ToFS Raid 1 Difficulty / Mechanics concerns

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazame, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Whulfgar Augur

Exactly.. the reason every one congradulated honestly congradulated Any guild who beat Maeratas ..

And every guild is hating on every other guild who beats ToV ..

Difficulty breeds actual Respect for other guilds when the actually beat it ..

Less difficulty content breeds contempt .. This is 100% factually provable via ToV / TBL expansion's being beaten..
  2. enclee Augur

Which people are disrespecting guilds for beating ToV? All I’ve seen is congratulations and the usual MS stuff.
    Yinla and Sancus like this.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

Well people being salty .. as was brought up by how many people in the other thread ?
  4. Odiiusx Elder

The usual MS stuff? All I have seen is grats from all of us to all of you all minus 1.
    Jennre likes this.
  5. Mithra Augur

The 1 being your guild leader?
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I am thrilled anytime people beat stuff in game, it makes them happy, happy people keep playing, more people playing, means its up longer, means I get to play longer..
  7. Drakang Augur

Anybody else try this last night after the hotfix? Heard from somebody in one guild that did and the number of non restless mobs was way up.
    Metanis likes this.
  8. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

We beat it last night post hot fix. Was one of our uglier/longer wins in recent memory due to the fact we had almost no shades spawn so there’s that. It felt like spawns did in fact come more quickly and there were more skeletons.
    Metanis and Whulfgar like this.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

Just beat it on Rathe, and yes it was ooooogly ...
  10. Windance Augur

Dogs and Bones are now 2% damage. Dogs died noticeably faster but event is now even more of a DPS check because we have to move from room to room more, which mean we're wasting even more time sliding around on the ice.

Last month we beat it +/- 2 min till enrange. Tonight we were at 50% when enrage time hit.

This event really just makes me want to skip ToFS completely as it is in no way a fun event. I would love to know how the devs play test these events.
  11. Caio_Xegony Lorekeeper

50% at enrage? ugh that's rough. In my opinion ToFS is fun minus the first event. but it's a necessary evil. Hope your guild can pull together and get that win! 60 coin and 3 nuggets await!
  12. Slamg New Member

You guys won tonight? It's still doable after enrage timer after hotfix please?
    Whulfgar likes this.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

Yes its 100% winnable even after it goes enrage.
  14. Axxius Augur

Dogs and skellies have always been 2%. Not sure what you mean by having to move from room to room more than before - you always had to move to kill the spawns. Perhaps you are suffering from the lack of ghosts mentioned by Adetia? Ghosts are 4% and if they spawn too rarely then it can indeed slow down the progress.
  15. The real Sandaormo Augur

We beat it about 4 mins after Enrage timer. We had very few shades that popped so I think it just took longer than normal.
    Yinla and Whulfgar like this.
  16. strongbus Augur

Before the last couple of patch the dogs gave 4% as well as the ghost. its only been the last 2 patch that the dogs been giving 2%
  17. Windance Augur

Each time you have to move from room to room DPS stalls for 10s-20s.

Before the April patches the bones were X HP and counted for 2%, while dogs where 2X HP and counted for 4%.

To make the math simple assume it takes on average 20s to move to a room and 20s to kill the skellies and 40s to kill a dog. Assuming you kill 2 bones + 2 dogs and had to move between each.

Move (20) -> Bone (20) -> Move (20) -> Dog (40) -> Move (20) -> Bone (20) -> Move (20) -> Dog (40)

This would be 2% + 4% + 2% + 4% = 12% damage in 200s

To get the same 12% damage we have to move and kill 4 more mobs

Move (20) -> Bone (20) -> Move (20) -> Dog (20) -> Move (20) -> Bone (20) -> Move (20) -> Dog (20) -> Move (20) -> Bone (20) -> Move (20) -> Dog (20)

This would be 2% + 2% + 2% + 2% + 2% + 2% = 12% damage in 240s

Net effect is the melee end up traveling from room to room more often, cutting applied DPS
  18. Belkar_OotS Augur

This event is still overtuned in my opinion (and it should not be the event in T2 being looked at if they were going to retune anything. T2.3 where she essentially does nothing significant from 45 till dead is what should have been looked at for changes if anything were to happen).

The non-restless mobs hit too hard and stay up too long. They spawn in too large of a portion of the total spawns. There should be roughly the same amount of dps required in the center room as is required in the halls since half the dps is required to be in the middle (depending on strat). The boss hp reduction from killing restless shades should account for about half the total damage required to bring down the boss.

The current version essentially doubles the tanking/healing requirements in an already spread out event taking away many group and ae heal options since the non-restless are non-trivial part of the encounter.

I have more I would say or suggest but the event still has significant issues in my opinion.
    Yinla, fortuneteller and Metanis like this.
  19. Metanis Bad Company

We beat this last night but it took several attempts. It's a fun raid. I think it should be left just the way it is so that a bunch more people in mid-tier guilds can destroy themselves on it. I realize that last year was a fluke getting the penultimate raid correctly placed at the end of raid progression. No, really I truly believe this will be great recruiting for the top 10 guilds. I can see the posts now! "If you want to see the last 6 raids in the expansion come raid with us!"
  20. Celephane Augur

Why 6?
    FawnTemplar likes this.