Fixed Internally High latency and server connection issues.

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Ragnarokkar, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Ragnarokkar New Member

All morning myself and my group have been experiencing steadily climbing latency, difficulty staying connected to the server and issues logging in. Have many others been affected by this? We are on Agnarr, is this happening to people on other servers as well?
  2. Stiku New Member

Same here. Unplayable atm. Tunare server.
  3. Asus New Member

Same here. Drinal. My latency meter sits around 150-200ms. Seems to only be with eq connections. I'm in Tx.
  4. dreamweaver Community Manager

There is a provider issue at the data center, they are moving traffic away from the provider and this should solve the current spike in lag.

I am still monitoring.
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Duder like this.
  5. Stephen51 Augur

I'm usually 140ms (I'm in the UK, on a US server). It's now at 359ms. I tried logging out and back in. It took me 20 minutes to get a character into game where this morning it took me 5.
  6. XavierSelos New Member

I had a small hope that the recent change in data centers might mean an increase in performance, but now I believe that the change was actually a cost-saving downgrade. This is further evidence of dbg's aversion to investing in EQ's future.
  7. Jondalar Augur

it's still happening.
  8. dreamweaver Community Manager

I posted an update in news and announcements.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Puntsize New Member

I've been having a major issue with the lag over the last 2 weeks. It comes and goes throughout the day, more so when the traffic is higher.

My connection is fine everywhere. The issue is only with Everquest. I'm from Toronto Canada.
  10. dreamweaver Community Manager

This is likely unrelated to the current issue I was addressing above.
  11. yodo Augur

Will this help the forums at all? They've been pretty much unusable for me for the past week without using a vpn to get around some issue somewhere.
  12. dreamweaver Community Manager

I am not sure if that's related, but it might.
  13. Ferriciean Lorekeeper

FYI, there were two major fiber cuts today involving CenturyLink's backbone. The nature of the cuts removed a lot of the resiliency of CTL's backbone. As CTL makes up a good portion of the world's internet via both routing and their transport services, this was heavily impactful.

CenturyLink reports fiber splicing in Madison, WI is done (temp fashion - future maintenance to follow) while the Fort Worth, TX splicing continues.

Both cuts, along with a couple others, greatly impacted the backbones and DIA/BGP drains of many ISPs beginning this morning just after 9am. Hopefully things should be returning to normal as we speak.
    Duder, eepok and dreamweaver like this.