Test Update 04/21/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 21, 2020.

1. EQ Dev Developer

April 21, 2020

*** Items ***

- Restored the missing visuals of the troll heritage armor ornaments.

*** Quests And Events ***

- Seeking the Sorcerer (Raid) - The undead gnolls and Coldain will now drop loot.
    - Seeking the Sorcerer (Mission) - Mercenaries may come along.
    - Seeking the Sorcerer and Kael raid (ToV) - fixed issues with the basic population of the zone. They are now of the proper difficulty and will also drop the right rewards.
    - Made the following changes to the Tower of Frozen Shadow raids:
    - - Heart of Frozen Shadow - Relaxed the limitation on killing type of monsters to reduce the Heart of Frozen Shadow's health. Up to 60% of the heart's HP reduction can come from specters and up to 70% from skeletons / drolvargs.
    - - Heart of Frozen Shadow - Fixed the bug that caused the deaths of the drolvargs to behave as if they were a specter.
    - - Heart of Frozen Shadow - Reduced the health of the restless ice skeletons / drolvargs.
    - - Heart of Frozen Shadow - Increased the health of the non-restless ice skeletons / drolvargs / specters.
    - - Heart of Frozen Shadow - Reduced the health of the restless ice skeletons / drolvargs.
    - - Heart of Frozen Shadow - Increased how frequently the controller checks to see if it's time to spawn more adds.
    - - Heart of Frozen Shadow - Increased how many skeletons or drolvargs spawn when they spawn.
    - - Heart of Frozen Shadow - Lower level slows and AA cast slows will now land on the drolvargs.
    - - Heart of Frozen Shadow - Reduced the magic resistance of the drolvargs.
    - A Different Perspective - Killing Vhal`Sera will update the step to Unlock the way to the seventh floor.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- Restored the missing Aradune Memorial stone.

- The EverQuest Team
  2. niente Developer

Test's downtime is being extended by 1 hour (ETA 6pm PDT).
    kizant likes this.
  3. EQ Dev Developer

Test is up and unlocked.
  4. svann Augur

Any chance that goes to live before next this weekend?
    :p
    Yinla and Deillusional like this.
  5. Imukai Augur

Hopefully the troll armor no longer looks like dark elf armor w/ missing feet.
  6. Nniki Augur

This line is listed twice. Is something else supposed to be listed instead?
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Deillusional Augur

Can the totfs 1 change be hotfixed?
    ArtremasEQ and Yinla like this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Any reduction to the damage output from NPCs if tanks now need to tank more than 1?
    Windance likes this.
  9. Windance Augur

We have not tried ToFS1 since the patch so I'm speculating but this has me worried.

Any time we got 2-3 dogs on tanks for any extended period of time things tended to go from bad to worse pretty quickly.

-- "Increased how many skeletons or drolvargs spawn when they spawn."

Does this mean we're also going to end up tanking multiple adds from a single room?

Hope that the slow procs on from the tank belts work to reduce the damage output from these guys.
    Syylke_EMarr, ArtremasEQ and Yinla like this.
  10. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I am also worried about the increase in spawns. It could already be very iffy if a room double spawned.
  11. Daedly Augur

I would have thought having the adds spawn on a timer, in a random room, with a set number or skele/dog and a set number of Spectre, with enough extra of both to cover killing maybe 2 or 3 of the wrong mobs would have made sense, remove that RNG of possibly getting the wrong mobs.

OR

Get rid of these ridiculous enrage timers. It's not like fights get easier the longer you are engaged...
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Triconix Augur

These changes seem sufficient enough. Not sure what you're complaining about.
  13. Daedly Augur

Rather than adding more mobs at a time, possibly making it harder, they could have written the script to make sure enough of the mobs spawn within the required time. I haven't done the raid since the last change and obviously haven't done it with this change however. So, my fear could be completely unfounded.

Mostly just hate enrage timers is all.
    Anastasis likes this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Depends how many are now spawning and how hard they hit, this change is increasing the tanking and healing needed for this raid.
  15. Natal Augur

Well, when we did this on live tonight they appeared to hit just as hard and they spawned a lot more frequently, eventually we were just overrun. Also, the paladins were complaining that stuns were lasting for much shorter periods, so tank deaths increased a lot. Killing did not appear to proceed significantly faster, certainly not in proportion to how fast they are respawning now.

We did not try to event after the last proper patch and before the hotfix, so I can't say how difficult it was then, but the raid appears to be much harder than it was before.
  16. Triconix Augur

Meh I wouldn't say that. We aren't too tank heavy and many of us weren't too busy this event. Normally I was just running around helping dps or sitting in middle to help with the shifts while assigned to a specific room. There were times I never had anything at all spawn in my room the entire event.
  17. Powerful Elder

After doing this last night, the event still needs some work.

Mob spawns seem to be all or nothing. There were stretches where we had nothing to kill in the halls. Several times there was absolutely nothing in the center to kill. Those folks would just be skating around the room looking for something to nuke / throw daggers at in the hallways, assuming something was actually there to kill. Every attempt at this, we hit the enrage just due to the spawn randomness (not the type, but the timing of the actual spawns.) We wiped twice, then beat it on the third attempt.

The tanking requirements are definitely higher now since we're also having to offtank non-restless mobs for periods of up to minute. These mobs can hit upwards of 98k. If one tank drops in an area, the other usually follows if there are multiple mobs to deal with. Then you're scrambling to get another tank to skate over there to pickup adds before they kill / death touch to many folks. This inevitably leads to imbalances in the center, fail emotes, extra stacks.

Ymmv, but that was our experience last night.
    Jhenna_BB, Winnowyl and Yinla like this.
  18. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You're heading in the right direction on tofs1. Back up the enrage timer 5 minutes would help.

Can you maybe punish classes with Run 10 a little less, please? We need to keep an old movement speed buff on to not basically be moving at Selo's speed around the rink. It's annoying to have someone in your group die, the shaman in your group does their job and rebuffs said dead person and before you realize the buff was overwritten and you're down in bottom of the pit. It's incredibly freaking annoying and I'm betting not part of the design of the raid to single out Rangers and Monks. Thank you.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Toggling your movement speed from run to walk does help on this fight.
  20. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Ok buddy lol. Was that really a called for tone? But hey! Be anonymously tough guy hiding behind your keyboard! You're so very brave.