Melee DPS Mercs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Simonsays, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Vumad Cape Wearer

I run rogue mercs and I just let them tank. They die sometimes and can't tank ToV giants or TBL named but they can tank RoS, as they should.

Not sure about these claims of 300k DPS. My rogues peak at 220k on burn and are usually around 180k DPS. I am an ENC using both visages and for the most part my rage weapons with +/- visages on everything just barely sometimes lets my mage pet hold aggro momentarily.

I think however Devs working on the rogues right now is a huge distraction and poor use of time. Wizards and Warriors need much more attention.

I box a MAG / ENC so my wizards should be getting it like rogues with bards/shm but they are not. I think my wizards peak around 80k with IoG etc on burn and that is down right pitiful. My mage passed my 115 wizard merc by 110 with no AA which is pretty lame.

My warrior merc is only doing about 8-12k DPS which is absolutely ridiculous, especially considering at 115 it got 1-rounded by glassbeak in stratos.

Mercs need attention very much, rogues included, but rogues and clerics are definitely not in the most need of attention. This post about rogue aggro wouldn't be nearly the concern that it is if wizards were even a consideration, but they suck.

I am not as concerned now about tank mercs because I am boxing a mage to tank (gratz on the extra sub I guess), but I still want to see them fixed because they are necessary. As a ENC/MAG I should be using wizard mercs over rogues but I mean come on.
  2. Tappin Augur

As a 6th member of a raid group, melee mercs Are hitting north of 300k. But you need to remember, DPS scales with time. The shorter the fight, the more dps the merc is going to do (there are limits).
  3. Whulfgar Augur

Gonna check this out in the morning
  4. Bigstomp Augur

If your subtle strikes is maxed, it's really not a big deal for a tank. (of any of the 3 classes).

But unmaxed vs maxed is huge. Unmaxed on balanced is a challenge to hold aggro from but maxed on burn is no biggie.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Alt 1's merc (maxed subtlety) on BURN. Only gets aggro if the TV gets too much attention and I stop hitting buttons.
    Alt 2's merc (not many aa's) on BALANCED. It's a constant fight for aggro even if I mash all my stuff.

I don't think it's who's merc that matters, it's those aa's are huge to lower it and by default they are huge aggro.