I Don't Always Forget....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Namde, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Namde Augur

to claim the monthly DB coin. But when I do, its a week+ later. Lol, sigh.
    Xanumbik, xxGriff, enclee and 2 others like this.
  2. Buri Augur

Monthly coin should be auto-granted, we shouldn't have to remember to claim it. That's like having a job, and they won't pay you unless you actually go ask for your paycheck.
    We PAY for those coins, why is it up to us to collect them?
    svann, Brilhasti, Xanumbik and 4 others like this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Auto granting 500 DBC every month for paid accounts is a feature that is long overdue...it was moronic to force people to claim something they've already paid for to begin with.

I'm tired of ghosts of "The Vision" preventing common sense changes in this game.
    Andarriel, Dilquan, xxGriff and 2 others like this.
  4. Xyphen Maximum Augur

TIL DBG gives free DBC.

Thanks OP.
  5. Chorus Augur

it was auto-granted originally, it needs to go back to that.
  6. Greml New Member

Nope. Not how it works. It is part of your all access membership. You literally pay for it.

It's a crappy marketing gimmick that many companies use in everything that makes you be more active, look in certain areas, and hope you'll spend a bit more money.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. GoldenFrog Augur

It helps when you remember that mmo's are geared around getting you to log in and stay logged in.

From sitting for Spire ports for 10 minutes to having to log in once a month to claim your DBG or 3 times a day for overseer.

So many suggestions folks make go away from this model. "Why don't they just make it so I don't have to log in, or spend more time online to remember to do all the different things to do...."
  8. xxGriff Augur

The issue is that it was auto granted, along with the LoN cards. Now we have to claim it, and I strongly suspect it is to nudge you to spend more cash on market cash, when you have either forgotten to "claim" and/or you are that small amount short of an item in the marketplace. in any case, if you sub, it should be auto-granted, just like loyalty.
    Herf and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

There is no free DBC it is paid for as part of the subscription. Know it was mentioned had to mention it again. I have called it free myself but it isn't really.
  10. DaciksBB Augur

I've gone months in a row forgetting to claim it and then being able to claim multiple at once
  11. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Can't you guys just let me have this one? I'm trying to brainwash myself into thinking that they actually appreciate me for tolerating their poor performance this month.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

To quote the great Danny Vermin... "I did that once. Once!" ;)

I agree it's silly to have to go through the motions to claim it, but I think they want people to see the specials, hoping they will bite, and increase sales.

It would be in their interest to allow you to claim months which you forgot about, since they might generate more sales, then, as well. And not create ill will with their customers.
  13. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

At some point when this was introduced, I thought we were told that having to claim it monthly instead of just getting it was due to some Europe laws/tax situation/pick something else. Maybe the 500 SC would have been taxed if just given?

Like many things, it was long enough ago that I don't have a clear memory and I couldn't find anything on a (very) cursory search.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

And that argument is, and always has been, utter bullcrap. Why should Daybreak/Darkpaw give one stinking flip if I log in every day in a month, or not at all? Either way, I'm still paying for it...they've already got my money.

If I pay for a 1 year membership, that means I've paid for the 500 DBC a month that goes with it...whether I log in or not. Forcing someone to log in to "claim" something they've already paid for is garbage.
  15. Herf Augur

Well if it's not free, if it's paid for (which it is) then it should be deposited in our account.

The only gotcha here, which would piss people off no matter how it's implemented, is that we're always offered those 3 'free' XP pots instead of the 500 points. Which requires a decision. But they could just say "if you claim it you get the choice, if you ignore it then the points just rollover to your account when they would previously expire."
  16. GoldenFrog Augur

You can't be so ignorant as to not believe using a service is valuable. When the credit card statement comes and you/wife say: "Hm, what's DBG" the answer can NOT be "Oh, I haven't logged into that in 3 months".

It's the reason Netflix and EVERY OTHER SERVICE out there sends you reminder emails and "Hello how are you" emails and texts and reminders that they are something to keep checking in with. "Why do they have to? I've already got a subscription."

Heck, even Audible has these bloody achievements for checking in every day, or listening 10 min a day or... dozens more. Why? They already have my subscription.

Or you can believe you are way smarter about business models than every single one of these other successful businesses.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

Not sure on the coins. But I assume they would like you to log in even if you're already paid up. Because that means you are engaged and may pay up next time. (And you also populate the servers and help keep others logging in, even if it's only to disagree with you)
  18. Aethervox New Member

If you buy a subscription then you are going to play for some hours I would think so is it that difficult to remember to check the 'DB' icon once a month & receive your bonus cash? & if you forget is that such a big loss? I don't think so as most of the items for purchase are ornamental (give little or no benefit).
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Has no one ever seen the posts by the players who forgot to use their Krono on time to pay for their account? "I was only a day off!"

It doesn't matter if its collecting the DBC or paying on a monthly basis - people just don't remember even though they log into the game frequently.

Is this DPG fault? No.

Once you claim it then it can stay banked forever.

I guess this must be the next automatic "gimmie" now that everyone gets all Veteran rewards;)
  20. svann Augur

If someone hasnt logged in for 3 months they arent interested, and if they log in just to claim coin thats not going to change it.