Gratz RoI

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Scornfire, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

As one of those people that will continue to point out how dumb this "race" is, maybe MS can just let it die after yesterday's embarrassment? I'm not just talking about your embarrassment but of the way the developers of this game must feel. Thank you btw devs for sticking it out and getting the game back up. You all had a rough day and it is appreciated.

The only reason this race is still even spoken about is because of you guys and your obsession to beat RoI. You all never give RoI any credit. You make excuses for why they beat you, instead of giving such credit. It makes the rest of the players look down at you because of the poor behavior and spoiled sport attitudes you carry as we all read the tantrums you throw on these boards.

Congrats to the guilds that finished well despite the lag and server crash yesterday. You put in the effort, that's all you can really do. I can't help but feel the victory is hollow, given that consistent performers in this "race" chose not to raid on an off day. I applaud that. Those guilds recognize how meaningless this "race" really is. Due to Covid 19, I assure you this will be the last time we appear as high in these skewed rankings. If yesterday wasn't a scheduled raid day for us, we'd be part of the Sunday crowd. I hope the servers are all steady for that. :)

It's time to stop paying for Elite Gamer Lounge, whoever is fitting the bill. The race is dead, Jim. /Kirk out!
    Cicelee, Thrillho, Belexes and 9 others like this.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I assure you, Robnie speaks for me and for most of RA. Not all Guild/Raid leaders are created equal! :)
    Proximoe, Bartleby, Gabrieles and 2 others like this.
  3. Cadira Augur

Yeap. We tried a ballsy strat of burning the last dude down and accidently mezzed the adds and got over run. An all guts no glory move we knew would cost us the race if we failed but otherwise would have given us a good lead potentially.

If we did it legit and remembered the Mez thing I'm sure we'd be fine. Aow seemed like a joke compared to beta once we got all that gear
  4. Elkar Headhunter Elder

Yes we did. We attempted something that we all knew before hand would potentially put us in first or place us as far back as 10th. We gambled and it cost us and once we dusted off we slow rolled it just like everyone else and beat it handily.

Pano he just like me fully intended to do it on Sunday but when servers came up enough people were wanting to go that a lot of us reluctantly joined and we downed it with 44 people I think it was.
  5. Cadira Augur

As mentioned, there's one person and only one I know obsessed with beating roi. I strive to beat them, but don't expect to ever. You'll notice several of our members DO give them credit every year, so that's an out right fabrication.

I think the real obsession is hating allayna and wanting to hate all of Ms because of his and only opinion that he shares vehemently on these boards.
  6. Bartleby Journeyman

Agreed, we will never have that "Pre nerf Mearatas Run" Guess we will just have to stick with not Wiping to AOW or Derakor.... and taking your #2 spot.
  7. Bartleby Journeyman

Listen I don't hate all MS people, in fact I kinda like most of you... Your memes are typically HOT FIRE.........
    Admittedly I don't like the Whining and excuses Your "Leader" makes....
    Funky and RPoo like this.
  8. Bartleby Journeyman

BTW, the feeling is shared, I mentioned the name Cadira in our discord, and it was pretty much overwhelmingly "Cad's pretty cool and funny"
    We get it, you gotta defend your guy. You wouldn't BELIEVE how much of my time is spent defending Robnie LOL

Bart to apps- "He's just a little QUIRKY that's all! I promise he will grow on you! Like Mushrooms!.... Now, let's go do mushrooms"
    Funky, RPoo, Jhenna_BB and 1 other person like this.
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You probably couldn't be more correct. The credit posts likely get lost in all the noise. Honestly, you're one of the most likeable players in MS. I think most would agree. I don't know why you and the other upstanding citizens in MS put up with it. It puts a taint on things you simply do not deserve.

PS we are recruiting clerics! Sorry I had too. :)
    Funky, RPoo, Belexes and 1 other person like this.
  10. Cadira Augur

I agree man...

OMG why in the world did I come up - although it's good to hear I'm liked!
    RPoo, DaciksBB and Jhenna_BB like this.
  11. Bartleby Journeyman

I don't have an answer for that that makes us look less like total nerds that are reading and discussing the forums in the middle of the day on a Friday.... So Uh... "Co-vid has us bored"
    Cadira likes this.
  12. feeltheburn Augur

btw...didn't wipe to Derakor but anyways, grats on your accomplishment and lets just drink beer and kill crap now that the debacle is over......btw Grats to ROI for getting it done again....I try too to be a likeable MS person :)
    Jennre, RPoo, Renotaki and 3 others like this.
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Allayna posts some incredibly rude things to both Daybreak and the community. He deserves every bit of flack he gets. I don't dislike MS at all, just the garbage that comes from your guild leader at times. He says he's a nurse? Hopefully his bedside manner is the opposite of how he comes across on here.
    Tarvas, RPoo, Funky and 3 others like this.
  14. Caeelar Journeyman

Isn't a race to finish content you have already done in beta kinda like starting at the finish line?
  15. MrDudeGuy New Member

BUSTED!

It's pretty clear that all of the rage displayed yesterday is because they were well on their way to finishing 5th anyways.

GG
    Mintalie likes this.
  16. Mintalie Augur

I support your amended post. ;)

But, yeah, exactly what you said. Their posts are still gagging on the implication that they would have come in second had they not taken a "risk" and it's just so GD disingenuous it makes me puke. Worst sore losers I've ever witnessed.

I'm impressed AF at the guilds who beat SR. Well done all of you.
  17. Baradorn Lorekeeper

Grats RoI.
    It sucks that the euro guild got the short end of the stick on the yesterday server downtime disaster T3 release day. We were ready to raid for 6 pm CET (the scheduled time), first downtime happening, 10:00 pm CET was too late for the guild to start raiding. Not speaking of the 2nd downtime, with servers that would have went back online at 4 am CET....
    Let's be honest, we would not have beaten RoI if we could had raided, but we could have certainly stand our chance for the rest of the top 2-5 spots.
  18. Odiiusx Elder

Grats RoI on another year of #1
  19. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

just stop mint.....
  20. Magickon Augur

Mint has never swung and missed apparently.