Starting off as a Ranger

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Boxerpaws, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Boxerpaws New Member

I've always been partial to Rangers but are they a good class to start off with? Best features? Drawbacks?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Karana deity is good so you can do easy fletching, half elf just cause they are cute. No human cause they cant see in the dark. Go with a healer merc in tutorial and do all the fighting up close and let it heal you. Then around level 70 and up is when your headshot will kick in and you will wipe out the mobs, esp lizards. Get your pets, yes we have pets. Swarm doggies. Track is great as is forage so those will help you at lower levels. There is just too much to mention lol
  3. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Get a tank merc and let it level you to the fifties. Once you hit 60, get headshot and find some level 59 mobs you can snare and kite and see what happens.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

Is this a veterans Lounge question or should this have been in the newbie zone? It reads like this might be your first character in EQ which changes the way it can be answered.

As hybrids, Rangers are a versatile class. Snare, root and punt gives rangers the ability to CC. Chain with melee defensives make rangers light tanks, and weapon shield make great for covering a downed tank during rez. Snare, root and endless quiver give rangers the ability to kite. Hybrid heals make rangers good for patch healing or surviving a few hits while kiting.

Overall rangers are a very versatile class.

One thing to consider is that in the beginning of the game rangers are a melee class, but late in the game they become a ranged class. And I mean late in the game, endless quiver is more of a quality of life change than a DPS change when you get it. It's not until later levels where you get AA and etc that bows take over as a primary source of DPS.

I only alt a ranger. I am not the best source of information.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

He did post in the newbie zone before this post - it happens;)
  6. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I can't make heads or tails of your sig.

What specific AA's would be good info for him.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

Not sure how this is relevant to anything but I can help ease your OCD.

The first part of my signature just says "Super Vu~" across a stylized background. I haven't changed the hosting since photobucket changed their policies so it has a watermark. Vu is abbreviated for Vumad and the tilde is a cape. (Super) Vu~ is a nickname that was given to me by my guild leader in Haven's Edge.

The second part is a cropped screen shot from when I was awarded the final piece for my Epic by my raid leader in Haven's Edge.

Well, this doesn't have much of anything to do with his actual question, but sure, I'll answer with that, I guess it is related.

Autogrant. Autogrant is the best way to choose which AA to get for free.
    Celephane likes this.
  8. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

To lazy to do FIX your sig, your picture. (2 water marks of photobucket)
    To lazy to answer questions
    WTF are you here for?
  9. Celephane Augur

WTF are you here for? He helped more than you did, you're the lazy one. Now go away
    Vumad likes this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Some poster's don't have sigs at all. Or even the little icons thingys. Not pointing the finger or anything, after all I don't have one either:D
    Celephane likes this.
  11. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

he has done no such thing.
  12. Celephane Augur

I beg to differ, he offered all of this, while you offered nothing at all, except crap about his signature. It is no wonder you got an account in trouble when you treat people this way.
    Vumad likes this.