Next Expansion Speculations

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Coughforme, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am sick of the snow. ToV may be great for people living in warmer climates irl.

Original Velious was great because it was set to a 6 month cadence. Velious for 2 years may kill the game unless there’s a focus on Plane of Mischief, Plane of Growth, Wakening Lands, Skyshrine, Cobalt Scar, and/or Siren’s Grotto.

I vote for TBL Part 2. If people visit Chaos Descending expansion on EQ2, you’ll see a lot of potential for TBL Part 2.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Some of the fun content from TBL was recycled Plane of Fire (Tyrant of Fire, Delivery, Remodeling) and Arcstone (Chamber of Tears).

Can you imagine new missions in Tower of Solusek Ro or Plane of Storms? (Plane of Water may be a hellish experience so I hope the Ondine have a new zone: Awuidor in EQ2).

Edit: I believe you were referring to repurposing entire zones (RoF and ToV). I think TBL hit the right spot by smartly recycling nostalgic zones with cute mechanics and new expansion lore for missions.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We had a lot of new content with TBL, ToV for me was a huge disapointment as they didn't add a single new zone, not to mention some of these zones had been rehashed before. At least with Kunark remakes we had new zones as well not just a rehash of the old
  4. Tenken Augur

Looking more like:

Western Waste: raid: #1 defend the eggs - #2 undead klandicar
    Dragon Necropolis: raid: #1 Dracoliches - #2 Zlandicar
    Skyshrine: raid: #1 labyrinth - #2 defend lord yelinak
    Wakening Lands: raid: #1 Undead wushi
    Sleeper's Tomb: raid: #1 warders - #2 sleeper - #3 source of restless ice (stolen stone taken from the elemental plane of water)

Kael defeated, Ice begins to shatter opening the way to wakening lands which will give access to Skyshrine which there be more griffon/wyvern rides which will take you to western waste and dragon necropolis etc.

TBL 2.0 probably be a filler episode or a flashback on how the stone was stolen or something if next expansion :eek:

just my opinion :oops:
    enclee likes this.
  5. Braveheart Augur

We got 7 Zones for TOV v.1
    We will get 7 or 8 Zones for ToV v.1

Wakening Lands
    Western Wastes
    Cobalt Scar
    SIrens Grotto
    Dragons Necropolis
    Skyshrine
    Temple of Veeshan

Sleepers Tomb (you can already click on it and get a message)
    I thought ST would be the new GMM (Anniv) but it didn't happen.
    svann likes this.
  6. bortage spammin lifetaps

I, like tens of others, really want PoM again but I honestly don't know how the community at large would respond to a zone design like that, the original had a cult following because it was so different from every other zone in the game but the location and respawn time didn't allow for a large number of players, but the revamp is generally accepted as butchering all of the charm the original had while being a more usable zone. At this point, the best solution might be PoM: Revisited, TBM fear/hate style, and just let the mobs scale for a couple of level cap increases to keep the fans quiet for a few years
  7. Zvenn Just an old monk

i dunno, maybe im an odd ball but i love the snow, i love the ice shader, i was a huge fan of the original velious and im loving the new one :) bring on a ToV part 2...i just wish they used the ice shader for the weapons instead of that icky green, remake the snowstorm greatstaff ornament with the new ice shader...would make for a super happy gelidran monk :)
    Triconix likes this.
  8. Triconix Augur

We had 2 years of brutal Kunark - one of my least favorite original expansions and now recent expansions - so I feel we can survive ToV 2.0 as long as dragons enter the realm.
    Jennre likes this.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I think the Velious redux for Rain of Fear expansion slightly ruined Torment of Velious for me more than the actual Kunark redux for Empires of Kunark and Ring of Scale.

I really hope if it is Velious Part 2 they don't just recycle Breeding Grounds for Dragon Necropolis and so forth.

Edit: I am not opposed to recycling zones. But it should be more in the mold (pun not intended) of Plane of Fire and Chamber of Tears in TBL.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

My opinion.. ToV part 2.

My want.. TBL part 2 .. or even luclin part 2 would be cool hah.
    Lannin likes this.
  11. dreadlord Augur

I'd like to see something new
    having 2x GD, velks etc is just, well, silly
    Plus another vote for no water zones - ty!
  12. svann Augur

Since we are no voting - Ill say no to monster missions.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  13. Nadisia Augur

ToV part 2, TBL part 2, new content, something around Luclin, or even Discord/Taelosia (I'm probably one of the few weirdos who loved these expansions :p), it'll be fine for me.

But
    Yes !!!
    I mean, NO to monsters missions, nononono, NOOOO !!! :D
    Did I say Nooooo?
    Whulfgar likes this.
  14. bortage spammin lifetaps

I just got back from the future and it turns out next expansion is 7 different zones for Kedge Keep and 1 of the zones is only accessible through a monster mission where you have to fullspeed kite mobs through the water to win, this is also where you get your evolving loot as a rare trash drop
    Boze, Nadisia, Nennius and 1 other person like this.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

I think you need to stop posting the notes from the last design meeting.
  16. Visitor Augur

Torment of Velious was instigated by Velkitor and he is satisfied, and ended the experiment (doesn't fix zones) which means that unless the effect spread to rest of Velious, we get some thing new or at least a different set of problems.
  17. Tucoh Augur

I'm guessing ToV2.0 but tbh I don't care as much about the setting as much as i care about having a lot of content with some tuned for the casual base and some tuned for the hardcore base. ToV was so easy it made all the work I put into my characters in TBL irrelevant.
  18. Monkman Augur

Plane of Mischief has all the potential to be the next Plane of War.

PoWar is still one of my favorite zones. Even at 115 I’m somewhat cautious still when traversing the zone. Something I am rarely even in current content.
    Funky likes this.
  19. AZerker New Member

I am hoping for a butt beating Gates Of Discord, make you wanna cry type.
  20. Funky Augur

PoWar shows NO MERCY! doesn't matter if a named or regular trash mob