Congrats winners!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maedhros, Apr 20, 2020.

1. kookoo Augur

many asked for tier one to be easier, and tier 2 ( 3 ) much harder , and the last one to be brutal , similar as maeratas .

last raid in an expansion should be very hard ,.
  2. Baradorn Lorekeeper

The most accurate picture of current Top 10 serverwide guilds is Mearatas ranking, it's certainly not ToV ranking.
    It took 3 months for the 11th guild to beat Mera after the 10th.
  3. Badname3245 Lorekeeper

They only started allowing any guild to see every event in the past few years. Prior to that and if you didn't test it with a dev you couldn't see the raid. Sometimes they didn't even show a guild testing with them the entire raid. No guild got to see every event or have every strat fully worked out before the expansion even launched.

Figuring out every single beta raid in beta, recording it for review months later and having to not manage months of flagging and progression is not anything close to resembling the race of old.
  4. Zunnoab Augur

Without spoiling anything, the Velk's raid is designed with a variety of viable approaches. If anyone is having trouble with it, analyze everything that goes on. The clues are there.

But in any case yes, congratulations to everyone that did it, and despite my overall tone it is regrettable it's disappointing to some. Hopefully they find some kind of middle ground going forward.
  5. Maedhros High King

You're absolutely right. Now its a much more level playing field because its not just a few guilds that get to see parts or snapshots of the raids, anyone can pre-order and do the raids if they have the desire.
    Let me get this straight though, you think the race was more "pure" when only 5 or 6 guilds got to be directly involved with the devs to test raids, or even snapshots of raids? How is a race even remotely fair if 5 or 6 racers get a head start, via knowing parts or snapshots of how ever many raids they were able to get access to?
    I think the best thing that ever happened to the race was that the devs opened up beta and have made an effort to work with far more guilds on testing than ever before.
    I wish it was possible during beta for devs to go to some generic sandbox zone with no terrain and just throw whatever NPC's they would need for new raids into it and work some various scripts in a bubble to test with players and then construct all the different raids in an expansion without any of the player base ever seeing the finished product, but thats never going to happen.

TLDR - all guilds being able to see all events in beta is a much more pure race than only a few guilds being able to see some events.
  6. Manafasto Augur

Stop testing out the encounters and encrypt the data from the miners.
  7. Badname3245 Lorekeeper

No guild should see every raid.
    No guild should see a raid in its entirety.
    Progression and flagging should matter.
  8. Maedhros High King

I find so much wrong with your point of view, but you're certainly entitled to it!
    Lets imagine your scenarios.

Point 1 - Imagine you're the only guild that tests an extremely hard raid like Mearatas with the devs, and no other guilds get to. How do you justify that advantage?

Point 2 - I can almost agree with this one, but you must not do much dev testing. Doing TOFS raids with Prathun, he fast forwarded through most of the events and focused on the elements he wanted to work on. We never got to see the final adjusted events in beta. In fact on the Wedding raid, the night we did it the wedding party were quad hitting and ae rampaging for 80k. Didn't learn much at all. Griklor was a broken disaster for most of beta, and we couldn't see Servant of the Sleeper because we did not dev test those raids. I would be surprised if any guild saw all 9 raids during beta as the finished product that went live.

Point 3 - Why should flags matter? What do you learn from flagging the same 54 people up on a tier of raids for 4-6 cycle weeks? It has no bearing on which guild is the strongest, only on which guild is capable of getting the same 54 people on all the time.
    How do you account for gate keeper raids like the Pre-nerf Tower of Rot, Damsel of Decay, Queen Velazul, Atrebe's Vault, The Kar'zok, End of Empire, Drusella's Vault etc etc that are arguably harder than the final raid of the expansion? If the raids were linear and got harder with each one you completed, I could see the value of progression.
  9. Pano Augur

We learned that by doing so, raids are unlocked on time!
    Jondalar likes this.
  10. Maedhros High King

We have also had broken raids like Sathir Line that you guys could not progress to the next tier til it was done ;P
  11. Pano Augur

Indeed! But it was fixed within days. While keying isn't particularly fun, it's better than the the unlock script. An hybrid system of both would probably be a better alternative.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  12. Zunnoab Augur

In some ways, the accelerated key award system kind of is a hybrid to that, depending on how quickly they accelerate. It only takes a single win to flag for the second set of Arx raids now, for example.
  13. Ibudin Augur

Keying sucks, but if there was keying this round, I think the results would of been the same on the race. Anyone competent enough doing the raids, beat them weekly anyways.