TOV 2HB- yay or nay

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Cicelee, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Cicelee Augur

Generally I make the TS raid 2hb for my magician the prior expansions. This one the proc is ice based, as you all know. Spoke to another magician who stated quite a few resists in TOV due to cold based proc and has gone back to the prior expansion one.

Curious as to what magicians and wizards think about the ice proc and resists. Are you finding a lot of resists? Is the extra damage off set the resists? The TOV 2HB just for magelo padding?

I am personally planning on making one eventually, just wondering if you all are experiencing lots of resists as well...
  2. Skvoid Elder

Still using the fire proc staff so can't comment specifically on it, but I do notice the druid ice aura proc and the velium augs are resisted enough that I notice them flashing past in the combat log window. Whether that translates to the weapon proc I don't know but you would think so.
  3. Szilent Augur

Icerend Aura Strike is Cold-0
    Staff proc like Acolyte & Devotee Casting Ice procs are Surge of Ice, Cold-200

if you have Acolyte & Devotee augs, look at those. Staff proc will have the same resist rate.
  4. Lannin Elder

I play an enchanter , I use this staff , I don't see a lot of resists from the procs. I melee and cast with it , can load it up like wizards do with sym proc augs as well getting even more bang for your buck. In raids druids debuff cold so that helps too imo.

Short answer imo , Yay !
  5. Szilent Augur

Druid cold resist debuffing is pretty darn uncommon these days. Opaline Moonbeam(-92) and Icerend Breath(-142) each have some additional utility as AC debuffs, but the spell gems for a druid to load & cast them come at a super high premium. With Breath's cold damage debuff obsoleted now by the new form of Season's Wrath AA, it's even tougher to squeeze in.

Which is not to say cold debuffing is bad. Just druids aren't doing it much these days. In raids, the typical cold resist debuffs are shm Malo(-165), wiz Lower Element(-95), wiz Cryomancy(-50), and brd Chant of Frost(-133). During burns, brd have their Dance of Blades disc throwing out Bladewhirl proc(-140).
    RPoo and enclee like this.
  6. enclee Augur

You’re like a library of information in every class forum. Thank you.
    RPoo likes this.