Fixed Internally Beyond the Barrier

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Oakleif, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Oakleif New Member

I'm posting here in hope of getting a response. This what I have done so far. (copy and pasted with my problem and GM response)

OK I know I sent in a petition before and got told more or less tough luck. I tried the forums and came up with nothing. This is my 3rd try at the quest. My other petition was to do with my 1st attempt. So I dropped the quest totally and started from scratch 2x now. Stuck same position now both times. (Deleted Charm since it was lore before attempts) I created the 4 crystals and go and Hail Laiyken. The step is updated to the explore Crystallos however I am not actually receiving the quest to do and not receiving the container to combine the 4 crystals to make the charm. I got pass this step before in my 1st attempt, so may be "flagged" as such however seems I can't precede from here to receive my full flag for Crystallos raid. Please and help or useful advice you could give me from here. I have tried quite a few things and stuck at this point in the quest and getting very frustrated.

GMs response

I wanted to get back to you regarding your troubles with what may very well be a bugged or malfunctioning mechanic within EverQuest. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you today. Please be sure to use the in-game /bug command so that our team can pinpoint the issue and initiate an internal fix for this. During this time, CS is unable to manually adjust your issue for immediate correction, as this will need to be done through dev first. Once it is fixed and you still require assistance, you can let us know.

EverQuest Official Forums provide patch update notes, under the Game Update Notes (Live) section. As the timeline of bug fixing can vary, we are unable to provide any ETA's for reported bugs and encourage players to check back in the future using our boards. We highly appreciate your understanding and If you have any future questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

I did follow through with their suggestion and did a /bug in game but posting here hoping for a more direct response. if you guys have run across this before what was the work around? If not could you fix my flags so I can continue on with this quest?(if that is the problem)
    binamur and Arcos like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

3. Arcos Lorekeeper

4. Arcos Lorekeeper

5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes that is what my link shows - guess I should have posted the actual info instead of the link lol
  6. Oakleif New Member

I recover my charm with a token of recovery and zoned into Crystallos to see if the Explore Crystallos subquest was flagged as completed. No such luck. In the above post I see no other suggestion of resolution to this problem. So it seems this quest is still broken under these circumstances. No work around has been found. As I suggested in my original post I believe this is a flagging issue and needs to be resolved with someone with the proper access. BTW forgot I'm on Ragefire.
  7. Prathun Developer

Tested this out on Live..
    When I was on the step to 'Locate Laiyken', I found him in Dragonscale Hills.
    Hailing him updated my task and opened up the next element to 'Explore Crystallos'.
    However, I had to hail him a second time in order to receive the Master Crystal Base and get the task Exploring Crystallos.
    If that doesn't work, looking at the script, what could prevent getting to that point is if you already have the bit indicating you have the key to Crystallos and you've already completed Beyond the Barrier. You can check to see if you have the bit/key by doing /key. It'll show up as 'SoF - Key - Crystallos Base'.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Oakleif New Member

Already did this I have both MMM keys and Crystallos for zone access however not raid access which I am trying to achieve. Yea hailed him like a dozen times in a row. I got up to the point in the quest where I looted the Oil Stained Crystal (1st attempt) and then the quest went poof. I tried to hail Laiyken afterwards to no avail. So I suspect a is preventing me from redoing the quest. To test properly get to the point I did drop the quest and see if you redo/finish it. BTW I realized forum name and toon name this happening on are different. On Ragefire this happening to my character Mortticia. I have completed this task on other toons fine.
  9. binamur Apprentice

I too already have the key for crystallos, getting the flag for the rqid zone is not happening because it wont give me the seperate task "explore crystallos". This is happening on my alt, lildrummerboy, on ragefire also.
  10. Prathun Developer

Not sure entirely what's wrong or why you can't proceed.
    For troubleshooting purposes, can you let me know what Laiyken is saying when you hail him?

