Congrats RA, ROTE and SR!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maedhros, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Maedhros High King

What has happened to our community that has caused it to slide down from where it was last year with all the positivity and camaraderie and congratulatory posts for beating Mearatas?
    No-body has bothered to post to congratulate the 3 other guilds not named ROI that waded through knee deep BS to beat those T3 raids last night.

Don't be shy guys, you are allowed to be salty about how T3 raids went, I know I sure am despite a favorable outcome. That doesn't mean you can't show some support to the guilds that were able to make it happen last night.

Congrats Reckless Ascension, Return of the Exiled and Silent Redemption for having the perseverance and flexibility to bob and weave through all the artificial challenges posed by the server instabilities after that ill-timed patch this week! You were able to stand back up after getting knocked down over and over, and get the job done.

I normally loathe self-congratulatory posts and avoid them at all costs, but apparently a lot of people are in the midst of joking to death on all the salt and incapable of posting something.
    jiri_, Xtaz, Bartleby and 23 others like this.
  2. Mintalie Augur

Your post coincided exactly with a post I just made in the RoI grats thread. You're absolutely right. Thanks for the post.
    jiri_ and Kurage_of_Luclin like this.
  3. Findawenye Journeyman

Gratz to you 3... but you missed MS who also beat all three T3 raids last night.
  4. enclee Augur

Grats to those 3, it’s definitely a lot of persistence to deal with the game’s instability.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  5. Mintalie Augur

That wasn't a miss.
  6. Maedhros High King

They didn't post on EGL, I wasnt aware that they beat em. I thought they canceled raids til Sunday in protest?
  7. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

You always have time to tuen in the winning lottery ticket to claim your reward. Just because we didn’t doesnt mean anything.

Also yes, congratulations are in order for ALL guilds that completed the raids. We will raid sunday, just half will have lockouts for T3.
    Jennre and Maedhros like this.
  8. Sancus Augur

Valhallah finished T3 at 20:46:01 Pacific, if anyone is curious.
    Kuvani, jiri_, bob2 and 5 others like this.
  9. Maedhros High King

Somebody wake up Mykalla so we can see where this all shook out!
  10. Mintalie Augur

Agreed!
  11. RPoo Augur

Congrats everyone for logging in, waiting, sticking it out, kicking butt* sorry, sticking it out again, going back at it. Not daybreak's best expansion release but we'll all get through it together. Hopefully they learn from their mistakes and the next one shines eternal hope.
    Mintalie, Robnie and Jhenna_BB like this.
  12. Odiiusx Elder

Grats on your win guys and gals. That was one painful day yesterday for sure.
  13. Jondalar Augur

Gratz all!
  14. Cicelee Augur

Congratulations to RA, ROTE, SR and Valhallah (and to whomever else I missed, sorry) for completing T3 last night!

To answer your first question, I think maybe reason why you did not see the congratulatory posts like you did with Mearatas was because in the case of Mearatas, that was truly a challenging and extremely difficult raid for the majority of guilds out there- one of the hardest events in the game when first released (and even now can wipe guilds that have defeated it multiple times in the past). A guild that persevered for weeks and months, wiping multiple times on multiple nights during the week, with character deaths in the hundreds (maybe even thousands) for some characters truly felt the elation and joy when they finally had everything come together and won that event. It was truly a congratulatory moment.

The perseverance that guilds had to experience last night was a server lockout of several hours. Compared to what guilds persevered with Mearatas, it is truly pennies to c-notes.

This is not a knock on those guilds. Not at all. I know quite a few in those guilds, and consider some to be EQ friends. I am just trying to provide an answer to the question. I could be right, I could be wrong. I don't know. But I threw a dart at the dartboard, so to speak...
    jiri_, Ssdar and Jhenna_BB like this.
  15. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

16. Metanis Bad Company

Inverse Logic just finished T3 tonight.

We tried a few attempts last night after servers came up... but I needed my beauty sleep!

So we got some rest and spanked the golems on our 3rd attempt tonight.
    jiri_, Elyssanda, Goburs and 7 others like this.
  17. Xeladom Augur

18. kizant Augur

Good job friends.
    Sancus and Renotaki like this.
  19. Maedhros High King

MAN, you sure put me in my place new member.
    Its interesting that I can look at your recent postings in these forums and find the following gem.
    You're right, I am the dork here.
    Bravo bud.
    FawnTemplar and Duder like this.
  20. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

now now maehdros, save your snark for the people who deserve it... like cailen.
    Elyssanda and Goburs like this.