Fixed Internally Broken Double DZ Lockouts

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by bigsalad, Mar 23, 2020.

1. bigsalad Apprentice

Did Plane of Time with my guild on Agnarr Sunday night. Got disconnected during Phase 3. When I logged back in I had 10+ day lockouts for the wave bosses I missed. Every other lockout from the clear was the normal 5.5 day lockout.

Other guild members have had similar issues with lockouts greater than 7 days randomly appearing for zones they've done recently. Please investigate and resolve, as being locked to a DZ-only zone like Plane of Time on a Plane of Time-locked server like Agnarr rapidly defeats the point of the server. Thanks!
    minimind, Ayoheee, Ainthek and 14 others like this.
  2. bigsalad Apprentice

It's all fun and games until someone misses a Quarm lockout. Happy to provide more information if needed for debug.
    [IMG]
    Warrior102 likes this.
  3. Xeris Augur

Yes, rough times :(
  4. bigsalad Apprentice

Other users confirming issue across multiple servers in the TLP forum thread on this topic.
    eepok likes this.
  5. ImpishBeef New Member

[IMG]

These zones are supposed to be account-wide lockouts but they only show up on one character on my account.
    Warrior102 likes this.
  6. Allayna Augur

Interesting, I'm sure I've seen double lockouts in the past...

TBM comes to mind.
  7. minimind The Village Idiot

Just saw this happen for the first time on Saturday.

Saturday, March 14: Did Kor`sha 1-3. Two players had to take off after the first or second event.
    Saturday, March 21: Went back to do Kor`sha 1-3 again for those that couldn't finish the previous week. However, they had 3 more days of lockout... including for the event in which they did not participate.
    Lubianx likes this.
  8. Ainthek New Member

This happened to me on our most recent Time clear. My internet went down mid-raid but my characters never dropped from the game. The 4 mobs that I missed have 10 day lockouts and the rest are normal.

Killed Tallon Zek - 3D:19H:32M
    Killed Vallon Zek - 3D:19H:39M
    Disconnected
    Offline for Cazic-Thule - 9D:7H:55M
    Offline for Bertoxxulous - 9D:8H:3M
    Offline for Rallos Zek - 9D:8H:15M
    Offline for Innoruuk - 9D:8H:27M
    Reconnected
    Killed Quarm - 3D:20H:42M

[IMG]
    Mithra, Warrior102 and eepok like this.
  9. bigsalad Apprentice

Sitting here with 4 days left on a timer for only two bosses in something I did a week ago. Everyone not affected by this is getting 50% lockouts while we're on 200%. This adds insult to injury. No dev response is the rancid icing on this s**t-cake.
  10. Knoffhoff New Member

Same here. Went to PoTime last sunday night to get silk pants from phase 3, now I am still locked out for 4 more days. Not fun. This is bovine excrement.
  11. bigsalad Apprentice

Would be great to have some official input on best practices for avoiding 200% lockout timers. If a player disconnects during a boss fight should they be removed from the DZ? Should players refrain from switching characters on the same account during a DZ?

I can see this being a major issue with any plans for a new TLP.
  12. Xyphen Maximum Augur

I'm having this issue on live in Demi-plane of Blood as well doing an alt run. Two characters were logged in/out (alt -> main) after certain boss kills. The character being logged out received a double lockout for Hatchet the Torturer but not the others. Oddly enough this was the only fight I didn't log the alt in.

My understanding is that this bug is the result of an anti-cheat mechanic implemented some time ago to prevent people from circumventing lockouts. The only way to avoid is to not remove any players from the instance and re-add them later. Make sure that the same people are in the raid from the initial request to the end.

It is still a bug though and should be fixed.
    niente likes this.
  13. jmoney87 New Member

Any news on this? Would like to know if there's any point logging back after a disconnect during raid, or if it will just lock me for two weeks.
  14. niente Developer

Looking for this information:
    - Character name
    - Server name
    - Date/Time of raid (and timezone)
    - Event (i.e. PoTime)

Screenshots of the DZ window are helpful as well, but we need the character and server name to find more information in our logs.