Here's the logic for the hail script on Laiyken:

HasKey = Character has SoF - Key - Crystallos Base bit
    ECDone = Character has Explore Crystallos task completed
    BtBDone = Character has Beyond the Barrier task completed
    BtBStep = Character's current step of the Beyond the Barrier task
    HasOSC = Character has item Oil Stained Crystal
    HasPCC = Character has item Prismatic Crystal Charm
    HasCrys = Character has items Clear Crystal and Cloudy Crystal and Glowing Crystal and Light Blue Crystal

if (HasKey and BtBDone)
    {
    Laiyken says:
    Interesting. It seems as though this is not actually a crystal at all. It is a scale from Kerafyrm. He truly has grown to be very powerful. With this scale I should be able to channel my magic through it to protect you without the need of the previous charm anymore. You will also be able to see the lair of Kerafyrm. If you are [ready] to venture into Kerafrym's Lair, please let me know.
    }
    else
    {
    if (HasOSC and BtBStep > 12)
    {
    Update BtB step 13
    Delete Oil Stained Crystal
    Laiyken says:
    You have proven to be stronger than I originally had thought.
    Interesting. It seems as though this is not actually a crystal at all. It is a scale from Kerafyrm. He truly has grown to be very powerful. With this scale I should be able to channel my magic through it to protect you without the need of the previous charm anymore. You will also be able to see the lair of Kerafyrm. If you are [ready] to venture into Kerafrym's Lair, please let me know.
    }
    else
    {
    if (HasPCC and BtBStep == 11)
    {
    Update BtB step 11
    Laiyken says:
    Hmm, it would seem as though he is elsewhere. By now, you must know that the four individuals you have spoken to were the warders bound to Kerafyrm. I wonder if he has found the power to phase himself from our sight. The only other way I fear we may be able to locate him is by finding a crystal shard that he lost when he first arrived. Bring this shard back to me and I should be able to fashion you a more powerful charm to locate him.
    }
    else
    {
    if (not ECDone and BtBStep == 10)
    {
    Laiyken says:
    I see you have spoken to all of the others and now have the crystals. Place them within this container and you should have what you seek. Remember however, that as long as you are within the barrier you will need to keep the Prismatic Crystal with you. The only thing I ask of you in return is that you return to me once you have ventured past the prismatic barrier and have explored the area thoroughly.
    Character is given task Explore Crystallos
    Character is given item Master Crystal Base
    Character is given SoF - Key - Crystallos Base bit, if they didn't already have it
    }
    else
    {
    if (HasCrys and BtBStep == 9)
    {
    Update BtB step 9
    Laiyken says:
    I see you have spoken to all of the others and now have the crystals. Place them within this container and you should have what you seek. Remember however, that as long as you are within the barrier you will need to keep the Prismatic Crystal with you. The only thing I ask of you in return is that you return to me once you have ventured past the prismatic barrier and have explored the area thoroughly.
    Character is given task Explore Crystallos
    Character is given item Master Crystal Base
    Character is given SoF - Key - Crystallos Base bit
    }
    else
    {
    Laiyken says:
    I am sorry, but I am currently seeking out someone. I have no time to make idle conversation.
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }
  11. Oakleif New Member

Last one … Else.. I am sorry, but I am currently seeking out someone. I have no time for idle conversation. I now have my Prismatic Charm Crystal(recovered using token of recovery)and Oil Stained Crystal on me. This is what he has been saying all along unless I drop the quest and start over. Now I get to the point of Explore Crystallos and can not proceed from there. No Explore task, no container, no nothing. Please note I deleted the charm on 2nd attempt hoping that was blocking me and did 3rd with no charm stuck at same place. my 1st attempt went well till I looted the Oil Stained Crystal. Task went poof at that point. I might have clicked the task to see what was next when it went poof. So I should be at hail Laiyken to finish the task. I have not be able to repeat the quest to finish yet.
  12. Prathun Developer

Have you completed the Explore Crystallos task at some point already?
    It sounds you're on step 10, but it's bypassing the section if (not ECDone and BtBStep == 10).
    If you've somehow completed Explore Crystallos but not completed Beyond the Barrier, I can see how you could get stuck here.

I think there are a few places I could improve this task logic, so will make a ticket to track the issue.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Yinla and Skuz like this.
  13. Oakleif New Member

Exactly completed all but the final hail. Thank you.
  14. daBlubb Elder

Oh, this is the oldest quest i still have open and iam also stuck. I had everything but the final hail and the task didnt update.Then i did the mistake and removed the task to restart. This isnt possible cause we dont get the explore crystallos quest a second time. Also the riddle to open the door will not appear a second time cause we are already flagged to have it.
    Petition didnt help, so i gave up.

I hope Prathun will find a solution 8)
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Prathun Developer

This should be fixed internally. It will go out with the next full update.
    Thanks for letting us know!