Expansions.. being salty or not..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Whulfgar, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Tanise Elder

Perhaps it's personal bias as I was involved in tuning group content but I think the only thing wrong with group content is there is no final zone that is harsh. All the zones are well tuned for group geared players.

where the big issue was is that the named were mis spawning so anyone who was going hard in the beginning got in on a major loot pinata. And that went on for a long time. 2 mobs were spawning every single cycle for almost a month. That and there is no progression other than the difficulty of the zones. That would work in a larger expac, but when you only have half an expansion it falls flat. There's really only 2 tiers. T1 is set up so anyone at 110ish can come in and enjoy it, which is good, but then you need a T2 that's challenging for those max geared at 110, then at a min a t3. This release lacks that.

I haven't tried the raids, though like missions, they lack in the number there is.

I think the big issue isn't the difficult, but there isn't enough content. Thus no ability to scroll difficulty across events. Keep in mind that raiders have been farming the first and second releases of raids for months now so they were well suited to walk into the final raids.

This expansion would have been perfect if they had planned to release the rest of it around anniversary time.

It was also velious, and there's no factions, one of the key features to the original.
    NeverPayForLag and Ashigaru like this.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

Once again..

Not a single toon is raid geared .. which was your point in the begining.. your simply goal post moving now..

ToV was and is a weak expansion grp content wise and you know it. Does that mean every one will breeze through it nope. It does in fact mean the majority 0f people will.

Of course people like you will have issues .. and try to say its harder then the majority of people claim. Then you will be like your raid geared.. the when proven they are not.. its .. well thats alotta dps.. well thats alotta AA.. well thats.. pick your goal post movement here..

ToV grp content was and is easy according to the VAST MAJORITY of eq players. Just not for you..
    Duder likes this.
  3. Ashigaru Augur

Tanise has hit the nail on the head - well said!
  4. Derka Power Ranger

ToV group content is easy if you know what you're doing and having a good AA count obviously helps. I see players that used ToV to level boost up struggling everyday. That aside though, your group is HEAVILY dps oriented and you cannot deny that influences fight length a lot, making an undergeared/AAed tank acceptable.
  5. Whulfgar Augur

I've never discounted guilds who actively participate in beta.

This is 100% completely discounting the fact that the raids themselves are easy raids mechanically an all that.
    No the fact that more guilds are attempting it is nothing. The fact that more guilds (and here's the key part, try to keep up please) --> BEAT <-- those raids with little difficulty that makes them easy.
    Duder likes this.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Have I denied it ? I simply point to the fact that the other poster, (much like yourself here in this very post) Are goal post moving. It was originally "RAID GEARED" toons make it easy..

And now its .. I'm over dpsing stuff ? At WHAT point are yall gonna flat out admit .. ToV is an easy grp content expansion ?

Its a very simple concept .. ToV is just that .. grp / raid wise .. an easy expansion. (for the majority of people who are playing it)
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What are you talking about? I have never said anything about group content. All I did was mention that you had a high dps group with 3 berserkers, shaman and bard. It doesn't matter that if they are raid or group geared for the fact that they all add up for good dps.
  8. Derka Power Ranger

My first sentence stated it was an easy expansion. You touting that you did it with an underprivileged warrior isn't a metric though. Lose the 5 boxes and go do a pub pickup group with fresh 110s breaking into ToV. Character knowledge is a huge influence on player power, more so than gear a majority of the time.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

What makes you think I'm talking about you ?
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You quoted my thread and only my thread in the post I replied to?
    Yinla likes this.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

Sad thing is on the rathe, with its very low population count and my erratic play time. I am forced to play boxing style.

I wonder why .. you do not like that I can / have boxed the entire expansion via my own grp geared group ?

Why would I change entirely how I play a game (ok well 85% of the time) just because you feel I have too much dps ?

Why are not MORE people boxing if they have to deal with pug's that suck so hard that they are unable to beat even the most trivial grp content .. Thats what I'd like to know.
    enclee likes this.
  12. Whulfgar Augur

In this post the person I was talking about was having a convo with me prior to you. Who said how hard content was . I then posted my grp set up that I box that is when you jumped in an they stopped posting. Interestingly enough (are you the same person just now on a new account ?) once I showed what I went threw the content with that was zero raid geared they stopped posting.