Thanks
  15. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Look on Xegony, character is Goodzilla, event was Restless assault, date April 20th. Raid leader got DZ, my internet decided it wanted to drop, logged back in to a 8D 23 hr loot lockout, hadn’t even zoned in by then. I did take a SS but this forum wont let me upload it.
    niente likes this.
  16. That0neguy Augur

This has been a known issue for a long time by the playerbase. But maybe not all of us, or the dev team. There is def a relation to being LD when a boss is killed and getting a double lockout. You also seem to get double lockouts if you start in one DZ and move to a different DZ.
    niente likes this.
  17. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Unfortunately I don't have screenshots of them or the exact date/times, but here is the info + estimates:

Event: Demi-Plane of Blood (single character double-lockout):
    Character name: Atarius, Vires [Same account], Xyphen
    Server: Bertoxxulous
    Date/time: I don't remember, some time beginning of April
    Description: Requested raid on Xyphen with Vires in group. Logged out Vires/in Atarius and invited. I swapped Vires and Atarius a few times to loot. Atarius ended up with double lockout on Hatchet.

Event: Demi-Plane of Blood (multi character double-lockout):
    Character name: Atarius, Vires [Same account]
    Date/Time: 4/13/2020 around 10 PM EST (estimating, I don't remember)
    Description: Vires and Atarius on same account. Vires requested raid, handed leadership over to another character to invite Atarius. Stayed on Vires the entire clear until Hatchet. Killed Hatchet then logged Atarius in. Atarius got 8 day lockout for Hatchet, Vires got 8 day lockouts for Maggotmiser and Ur-Gorloch.

Event: Tacvi, Seat of the Slaver (single character all lockouts)
    Character name: Vires
    Date/Time: 4/17/20 around 8 PM EST
    Description: Vires attempted to request ("open the way" -> Hamari). It failed because I forgot the Signet in bank. Got Signet, gave me error about not being strong enough, converted to raid format and tried again. Vires got an immediate full ~4 day lockout on every encounter and thus unable to request the raid.

Bottom-line: Double lockouts always involved switching characters on the same account in Demi-plane. I had logged all but one character out on Performer but none of those got double lockouts. These were all alt run raids so I haven't tested in other DZ's. If someone wants me to test another DZ let me know.

The Tacvi occurrence was just bizarre.
    niente likes this.
  18. Coletricklw Journeyman

FYI, this is easily reproducible. Log out/go LD when a boss is being killed. Wait to come back until after it's dead.
    niente likes this.
  19. Arcos Lorekeeper

I got a double lockout for Reckless Assault when we decided to split the raid and I was moved from the original raid/dz to a different one -- nothing at all was killed in the original raid/dz until after I left it but I did zone into the instance. When the events were over I wound up with a double length lockout.

Arcos on Bristlebane time zone is mountain daylight savings

[Tue Mar 10 16:50:45 2020] You have joined the raid.
    [Tue Mar 10 17:48:59 2020] Zrelik the Brave says, 'Thank you so much. Please, just let me know when you and your allies are [ready] and I will take you to meet what remains of our armies.'
    [Tue Mar 10 17:51:30 2020] You have entered The Great Divide: Restless Assault.
    Tue Mar 10 17:52:02 2020] You were removed from the raid.
    [Tue Mar 10 17:52:55 2020] You have joined the raid.
    [Tue Mar 10 17:53:15 2020] Arcos has been removed from The Great Divide: Restless Assault.
    [Tue Mar 10 17:55:07 2020] Arcos has been added to The Great Divide: Restless Assault.
    [Tue Mar 10 17:55:48 2020] You have entered The Great Divide: Restless Assault.
    niente likes this.
  20. bigsalad Apprentice

Character: Doozlez
    Server: Agnarr
    Date: March 22, roughly 5:30pm PST
    Event: Plane of Time

Issue also occurred in time periods around this on characters Xexyz, Scumwitagun, and Whalesalad for instances Sanctus Seru, Temple of Veeshan, and Temple of Ssra on Agnarr (don't have dates/times/or screenshots).

All instances of the issue occurring happened after logging out/disconnecting during a DZ. Since then I've taken great pains to avoid doing so and the issue hasn't manifested.

I was doing the same things before the March update with no issue, so I assumed it was related to whatever change was pushed that resulted in DZs now showing progress when an invitation is received. Other players say it's a much older bug, so I don't know if there's much validity to my assumption.

Thanks for the response!
    niente likes this.