New class, why aren't more upset?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vicus, Apr 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

All indications are likely. (insert magic 8-ball image here)
  2. xxGriff Augur

/sigh that was a rabbit hole I wish I had not investigated. TBH, it just appears the OP wants a "new EQ". When EQ went from DX8 to 9c and new models, I guess that began the dream of happily ever after. new class? to what end? to appease someone who may be bored? it is an enterprise, it has its strengths and limits. the game is what it is and trying to make it into something else usually dilutes the attraction say nothing of the actual enjoyment of playing. I have played since March 1999 and there are still things I have not done, explored and may not know about. I don't desire another class. I do desire what we have to work and the time to enjoy the content, classes and lore. to the OP, I am reluctant to advocate this but, I think you just need to find another game that "suits" your wants, or go ahead and build one yourself. there is always room for MMO's of all types and categories.
    Prepared and Celephane like this.
  3. Vicus Augur

I agree, but if they don't have time to do this then they need another coder (kickstarter...pay the salary of a coder for 2 years)...they would make the quota.
  4. Vicus Augur

I do play other games and I still love EQ for what it is. I just don't understand why everyone just accepts that there is no room for improvement for this game? It's old yes but they are still implementing things like Overseer and heroic characters ect. I am not unhappy that the game is still supported, just confused by WHAT they are supporting? Overseer was sold to us as a way to help players catch up to established players. Not what we got. They spent months working on changes to class escape abilities and what became of it is nothing anyone asked for. Made many of them useless. They changed how raids are released and that is going well for them. Just seems a lot of time and energy is being spent on things that DO not generate revenue and ignores the player-base, and in turn the player base ..says whelp guess that's OK because at least we have EQ. If you suggest anything like...could we have a new class, new housing area, epic 3.0, bug fixes, class balance, ect the community goes into defensive mode and says it can't be done because 1 dev said so years ago. This thread has made me realize how beat down this community is when it comes to expectations.
    enclee likes this.
  5. redline Lorekeeper

They should have info from eqoa, called a alchemist. A plate wearing aoe caster that throws potions at everything.
  6. xxGriff Augur

Your arguments are not well formulated and often based on anecdotal observations, you insist on calling data. your argument that "we" as a community are "beat down" is at best, specious and, insulting. Maybe cut down on the Bloomberg news? Just because I and/or others completely disagree with your assumptions and conclusions does not indicate anything other than our views. Yet, you seem to insist on "being right" for the sake of your argument and dare I say ego. there are very real differences between new and improved. please cease your supercilious dismissals and faulty models in effort to build a "win" for your arguments. it is also not a good idea to come here and tell us we are essentially lemmings and have no original thoughts and our reasons for liking and playing EQ for 21 years needs to be qualified/quantified to you. if you dont like EQ... find another game instead of telling us how small and docile you seem to regard us.
    Celephane likes this.
  7. Lukke New Member

8. Elkar Headhunter Elder

9. Aethervox New Member

Umm, there aren't enough races & classes in EQ? Which MMORPG has more or better ones than here? Let us all know when you find something better.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.