So perhaps I did mix yall's posts up an for that I apologize =)
    However I stand by the fact that has been my point in this entire thread the expansions just too easy.
  13. Derka Power Ranger

I would wager that Vox is lower pop than Rathe and draws a "newer" player because the server is green. I have no issue with you boxing the expansion this isn't about that. People do it everyday on every server. They even box raids! What you're doing is the norm now. My point was that even though ToV is easier for a lot of players, there are players struggling with it that. As for more people not boxing, I personally hate boxing and would rather play with real people. ToV was a great expansion for moloing which I was very thankful for.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

Was vox not at one time a TLP server ?

There will always be a minority group of people who will struggle with each / every expansion no matter how easy it is.

I've never nor ever will I deny that. However to try to say those people are the norm is a fallacy by anyone .. Because well every logical reason in game hah.
  15. Zvenn Just an old monk

personally i dont mind a little bit of easy street from time to time, especially if its going to throw a bone of encouragement to those smaller/lower tiered guilds to keep them playing the game. granted the hardcore of the hardcore like to have those epeen bragging rights of we beat zomg impossible raid before nerfs and such...but in reality that difficulty level is probably terrible for the game as its just going to kill off the smaller guilds trying it (being a full expansion later there still havent been a ton new mearatas wins)

would some challenge be welcomed for the higher end guilds? absolutely...buy keeping in mind that the higher end guilds are the vast minority in this game we should probably just accept that we need to let the other guilds get some wins in and boost their confidence and hopefully help them grow if we want to keep this game a float...what is easy for us is not so easy for others and im pretty sure there are plenty of guilds out there that will/are struggling with the content (not all gamers/guilds are created equal)

and im sure the forum questers out there will forum quest the heck out of this but personally i think we should just accept the easy content, pack in the easy gear, let the other guilds farm up whatever they can at their own pace and hopefully see the game grow for years to come. its not like every expansion is this easy (see mearatas) nor is every expansion that hard, but there have been quite a few gatekeepers over the recent years with vault, vault 2.0, mearatas...we should just let the easy stuff come and go this year.

take one for the team, let little brother(s) get some wins...a little morale booster can really go a long way
    enclee likes this.
  16. Derka Power Ranger

Vox was the last Live server to be created about 8 years ago. It was never a TLP, just a fresh start server where old money didn't exist until they opened up server transfers to it. The server has been on a decline since then
    Whulfgar and Yinla like this.
  17. dizzadar Lorekeeper

Making content for the top 10% of a game is stupid and would easily cause the death of a game . You make content for the majority of your player base. Making all the raids more challenging so that only the top 10 or 20 guilds can beat it would be shooting yourself in the foot. If you want to make challenging content why not make hard mode raids like Seeds of Destruction for the guilds that want to do that kind of stuff.
  18. Marton Augur

ToV raids could have been more interesting with some harder mechanics, but on the other hand, it's probably good to have content accessible to more guilds then just top 10.

My problem with the expansion is Overseer - I would rather have few more raids or a couple more ToV zones then Overseer.
    Barraind likes this.
  19. Maedhros High King

You must be late to the party new member. There are dozens of posts on this subject and invariably someone talks about hard mode raids from SOD. They are always shut down.
    A quick look at Elite gamers lounge will show you that there are only somewhere around 30 actual decent raiding guilds. 15 of which have beaten Mearatas in various stages of nerfing over the course of 16 months.
    14 guilds have finished T3 ToV in 4 days.
    Not sure where you get the 10% number, but it has no bearing in the reality of raiding.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  20. TheTone Elder

I suspect the difficulty of the expansion has a lot to do with your, ehem, choice of software.
    Every expac is going to be difficult if you are 3-boxing using alt-tabbing.
    Most expacs are going to be easy if you are rocking Emqueuetwo with all the fancy features.
    Xyphen and Schadenfreude like this.