Weird money making tips...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Apr 16, 2020.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Anyone have any weird tips they don't want you to know about?

I'll start...

In the anguish era expac, players get tradeable gems for turn in spells. Mages get a turn in spell that gives them ALL their summon weapons and other crap. If you never scribe the spells you can get one rune (I think it was the lesser) and just turn it in over and over and vendor them. I think you make like 600 to 900 pp per lot if you straight up vendor them.
  2. LOLWUT New Member

Idiots that sell gems in the bazaar below vendor price. I've made thousands of plat from it.
    Falconii and Overcast451 like this.
  3. Xeris Augur

Ya it was nice in Kunark when people would sell class plate armor for super cheap in Commons, like 100pp or whatever, and you can just vendor them for 250-275pp.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

On every TLP during Velious, about 30 to 15 days before luclin launches the price of krono peaks.

For every krono you sell in the tunnel, you'll be able to re-buy at a 20% to 45% discount in the first 1 to 2 weeks of luclin in the /bazaar.
  5. Hdizzle Augur

Servers that don't routinely crash.
    Xanathol likes this.
  6. LOLWUT New Member

I feel like I was buying krono at like 3-5k a pop when Luclin dropped on Agnarr.
  7. Dracolindus Journeyman

The Hafling banker in Befallen ?
  8. Kittany Augur

Back in the day I used to farm the spiders deep in Nurga before the fear kite exploit was fixed:p
  9. EQStoptheH8 New Member

I pretend to be a woman And take advantage of male players for plat and items. #dontjudgeme
    Herf, jeskola and eepok like this.
  10. minimind The Village Idiot

I made an enchanter just to run the Stein of Moggok quest over and over and over... and sell each one in the PoK. I made enough to max out jewelcrafting back in the day.
  11. Kutsuu Augur

Truly a classic money making method that's stood the test of time.
    Herf likes this.
  12. Fluid Augur

+1 on Stein of Moggok if it is a new server and and thus the items you need to get it doable. I'm almost afraid to say what I do as the forums have ears and they've already killed several methods of getting the faction you need to run it with a non Enchanter. You really need a porter to make money solo. If I start a character in Misty I hunt honeycomb as most people running the quest will buy them for 2pp. I have to try it with a Wizard one of these days just for something different from my usual scam.

I still start characters in Qeynos just to run the first part of the Faren tackle box quest up to Ironforge turn in. Takes less time to level then putting the beat down on gnoll pups. If you create a SK, you can finish the quest to pick up ~5+ gold per iteration. Nothing but a little swim and a bit of running. For the first part, any character will do and nothing but good faction by stopping at Ironforge.

Once again, early TLP, hunting bears to get thick grizzly skins to tailor into Shaman pouches usually makes ~30pp per. If I find a HQ pelt, I just usually PC vendor that for ~100pp.
    Other suggestion that isn't mine is buy all ruined pelts from vendors and tailor them. You make a couple of gold for every pelt you find just selling the armor to vendors.

Classic frustration are the cash cow Hill giants and Frost giants are perma camped. Just checked it on Mangler this week and wall to wall campers. There is one other place that spawns Frost giants, near bottom of Permafrost. That area is a bit tough to solo even for a level 50 character, but if I was short of cash, that is where I would do it now. I've never seen anyone harvesting them during any period.

If you time it just right, there are a couple of guilds that use the Bouncers in Moggok to level ~level 30. I always start an Ogre of some sort just to pick up the extra 'crude stein' they drop as they are lore so left on corpses.

With all this, I am lucky to clear ~4k pp the first week a tlp is open which is all the money I need. Sometimes I will do some more hunting like spider silks or spiderling silks. I think the lowest I ever sold spider silks for was ~400 pp for 800 silks.

I also usually get lucky with people insisting to tip for ports. That money dries up by PoP but is nice while it lasts.
    eepok likes this.
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Every server I enchant around 100k Large Blocks of Clay and throw them in the bazaar.

By the time the server dies I've usually sold around 20k of it. I don't recommend this strategy.
    SweetLaxTho likes this.
  14. Protagonist Tank

wat.jpg
    Arclyte likes this.
  15. Fluid Augur

The Faren part on Allakhazam has a few mistakes. Graphics has changed to a tackle box. No need to run the dialog. Just dive down and grab the box, then take the dress Faren gives you to Fireprides and hand it in. https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=539

All the faction you get is up if you do those two parts. You gain ~15% of a level per the two turn ins and make 5-10 silver IIRC. If you turn in the second dress to the SK guildmaster he will give you a shield or weapon that can get you 5 gold. I've completed the quest after building faction with the Bloodsabers doing the tackle box part with agnostic Gnome Magician just for shitz and giggles. Gold/pp + level happens fast.

I used to do this years ago to get my Ogre Shaman enough faction to live in S Qeynos. It was also good repair faction for when you got that Bloodsaber guard in N Qeynos mad at you. Kind of pointless to build faction anywhere but a fresh TLP server now. It still makes sense to be the first level 2 Magician on a shard with enough cash to buy your spells. Penny ante but you sleep, you lose.
  16. Protagonist Tank

The wat part was where you said you went to Ironforge.