Advancing in Overseer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Grove, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Grove Augur

As a team, our we have advanced to level two in most skills, except level three in diplomacy and recruitment and still just level one in recovery. I have 114 agents including multiples of several. Two of the agents are green coded.

The problem is, almost all of the missions I am offered require a level two or level three agent. Even the supporting roles often require someone of advanced rank. When I propose staffing a lead slot, no one steps forth as no one has the proper level who has the required skill.

How am I to promote or acquire agents of the required level and skill? Am I doomed?
  2. suggestion New Member

Conversion (Common, Uncommon, Rare) converts 3 agents into 1 agent of next higher order. I usually convert when I have 3 duplicates of any order.
    eqgamer and minimind like this.
  3. Windance Augur

Have you been converting your common -> uncommon ?

It converts 3x commons into an uncommon.

There are some bug reports that seem to indicate you should never select more than one of the same agents when you do the conversion or you can end up losing the entire stack.

I am a little further behind you in progression as I still have 5 mission types that are level 1, rest are level 2, recruitment level 3.

The answer may be:
    1 - Buy agents in the marketplace.
    2 - Keep doing anything you can take and stockpile coins so you can buy common agents from overseer vendor.
    3 - Pray you get an easy recruitment mission.

I think the change to the vendor price was a little steep. Its now 26000 coin.

Assuming you did all 5 quests x 6 hr duration x 4 per day x 275 each = 5500 coins that's 1 agent every 4.7 days.

Scales up at higher levels but then you need to do conversions so you need 3x for uncommon or 9x
    for rare or 27x for an elite

As a side note I've been tracking critical successes and found that the level 1 x 6 hr quests have approximately 25% rate with quests 91/94% and the level 1 x 12 hr 50% and have been the largest source of agents. I did get ONE uncommon recruiting quest which netted me 3x uncommon agents.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Recruiting missions are the most important ones to be running so you can keep a steady supply of agents coming in and using the duplicate ones in conversion quests to get higher level agents.
    eqgamer, Axxius and Nennius like this.
  5. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Also if you can, make sure that you are getting your success rate at 90% or higher so you can critical success to get a chance at gaining random agents.
  6. Grove Augur

Common conversion will take three of my low agents and give me ONE COMMON, agent? Or ONE UNCOMMON agent? If it is the former, I am going backwards, not forward.

Edit: Did an exchange and now have an additional green agent.

Thank you for the information!
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Then I think you've answered your own question :)
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Conversions take 3 of 1 level and gives you 1 random of the next level up.
  9. Shaantara Made of Moonlight

3 commons = 1 uncommon
    3 uncommons = 1 rare
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

QFT.

I hadn't run any, because I was gaining a nice amount of agents from crit successes. However, once I started leveling quest types, I kept running into a couple key quest types I couldn't run because I had plenty of uncommon agents (8), but none had level 2 in the categories I needed.

I ran my first recruitment quest yesterday. It awarded 7 agents! I'll definitely keep running these when offered.
    Nennius and Yinla like this.
  11. Soulblaze Journeyman

Phinigel came up in my recruiting missions. Was bummed I only have Rares and lower!! Needed 3 Elites.
  12. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

You can get Critical Success with less than 90%. I've gotten criticals off missions with 80-82% success rate. I think the higher success rate gives you a better chance but it's definitely not required.
  13. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

It seems to happen more frequently above 90% in my experience. I too have gotten critical's below 90% but not nearly as often.
  14. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

What does this mean?
    You aren't a Gnome are you?

I don't know what the .. I'm doing in overseer :)
    .. because of that, I'm not spending a dime in it. Well, I spent 8 DB in it today.. but that's it!

I heard it is good for tradeskill items.
  15. Crystilla Augur

You can get character experience, mercenary experience, tradeskill items, ornamentation and collections as rewards (and critical success doubles many of these). My hubby and my best theory on critical success is matching up as many of the traits as possible.

Before this recent patch, I was lucky enough (with 2 accounts, mine and my box account), to finish off 5 expansion's worth of collections on me where I needed around 20-30 each. Now of course it's down to only my account and going slower, as well since I'm higher level now in all of the quests that offer collections (level 3 or 4 or even max 4 in most of them), so they're the 12 hour and not 6 hour quests.

