Please do not implement code you can not support

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Shadix, Apr 17, 2020.

1. tofu stir fry Augur

armchair critics make for great reading, keep it up folks ! yeah it sucks that the servers (specifically mangler) are burping so much. it also sucks that the current state of affairs in the world can limit opportunities for fixing them. but any amount of griping on here isnt gonna fix the servers ... it does make for great reading while at work . i commend you all.

thank you
  2. Spayce Augur

This isn't due to current state of affairs in the world. This is how this dev team operates at all time.

What's funny is that when I suggest this dev team isn't competent enough to handle big changes like charm balancing and a Necro DoT revamp, I get rebuffed by fanbois defending this dev team...and a warning for insults.

Then this dev team reliably comes out with stuff like this and proves me right. There is a reason these guys are working on a dead game based on obsolete tech...nobody else will hire them.

Thanks for being consistent!
  3. Beep Elder

Never seen someone this mad about not having the EQ they want. Hope your day gets better man.
  4. Bullsnooze Augur

The reason you get flak thrown back at you is because you're wrongfully insulting people. I don't know the structure at Darkpaw, but in the real world dev teams typically don't make decisions on game direction (features, bugs, etc.). They just develop the idea of their 'product manager, owner, or director'. This person (or group of people) are not typically engineers, but have a very technical understanding of their product. They work very closely with their dev teams to implement the features, ideas, and so on. I believe JChan is now in a very similar role.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The flak you got was entirely warranted, if you are going to level accusations based off nothing more than a bad mood & with no factual information to support them then quite a lot of forum users will take issue with that.

I'm no fanboi and am perfectly happy to level accusations at the devs myself where there's a clear omission of something fundamental or where decisions were clearly rushed or where wider easily understood ramifications were not considered but I am dead set against the kind of baseless accusations some put forward which are little more than nasty slander.

By all means attack poor decisions or bad implementations, you are entitled to say you hate particular features or the way something was done, but attacking the devs professionalism or technical skills is just ignorance & is really being personally offensive.
    Bullsnooze and Kittany like this.