RoF launch issues

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HealBilly, Apr 22, 2020.

1. HealBilly New Member

2. Aegir Augur

The Guild portal stone for Shard's Landing, Is based upon the Crystal Builders hand-in of shards. It took at lot of hand-ins to do that on Phinigel. Eventually, the Devs intervened, and reduced the amounts of hand-ins required. So it all depends on how many of those small shards you guys have farmed up to the release for the Guild Portal to activate.

For Getting into RoF on Launch without the Guild Portal stone - and CoB Zone updating. I found a couple of access points.

One is in Beast Domain. where you zone into Evantil, the Vile Oak and then can zone in to Shard's Landing from that zone.

Other can be done from Commonlands, which also until Guild portal is open, is the fastest way to SL. Change guild portal stone to Commanlands, then run to befallen and click the Crystal, then SL zone in portal is only a small run from there.

I'm guessing you can also do this in all the other old zones that has access points to the RoF tier1 zones.

If you wanna rush it, I recommend you basically just put one at each T1 link with old world zones and see which ones works when the barrier unlocks.
    VandilIzer likes this.
  3. HealBilly New Member

I have no intention of rushing it, was more curious if devs posted anything about fixes, since they mentioned fixing it before Selo in that thread.
  4. Aegir Augur

It has been fixied, but you still need to hand-in shards for it to work.
  5. HealBilly New Member

So it is full unlock on all tiers at launch?

Appears on Phinny a dev changed it manually for them after found the problem.
  6. Aegir Augur

Tier 1 and 2 is unlocked at Launch. 2 weeks after or so, Tier 3 and Final Tier is unlocked at the same time. You can serverwide text Dima/Satoshi for the correct dates. But it was something like that :)
  7. Catashe Augur

Am I crazy or don't you have to attune yourself to the portal you can use the portal from the zones to shards landing or is it just shards landing to the zones? I mean I guess it don't matter if you choose to start to tasks in a zone other than shards landing but...
  8. Aegir Augur

You can enter Shard's Landing from the entrance points from old zones. But for using the SL further, you have to travel to those zones and attune at the portal there, to use shards landsing as a hub for your Rain of Fear Travels.
  9. Froger Lorekeeper

Thats how you zone into the zones to attune to portals in the first place.
  10. Ramluk New Member

Well t3 and t4 are not open on launch. Guild portal stone is also not in.

As said in the post Healbilly linked, on Phinny RoF launched on Nov 6th, on Nov 18th a Dev manually unlocked t3 and t4. Are we to expect the same on Miragul?

In the afore mentioned post a Dev posted that they would look into how to handle the problem before the next TLP got to RoF, would be nice if a dev would say what was decided.

It was also mentioned, although second hand, that they would reduce the shard turn ins required to open guild portal from 9000 to 2400 for future TLP's and that they manually added portal stone to Phinny before they met said criteria. Was the threshold lowered?

Hundreds of thousands of Miragul players NEED to know!
  11. Zipe The Healer

Phinigel did all the necessary handins up to like 95% or something like that.
    Then one of the Devs checked the requeriments and LOWERED it for ALL servers, I forgot the ammounts, because think that he lowered it more for servers like Selo. Anyhow, you can find the official announcement about it if you dive into the Dev tracker.

About Phinny: The Dev opened it when phinny was at 95% of the OLD criteria, so phinny was like 200% done on the new criteria.
    I really don't like that arguments that are like: Phinny had it easy we should have it wasy too.
    Therbefore, I'll laugh at your comment, since, apparently, you can't be taken seriously.
    lol
  12. Ramluk New Member

I am not sure why you took it that way. I was simply asking what the if it had been changed for all servers after Phinny or if they just manually did it on Phinny and never bothered to "fix" it for future servers. As an example they had the same issues on Fippy if you read the quoted threads, but they acted as if they didn't know anything about the issues when Phinny got to RoF.

This was the Quote from previous thread about it.
    Which if correct Phinny had turned in about 75% of the old required amount not 95%.

And again it said he did it manually for Phinny, was just wanting to know if they had gotten around to changing it for future servers like he said they would.

Was not trying to get into some kind of pissing contest with anyone, just wanted to know what we can expect here. Again Millions upon Millions of players cannot sleep until we know the answers to these mysteries.
    VandilIzer likes this.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

It was changed for all servers. You still need to collect crystals, but 1/4 of the amount that was needed live. (Selo will need 1/12th )

T3 and T4 still have a delayed unlock, but it is much shorter. (I posted numbers in a previous post )
    VandilIzer, blackninja and Skuz like this.
  14. Ramluk New Member

Thank you kinds sir!
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Numbers as posted by Ngreth previously regards Shards landing phased unlocks of the crystal.

Also: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-shards-fall-not-in-game.260606/#post-3841470