, I was thinking about starting over on AB since the TLP announcements are lackluster, but this makes it sound like I don't want to bother.

I remember the guy in Wall of Slaughter that was farming nameds for RMT purposes back in the day on AB who would roll up on your camp and try to take it from you, but it was easy to just outplay him as he wasn't very good.
  16. dreadlord Augur

The newest (afaik) bot group has been at the current camp for (to my knowledge) 28 hours (maybe longer). This is a 'levelling up' grp, not a KS grp - yet (there's also one of those in the zone).
    Now people have often commented how long I'll happily stay at one camp - but 28 hours?
    And this is not automated game play?
    My morning began with yet another person posting on the guild website that they were leaving - no point in staying when they can't progress because they are blocked by this individual
    Someone needs to please Save Our Server
  17. Coagagin Guild house cat

Quite the read. I have a suggestion or two.

• Liberalize the pick zone experience to "on demand". Down to instancing a couple of groups, maybe one if that's what it takes. Let the botters control their own instance. This isn't 1999 we know how to run virtualized instances quite well here in the real world. Norrath seems to still playing with swords and boards but what can I say?
    • Give GMs the ability to temporarily allow PvP in non-instanced zones under the /petition process. Announce to the zone a complaint has been meet and a challenge has been announced. Everyone into the PvP pool or find a new instance.
    Botters want mob rules? Heres the new rules.
    - Coagagin
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

While I sympathise with the blight of 3rd party software augmented teams of characters monopolising content you are not going to get anything but a slap on the wrist for breaking the forum rules by naming the players you suspect of cheating.

Sending the evidence in a petition was the right move & I do understand how downright frustrating it is to be blocked by such selfish people perma-camping an area that you need to progress through.

DPG do need to do....something about this type of behaviour, I have said it multiple times in various threads but I feel like the only real solution to this behaviour that helps the players stop being blockaded from content is some targeted AoC for the worst affected zones to circumvent the bottlenecks these selfish players create.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  19. Ksenija Elder

Where everyone else hacks as well but denies it like a politician.
  20. Ksenija Elder

As far as cheaters go...I have reported with video constantly.

Nothing has been done. The same cheaters I reported weeks ago are still in game, even though I have provided video evidence.

Safe to say Woebot is just collecting a paycheck now. There is absolutly no enforcement in this game which make those rumors of a secret agreement between M---q---2 developers and Daybreak / SOE / Whatever this week.... more truthful.

All I know is I cancelled all my subs and only peek in to see If and When enforcement is being done.

It simply is not.

Play at your own peril. But I definitely suggest AGAINST subscribing to this hot mess any longer.

Hacking has won in this game. Just like other MMO's out there like Black Desert.

GM's just have given up on enforcing and banning.