Basic tips are:

• Run the quickest time missions you can for whatever reward you want to gain.
    • Run 'recruit' missions EVERY time it comes up.
    • Match as many traits as possible and highest success as possible, especially if you're in the lower levels (don't start a quest if you're only at 70% success etc.); the higher levels 3 and 4 may require you to take chances like that initially but don't do it unless you have to.
    • Every time you level up in one of the categories (military, stealth, plunder, exploration, diplomacy, etc.), you get brand new quests the next time the quests reset.
    • Run the conversion quests every time you have at least 3 characters that are doubled. There may be some that you find you use a lot so you want 3 of them before you convert one, but otherwise, my rule of thumb these days is for common/gray ones, I do convert on 2 (except for about 3 characters where I use them enough on the missions I keep getting). If you have green characters, you can't use more than one of them in a mission at the same time so always convert once you have 3 different greens that are doubled up.
    CrazyLarth and eqgamer like this.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Not sure if this is dependent on the quest level (wanting 90%+ to get a crit success).

I've been doing Overseer for just over two weeks now. So, most of my quests have been level 1 quests. I've done about 160 quests in that time (successes, that is), and almost 1/3 have been crit successes.

And of all my quests, I've had a 90% or greater chance maybe 3 times. Once I get a quest to 80% or higher, I start it.

FWIW, total failures is either 3 or 4 quests, in that same time frame. So, about 2% of all quests started.
  17. matouoli Elder

i got a lot of agents now ( i bought some at 1st as well ) , 6 elites , 13 rares ect.

at 1st i was converting the common one for uncommon, thinking it was the best route.

but lately i don't trade the common unleast i have 3 duplicates ( same for the uncommon ).

many times they were handy to get a little more % from the * bonus * agents can have.

i got a toon that need catch up, he was level 112 ( close to 113 after doing the 4 TOV missions ), and now he is level 114, and only have EW savior done, so the litle xp ( i got about 40 % + regular xp from overseer ) so it helped some,

** here and there ** i am converting 2 duplicated agents . for the 3rd one to convert i am checking from the list :
    ( ex : artisan or soldier or scholar , ect. ) and the one i got the most i trade one of them,

i got an uncommon agent that i have 3X , and i can only choose one of them to trade, or use for a task,
    i am tempted to retire one uncommon to get 3 commons , but atm i am waiting to get another uncommon duplicated so i would do a conversion for a rare instead .

lately i got a recruit rare agents ( awarded 2 rares )
    and recruit uncommon agents ( awarded 4 of them ) .
  18. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Some green agents you can use more than 1 of at a time. The Green one's that say "Uncommon Iconic" you can only have one of (Questing, Incapacitated, Selected for a Quest). If it just says "Uncommon" without the Iconic, you can use as many of those as you want just like the common agents.
    Moege likes this.
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I must admit, I have a hard time figuring out what the advantage of unlocking higher-level quests are....:confused:

It seems to me, that higher level quests requires more agents, and generally have higher requirements if you want a high success-rate. But im not sure the higher level quests have greater rewards...

For example: I did a lot of trade quests, because i wanted collection dispensers.
    A level 1 common trade quest, rewards 1 dispenser fragment... and a level 3 rare trade quest rewards 1 dispenser fragment, yet takes several high ranking agents to complete...

I honestly think that higher level quests should reward more dispenser fragments, than lower level quests...:)
    or maybe max in everything should unlock the ability to have 6 quests running in parallel...or something...

Sure, the higher quests give extra tetra-coins, but im not into overpriced ornaments at the moment. :p so it feels like leveling up is only handicapping myself...

Does anyone know if leveling recovery up, even does anything to your advantage at all...?
    Yara_AB, Velisaris_MS and Khat_Nip like this.
  20. Velisaris_MS Augur

Like you said, other than an extra agent here and there on standard recruitment quests and some exta tetras, there is ZERO reason to level up any stat in Overseer...they're almost there for cosmetic purposes, as if it's a industry standard that mini-games have to have something to level up.

I would much rather have seen them put the advancments on the agents themselves, so that they gain xp as they are sent on quests. Then when you have 3 agents of one rank with 100% xp, they become eligible for conversion to a higher rank. Make conversion a button on Overseer instead of putting them as quests.