What is going to happen for us loyal customers?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vack, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Vack Elder

What is going to happen to all the loyal customers? We pay for subs and then our server we pay to play on is horrid. We lose out on progression and loots. We are still paying to play something you are giving others for free and then get punished by having a horrid server.

So Darkpaw is this the plan Holly had before she left? I mean it is a good way to drive folks to other games.

What is going to be done for us the loyal customers?
  2. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

You will keep paying to play and love it. That is all.
  3. spoopy Journeyman

lol

darkpaw hasn't cared about your money or loyalty since Sony days...

of here with that...
  4. Protagonist Tank

In one recent rollback, I lost a Fire flag on one char. I petitioned it. The response was that it was easier for them if I convinced my guild to re-run Fire for me than it was for them to fix the problem. They closed the ticket as resolved.

In another recent rollback, I lost 7 levels and 3 AAs on a different character. I petitioned it. The response I receive stated that they don't bother to correct problems caused by their product's failure if all their paying customers are impacted by the problem equally.

But they did go on to add that maybe there will be bonus XP on the next holiday, and that makes up for it, then closed the ticket as resolved.

So there's your answer.
  5. Tshesebe Lorekeeper

The problem is, the crashes have been so frequent (e.g. SECOND time tonight), that Mangler warrants its own "XP Holiday." This server arguably is one of DPG's best money makers. They can't expect the population of this server to put up with almost daily crashes, resets & rollbacks and still continue to support a product that doesn't make a reasonable attempt to make amends.
  6. PotatoPowa Elder

Inspirational customer service. I see that on their website they have their finger on the pulse of their player base. Like a murderer making sure the body is dead.
  7. Protagonist Tank

You walked away from that story with the wrong message.
  8. Tshesebe Lorekeeper

I walked away from that message with the impression that DPG doesn't give a toss about customer service (specifically for Mangler) but may grant a boon when it's convenient for them.
  9. Ruven_BB Augur

Server crash should reset all lock outs. Shouldn't penalize your customer's with a week lockout for content they couldn't do because you can't keep your servers stable.

Ruven
    Xanathol likes this.
  10. Xiss Journeyman

I lost a whole level of xp and 3 items in one of recent rollbacks. Petitioned and got a reply almost immediately. Items were replaced but xp isn't refunded apparently, I just have to hope for some bonus xp.
  11. Hdizzle Augur

Screenshots are super hard but also helpful : )
  12. spoopy Journeyman

what's gonna happen to loyal customers?

they're going to read your title, put the phone down, and keep laughing with your money in their pockets...albeit, it isn't much...but still laugh knowing your addiction to the game is greater than your willingness to quit.
  13. Beep Elder

They will extend the free to play period another month to reward all paying customers.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Arguably everyone still playing this 21 year old game is a loyal customer.

I empathise with the situation on Mangler, I was playing on Antonius Bayle when that server had several years of lag & crash problems so I can imagine how you feel.

Would be better if DarkPaw could keep the players informed about what is going on, what they are doing to try & tackle the problem & provide some feedback at weekly intervals perhaps to keep players updated on what they are doing to combat the issues but historically that's something DPG is not good at & this probably won't change.

What I do know is that somewhere within DPG there will be a small team of people who are working hard to fix this problem & they are probably more frustrated and annoyed by the constant crashing than you are, hard to believe as that may be.

I'm not being an apologist here, the situation with Mangler is pretty lousy & really needs to be fixed already, and the communication could be a whole lot better but they aren't ignoring the problem, that would be bad for business.
    eepok and Bullsnooze like this.
  15. Beep Elder

This. Rest assured that people troubleshooting this problem for weeks are more frustrated than you could possibly imagine.
    Bullsnooze likes this.
  16. jeskola pheerie

I agree with the one called Ruven.
  17. jeskola pheerie

You don't know that somewhere within DPG there is a small team doing this or that. You don't work for DPG. Stop acting like you have insider info. Stop making excuses for DPG at every turn. We get it - you are here to constantly white knight for them. You can stop now.
  18. That0neguy Augur

Arguably any team here is a small team. It for sure fits the 2 pizza rule.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Bullsnooze Augur

All you really need is experience working in a company that provides a service to the public to understand that Skuz is probably correct. Darkpaw most certainly has a 'war room' strategy to deal with this crap.
    eepok likes this.
  20. That0neguy Augur

Lol what? No one sets up a 'war room' for an issue like this. This issue has been going on for months if not years. I am sure they had some type of war room setup for the outages during the patches last week. But servers randomly crashing? Yea they probably have that set as a P4 ticket in Jira.