Bsts from 100 - 115

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Kalipto, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Kalipto Augur

Hi fellow bsts! I'm thinking about coming back to the Phinny server which is going to unlock level 101 in May 2020.

I'm curious how the beast has done in the 100-115 level span. I'm interested in all play styles as I'm sure I'll find myself soloing, definitely grouping, and definitely raiding. How do we do in these areas?

I assume right at 101 beserkers are incontestable dps. Is that the case? Do we ever close the gap? Are we always mana starved to be competitive dps or do we get the tools to sustain solid dps in a group?

Thanks!
  2. Eyezing Lorekeeper

Depending on factors like fight time and number of mobs up at the same time, we can compete for #1 DPS. At least that's been my experience... Whether that speaks more of other DPS slacking or me doing well, its debatable
    Kalipto likes this.
  3. Kalipto Augur

Thanks for the feedback. I had similar results back when I last played. I could top a parse, but only if other dps wasn't really trying. Which isn't the worst thing =)
  4. Roxas MM Augur

max level on phinny is already 105.
    I am not topping parses, but then, we're not a pure dps class. If 1 day i do get a group in raid with a full support ( yea, i can dream ) then i will top 5 np though.
    but then, there's so much more to a beastlord then being top dps. We can both solo and molo better then most classes. In the end, it all comes down to the player though.
  5. Daedly Augur

The "with full support" thing has me thrown back. It's probably my selfish Zerker point of view, but I consider a Beastlord a support class lol.

Anyways, I take it there is a different Beastlord that gets put with a zerker, bard, and shaman?
  6. Roxas MM Augur

i said i can dream :).
    If i am lucky though and land in a dps group with both a bard and sham ( sadly, pretty rare for us these days, since both bards and shams are a bit shy to log on or something ) i will put out competitive dps. Lately we did gain some more beastlords though ( people returning from breaks ) so there's a bit more choice for beasts to be put in the dps groups. 1 thing more i'd like to note, phinny is in TDS, so beastlords dont have dycho yet, which will come in TBM ( in 2 months ). Then i am sure we will be in the melee dps groups forever.
  7. Tucoh Augur

Yeah, once Beastlords get Dichotomic Fury in TBM they're the best melee ADPS class and are hugely valuable.

[49297/2652] Dichotomic Fury 6
    Classes: BST/250
    Skill: Abjuration
    Target: Single
    Range: 300'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 6s
    Duration: 12s+ (2 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Pet Chance to Flurry by 92%
    2: Decrease Damage Shield Taken by 85
    3: Increase Chance to Flurry by 38%
    4: Increase Pet Chance to Rampage by 25%
    5: Increase Current Endurance by 1176
    6: Decrease Weapon Delay by 33.8%
    8: Increase Current Mana by 4012
    9: Increase Current HP by 11038
    Text: You are imbued with dichotomic fury.
  8. fortuneteller Augur

Is there actually any reason to get the tbl version of the df ?
    is it not just more expensive casting and no advantages ?
  9. Tucoh Augur

A lot of beastlords stick with the TBM version and eschew the TBL one. I can't comment on it besides what you've already said.

[58244/2752] Dissident Fury 6
    Classes: BST/250
    Skill: Abjuration
    Target: Single
    Range: 300'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 6s
    Duration: 12s+ (2 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Pet Chance to Flurry by 92%
    2: Decrease Damage Shield Taken by 89
    3: Increase Chance to Flurry by 38%
    4: Increase Pet Chance to Rampage by 25%
    5: Increase Current Endurance by 1149
    6: Decrease Weapon Delay by 33.8%
    8: Increase Current Mana by 4215
    9: Increase Current HP by 12170
    Text: You are imbued with dissident fury.