TOV Raid drop Luck augs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kurage_of_Luclin, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

TOV luck AUGS seem 2-3 times more rare than the diamondized precious ore. Is that correct, since we need 10 of them ?
  2. Metanis Bad Company

I didn't know there was such a thing. After doing complete ToV Hunter and each mission about 30 times each I've never seen one drop.
  3. svann Augur

They drop from the trash in raid zones.
  4. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

They don't drop very often , I participated in clearing raid trash in TOFS multiple times, GD multiple times, EW multiple times, and saw many diamondized precious ore drop and maybe one or 2 frozen fate drop. Most people only need about 5 of the diamondized precious ore for augs , but still need 10 of the frozen fate. I think they should have their rate for drop increased to make efficient use of our time, please.
    Thanks
  5. Duder Augur

The drop rate of these is super low, so low that I don't even bother trying to chase them.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  6. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

As usual with the RNG, experiences may differ.

I've gotten over 30 luck augs, but only 14 ores in various raid instances. Last night, ToFS 2nd and 3rd floor clears brought 2 ores and 5 luck augs.

Everyone knows the only way to get something in Everquest is not to want it. The RNG sees and knows all.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Duder like this.
  7. Elkar Headhunter Elder

I have been clearing tofs and GD pretty regularly. Mostly I see 0 luck aug drops on complete clears but always see a few ores. I have had two runs in tofs where three dropped. Ores will be rotting before luck augs are complete from my experience.
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Duder like this.
  8. svann Augur

Best way is get a single group that is strong enough to kill raid trash. Still need several clears but way more efficient than convincing your raid team to clear the zone after/before raid. I think we had most luck from GD, but that was before T3 opened so idk about those 2.
  9. p2aa Augur

It's not correct, you are just unlucky on the drop rate.
    If I add all the raids I cleared, I came with a 50 / 50 chance on ore / luck aug drop.
    Some days a bit more luck aug than ore aug, and other days a bit more ore aug than luck aug.
  10. ShadowMan Augur

No way it’s 50/50 so stop exaggerating in the other direction. Which instance matters because mob density varies greatly but you can get 0-2 of either or have 9 of either drop. Just have to keep grinding.
  11. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

There is no way that a 50/50 drop rate can be true. I have been clearing raid trash with raid and group since the first events were won. I thought to go through all my logs and show each time they dropped, just to prove my point. With as many clears that I have done, the numbers would be way more close to 70/30, if a 50/50 drop ratio was true and RNG and bad luck playing a factor in every single clear. The ratio is closer to less than 90/10.

You saying "50/50" seems made up just to troll an argument, based on my calculations.
  12. Marton Augur

It's absolutely not 50/50.
  13. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

14. ArtremasEQ Augur

Have cleared raid zones 15 times, gotten at least 1 luck and 1 ore on every clear, sometimes more.
    GD, EW, TOFS. - Single group
  15. svann Augur

What do you mean by 50/50? Is that a 50% chance on a full clear? Seems like an odd way to put it considering each zone has more or less mobs. Usually drop rates are measured per mob not per zone, and Id guess its something like 2-3%.
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

No, of the total raid drops he is saying its a 50/50 distribution between luck augs and precious ore.

In my experience ore is 3x as common as luck.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  17. p2aa Augur

I'm going to repeat it. It's indeed roughly 50 / 50 distribution between luck augs and precious ore for me overall. Not "exactly 50/50", I didn't keep an exact count, but most of the time i was having the same number of ores and luck augs dropping in clearing raids, and this was with not clearing all raids even, skipping some parts of the raid zones. Or I was getting 1-2 more luck aug some day, and next day I was getting 1-2 more ore aug. You get the idea.
    So if you had much more ores than luck augs, you were just unlucky. Calling me a liar is counterproductive. So the player that said he got more luck augs than ore augs is lieing too ?
  18. Triconix Augur

Luck aug drop rate should be increased imo. Needing 10 per person already makes it quite an effort to max it out. Doing it with the same 6 people means you'll need 60 of them to finish. Only see 1-3 max per instance right now.
  19. Cury Elder

From this weekends zone trash clears:

One Luck dropped in ToFS, zero from EW, and zero from GD.
    Three augs from ToFS, zero from EW, and 6 from GD.
  20. Dhurgan Augur

After the events in the zone are done we always clear all of the trash before leaving, other guilds don't do this?