Crashing a lot lately

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Boze, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Boze TLP complaint factory

For the last week, it's 100% when:
    1. initially trying to enter the world from character select
    2. every time I /camp

What are things I can check/change/fix?
  2. Boze TLP complaint factory

Crashing almost every time from character select now. Doesn't matter which toon. Ideas? Please?
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

As for (1): where are you camping? If an instance (e.g. guild hall), try camping in a non-instanced zone.

As for (2): how are you camping? If /q or /ex try /camp desktop or /camp server.

What have you changed recently, if anything (ui/chat tabs/drivers, etc.) I'd guess some more but you haven't given a lot of details so that list of guesses would be pretty long.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Sounds like a graphic conflict. I know in the last week there my anti virus program updated so maybe check those permissions are still valid.
    Boze likes this.
  5. Boze TLP complaint factory

Awesome, thank you for the lead; it appears to be fixed now. Think it was a graphic conflict, found a global AMD setting that had gotten flipped on somehow: Surface Format Optimization.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

YES! Its great when the community can solve stuff and get people back in the game. Thanks for posting resolution for future reference:D
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Boze like this.
  7. Boze TLP complaint factory

Well the issue is back and worse. One toon, I can log in but I crash within seconds. If I make it past that, the game also crashes when I camp and there's a high chance of crashing when I zone. How do I troubleshoot crashes for this game?

In my EQ directory there's a "UIErrors.txt" that gets created, but all it contains is: UIErrorLog created at Wed Apr 15 19:59:27 2020

Tried resetting my UI and that didn't do anything.

There's also a "texture.txt" that gets created and has:
    [Wed Apr 15 19:59:43 2020]00000:ResourceManager::CreateTexture(): unable to load "SB_rock01_10n.dds" (not found)

That line in texture gets added each time I log in. Tried validating game assets. What can I do?
  8. Boze TLP complaint factory

Bump. My error line from texture.txt returns extremely few unresolved searches on the googles. I make it into the game successfully maybe 20% of the time.
  9. Boze TLP complaint factory

10. Tyreel Augur

Try searching on windows task bar for "Edit Power Plan" open that then click on Change Advanced Power Settings then change the drop down box to High Performance and click OK
    This will kill battery life if you are using a laptop.

Try installing the full dx9.0c runtime from microsoft at
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=8109

If still crashing try using something like DDU to fully uninstall your graphics driver then reinstalling the most up to date drivers.
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

If none of that works maybe try a fresh install of Everquest.
  11. Boze TLP complaint factory

None of that worked =/
    Going to do a full reinstall, nuke all my UI files... probably time to better organize anyway.
  12. Boze TLP complaint factory

This game, I swear.

I finally completely uninstalled. Fresh install, finishes, click that giant PLAY button on launchpad. Then, a game window pops up and instantly disappears. No error, nothing. Just insta-crash from the beginning. Why is this so damn broken? How am I supposed to troubleshoot a fresh install that gives me no error? No crash logs? Nothing.

Deleted eqclient.ini and it made it through. Amazing.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

So you figured out the problem. Nice going.
    Nennius likes this.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Glad you were able to solve your problem. Thank you for posting your solution. It may help others. It can be very frustrating to have to work through a problem like this.