Tour the Fear House!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tsolaes, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Tsolaes Elder

I finally got to finishing Part 4 of the "Is Housing Dead?" series! This includes a tour of the Fear House quest and my final commentary on Housing. I am aware, that in the scope of things these days, complaining about Housing matters even less. But you are probably stuck inside and bored, so this can help pass the time!

If you didn't catch the first few parts of this series, check out the original thread:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/is-housing-dead-a-video-commentary.260618/

As before, my video and sound editing skills are sub par, sorry about that! Enjoy!
  2. Maedhros High King

Thats pretty fantastic!
    I cannot even fathom how much time you put into that. Very awesome!
    Those augmentation sealers looked amazing.
    I even saw a cameo of one of my houses at the end. Thanks!
    I hate that the player studio and housing in general have been abandoned.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Always a player made gem. So much amazing.

/bow Best of wishes, and safe journeys to you and yours.
    IceSy likes this.
  4. Forcallen Augur

Cool video. I made the black tower you show at 16:46. Hasn't been much to do in a long time as you said outside having to redo stuff when the alter items or rules for ornaments.
    IceSy and MasterMagnus like this.
  5. Phancy Elder

I see bits of Phancy's houses there too. I miss having new stuff to look forward to. I always got stuck in
    Tsolaes stuff but it was fun.
    Kialya, MasterMagnus and IceSy like this.
  6. IceSy Augur

Awesome video! I remember that crazy sewer house,.. I do believe I got lost and stuck at least a dozen times in it! LOL
    *hugs*
    ~IceSy~
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  7. Tsolaes Elder

I'm glad so many of your creations showed up in my montage! I had so many more Housing pictures but just couldn't include them all without it running on forever. Sorry everyone got stuck in my mazes, haha! I'm honored that you visited them in person. I spent so much time playtesting the routes, No Lev and a Shrink or two helps a lot.
  8. Vlad Diszno Augur

Loved the video as well as the guided tour you gave me so years ago!
    For years I had anticipated your next creation after that tour. At least you haven't completely ruled out actualizing it someday. Hope still remains!
    To think that the images at the end of the video are just the tip of the iceberg of player creations of which so many have been lost over time. Tis good that you made the videos so your work is preserved.
    That montage reminded me how great it was to be a part of the decorating community in its heyday, when even the game showed some support for it.
    If they ever fix the item ornament issue, I wouldn't mind preserving my works is some way, before something else goes awry. For now, ornamented items in my houses look like the original weapons, ruining some of the elements.

Btw, I wouldn't mind watching a long video of those housing images you have! All those archived posts that had pics have been thrown out the window
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  9. Khyrra Elder

Amazing I really enjoyed the video of the Fear House and also the images of other homes and designs. I even spotted one of mine (17.58 underwater in the pirate ship).

Thank you so much brought back many happy memories.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  10. Tsolaes Elder

Glad you enjoyed it Khyrra! Its so nice to see people who made those houses are still around here. Vlad I hope you caught some of your builds in there as well?

I'm glad people can see the Fear House in action, it can be a pain to schedule a time to meet and go through all the quest steps. I would love to see other videos of people's creations! Vlad what is the ornament issue? I haven't actually build anything for a few years so haven't dealt with that.

Maybe soon I'll make a little extra extended montage that shows off all those houses better. I've got plenty of pics I had to cut out, and I was using Windows Movie Maker to make my videos, but I've moved on to a much better editor.
  11. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...sed-marketplace-ornaments-not-showing.262801/

Interesting. Your 'save-mation' technique might be something to try if people are bugged with this.

Make a save of your 'bugged' state. And see if loading that save will restore the ornamented items to the correct appearance.
    hmmmm... I'm unable to try it. But if anyone wants to try.
  12. Tsolaes Elder

That's too bad about that ornament bug. Ornaments made the best placeable items when I was still building! Certain textures and particle effects only came from stuff I used to get in LoN, I dunno if you can even get those anymore. Specifically the neat blue hammer that Brell uses in the Fear House.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  13. Tsolaes Elder

Still hungry for some scary good fun? Check out the Fear House in the Video posted above! Or stop by Spruce Bridge Hollows on FV and experience the Fear yourself!!
    MasterMagnus and Vlad Diszno like this.