Weapon Ornament Request, Round Two

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dhurgan, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Dhurgan Augur

Unfortunately that item is too new, I believe Ngreth said in the original thread that the item had to be older than the previous 2 or 3 expansions, nothing newer.

List updated.
    Vumad and Whulfgar like this.
  2. Koryu Professional Roadkill

1HP - Gaudy Rainbow Cutlass - 160365 (too new)

2HB - Archstave of Terris-Thule - 122474

2HS - Burning Steel Broadblade - 94804
    2HS - Scar - 148769
    2HS - Skycleaver - 148957
    2HS - Deadman's Battleaxe - 120164

H2H - Claw of the Di`Zok - 148764
    H2H - Skyripper - 148952
    H2H - Phlogiston Claws - 152363
    H2H - Petrified Chokidai Bone Claws - 148406

Bow - Shardheart - 133581
    Bow - Blued Steelforce Longbow - 94811
    Bow - Darkthorn, Bow of Deadly Rain - 117452
    Bow - Skybarrage - 148964
    Bow - Grace - 148776

Shield - Obexa Primia - 141584
    Shield - Guard of the Emissary - 127260
    Shield - Ancient Alaran Shield - 127262
    Shield - Shield of Scraps - 43995

There have been a lot of suggestions that don't have pics associated, even in the links provided. I can't get behind a suggestion that I can't see.
    Goburs likes this.
  3. Krookz New Member

4. Schalimar New Member

5. Treygolas Journeyman

100% Agree.
    Thundersnake likes this.
  6. Koryu Professional Roadkill

If you want Guide Event ornaments, participate in Guide Events. It's not like they're hard to do, and the big ones that award the shield ornaments are announced in advance (links to your server from the official forums main page). Heck, they even have a seasonal (4 times per year) festival thing where you can choose which shield ornament you want with tickets, and that's also announced ahead of time. The tickets are physical items and tradeable, so they carry over between festivals and you can help each other out.
    You don't need to suggest Guide Event ornaments, nor should you.
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

Never a guide event on Brekt :confused: (And still hoping beyond reason they retract their announced server merge plans).
    Treygolas likes this.
  8. Dhurgan Augur

Excellent list formatting! I added a new column with a link to the graphic. If I couldn't find the graphic on zam, a quick google image search, or if it wasn't really a character holding the weapon, I didn't include the link.

Updated List
  9. Fintank Augur

10. Treygolas Journeyman

I appreciate your opinion! I have bags of guide event ornaments, illusion/ds potions, and legendary (colorful) backpacks. I'm actually using the Griffin Sword and Holy Sword ornaments (from guide events) right now. I participate in all events if I'm logged in, but work eliminates some of the big events, so I miss out on GM events (as opposed to Guide events... There's a difference right?)... And the GM events are where it's at, when it comes to goodies.

I get it though. When we win (or just participate in) something that's unique, we want the prizes to stay unique. Maybe the pop god shields could be modified prior to being put on the overseer vendor... Like shrink them to 50% of their GM PRIZE ORNAMENT SIZE. It's different right? I mean the little one would show everyone, hey I shred Overseer... And the big one still shows that you can run your level 1 toon from the big rock in PoTranq to the PoTime platform as faster than everyone else. How is this not a win?
  11. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

12. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I don't think modifying the graphics is something that would be done, that would probably require more help from the art team. I'm pretty sure this is more of a side task that Ngreth is doing on his own for us.

Maybe he'll chime in on whether guide ornaments is something he would consider adding. If they do end up being allowed I'd like to see it be limited and only a select few of them, not an entire list worth of just guide ornaments.
    Treygolas likes this.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

You are correct that this is a side project, and I don't want to get art involved.
    I think I should avoid the guide gifts for now, but they may not always be off the plate.
  14. Fintank Augur

15. Treygolas Journeyman

They would've made great decorations for the house and guild hall, but I digress. :D Thanks for settling it, Ngreth.
  16. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

My bad, the link didn't have a picture and I was thinking that's what it was. If it's something different that's cool, any chance you got a picture of it?
  17. Caio_Xegony Lorekeeper

I would love to see some of the nice rapier style daggers
    Lieutenant's Ornamental Blade

Icedancer

Tsetsian Plague Saber

also is there a reason why these ornaments are only able to fit in their base weapon slot, like these would only go in piercer vs them going in all weapons? if they're able to be dual slotted like the h2h weapons seem to able to go h2h/1hb can't these be 1hpierce/1hslash? just a thought for versatility of use.
    Remien likes this.
  18. Tutankamen Augur

I'm pretty sure shield of scraps already has an ornament doesn't it?
  19. Kissia New Member

ill second and third Stra-hazir the great destroyer
  20. Dhurgan Augur

The item is from LoN cards, I'm not sure if those are on the table or not but I left it in the list.

Updated list