Spanish guy responds to the AMA TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Totodile, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Totodile New Member

2. TonyT New Member

Very funny.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Nice. I'll give it a 6.7 out of 10.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

5. Torvius Journeyman

Hilarious :D
  6. Bullsnooze Augur

Alarizod likes this.
  7. Trakksem Journeyman

LoL LoL LoL,
    2 thumbs up.... but what if.... what if... its all a big swerve? They dismissed the Freetrade / FV rule set, quick and fast and blew right past the discussion. Almost... too easily
  8. Magic Augur

LOL

Video is great, but situation about DPG ignore all requests from customers not so funny :(
  9. That0neguy Augur

Did people really go into the AMA expecting news about an FV server? Where did you even get the hint that FV was going to be a possibility?
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Typucm Elder

LOL :)

Impossible things sometimes happen, so why not? Isn't that what miracles are for? :)
  11. Maneuvre Augur

I'd give you an A for effort... But tbf, I had to go back and watch it without the clumsy subtitles.

/em dismounts.

Now since everyone else's opinion is thrown around these threads like Krono farmers locking down your favorite camps, I thought I'd spread mine too. The video mentions PVP, albeit distasteful (btw wth?), so it is incumbent upon me to remind you all of where PVP and FV both stand after that AMA.

Some background first. Prior to the AMA I joked around about an unholy alliance between FV and PVP. Afterwards? Hard pass. It became clear that FV has LESS of a chance of ever seeing a TLP. PVP TLP on the other hand is like that one Super Bowl when your favorite team was down 3-28... (we had 3 PVP questions during that AMA too so...)
    [IMG]

Now the facts based off dev responses:
    PVP suffers because of what? "...not enough to support a server." Ok got it. We will continue to drum up support and play the long game. Good to know that the option is still on the table.

FV? "does not make good gameplay", "invites fraud and CS intervention", "[not] ideal from a game design POV", and I almost forgot the best part "only a few people are asking for it."
    Yikes. I'm going to have to side with the devs on this one.

Source: https://discord.gg/zSXe5b9 under #ask-a-dev

Word of advice to the few FVs. Take the L, go back to the Roleplaying server, leave the devs alone, and stop whining on these forums with all of those treacherous threads. At least we had the decency to consolidate all of our threads into one EQ PVP Big Discussion Thread...Which! We have not bumped in some time thank you. But, it's a shame what the Free Trad...rather Free Traitors, did to those nice folks' roleplaying server :rolleyes:

/em gets back on his high horse.
    [IMG]
  12. Ayoheee Augur

Impossible to not laugh at Spanish guy
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Listening & ignoring are not the same thing.

DPG listened to the players who wanted a PvP TLP what they said is that there aren't enough people to justify.
    They listened to the players who wanted a FV TLP, what they said is that there aren't enough people to justify it AND that they didn't want to have to deal with the extra CSR load that a new Free-Trade ruleset server would generate.

That's not ignoring players, that is listening, weighing up the merits & saying no.

Sometimes you don't get what you want because what you want is not going to pay for itself & therefore would be a bad business decision.
  14. PVPlulz Lorekeeper

Peak lulz. You really just keep outdoing yourself.

YOU didn't do anything. Dreamweaver did. Then you and Dulu whined and cried about it.

How's the 2nd PVP movement going? Now that you're the new fearless leader LOL.

Based on your Discord...ouch.