So, no one is going to mention the mount buff "change"?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Volka, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Xeris Augur

JK the message says "Disabled" but it's still enabled
  2. Gaunt New Member

No but you can be wiped off too. :D
  3. Herf Augur

I was just in game...one guy who said he knows his HP with the buff says it's still there...so maybe if you have the buff it stays. Just don't click it off. Fortunately on the one account of mine that bought the Worg, the toons on that account still have the buff on, I never needed to click it off to make space for other buffs.

The scientist in me is suggesting I click the buff off my gimpy ranger to confirm what's what...but so far I haven't worked up the nerve. He needs all the HP he can get :)

I can say that if you transfer the Worg mount via your shared bank, and use a new toon, there is no more buff generated, although the Worg is at least still a fast mount.

So, yes, DayPaw just stole money from us who paid cash dollars for that mount when it was still available. It's particularly bully-like because I don't recall any advance notice being given that the good mounts were going to be removed from the store; nor was there any inkling that the existence of that mount in the store was an out of era mistake; so we few who bought the mounts did so in good faith.

Now, we're ripped off. It's a really bush league move by DayPaw. I don't like bullies or thieves, and the company just acted like both.
    Gaunt likes this.
  4. Korthos New Member

I did this yesterday (and just now) for the sake of science. I watched my alt lose 250HME as I clicked the buff off. and it hasn't come back. So no it doesn't stay like an AA clicky would stay.
    Kardinal and Herf like this.
  5. Herf Augur

Korthos, thank you for your sacrifice and reporting back on this.
  6. Kardinal Lorekeeper

That might be a valid reason, no problem, but then I'd like to get the money back for the DBC I spent on this (I bought quite a few of those mounts).
    Gaunt and Herf like this.
  7. Valencia Lorekeeper

Can we get some clarification on the mount buff? If indeed the buff is being removed, then Daybreak needs to reimburse that station cash back - because they advertised it with a buff, they sold it with a buff, and if they are taking it away - they should reimburse folks the station cash they spent on the mount.
    Herf likes this.
  8. Kengh New Member

I haven't purchased any mounts so I cant say this personally has effected me. However for everyone elses sake I hope this is just a mistake and they are addressing it. They should at least give a heads up if they are going to do that. This may just be the optimist in me but hopefully it was a mistake and they are addressing it.
    Herf likes this.
  9. Xeris Augur

If you were on Agnarr, that was me. My fully buffed HP was 13,549... and I still had 13,549 today, despite the text on the Azia buff saying it was "disabled until House of Thule." I also tried to move the mount over to my lvl 1 bazaar mule and click it, and no buff. So FOR SURE, if you currently have the buff, you're set. If you click it off, or try to click it for the first time... you're outta luck.

PSA: don't click the buff off.

This applies to Agnarr only, I don't know about any other servers. Also PS: I hope they give this buff back... really sucks to have spent money on it to no longer be able to get the buff for new characters/alts.
    Herf likes this.
  10. Ragnarokkar New Member

With all of the nerfs they've been adding for a while now, stealth or otherwise, that seem to affect Agnarr more than other servers it almost seems like they're trying to get people to quit playing Agnarr. Almost like they want an excuse to shut the server down without pissing off the paying customers that still play there.
    Herf likes this.
  11. LOLWUT New Member

This isn't the first time they have done this. Agnarr got worg mounts in Luclin, had the buff then. When Selos was announced to start in Luclin I spent $100 in preparation of buying four mounts. With no announcement at all they did not give Selos the worg mounts, or mounts at all. I held on to my DBC for a while until I gave in and "gambled" it all on crates and got 3 mounts that I sold for 30 krono. I won in the long run, but it really kind of spoiled the launch of Selos for me.

It doesn't surprise me at all they tried to slip this in unnoticed. Might as well take it and move on, I doubt it will get fixed.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

I believe Selo did have them, but only for a very brief amount of time which is when they noticed a ton of lvl 1s running around with +250hp/mana and decided to remove them until GoD.
  13. Herf Augur

Clearly I'm not enough of a power gamer. I just bought the mount for my higher lvl shaman because of the buff and because I wanted a mount to sit on so I could med when XP'ing. Clearly what I should have done is started my little wizard on that account. He would have ruled the world :)
  14. Kardinal Lorekeeper

Indeed.
    First thing on any new char I made was to get a mount and click for the buff.
    Temp + mount buff = 1k+ HP extra :)
    Herf likes this.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

Hmm 2 other threads including the old one where they said the miunts were being added during God have now poofed. Not even locked just ninja deleted.
  16. Herf Augur

Yeah, I had one thread deleted right out from under my while posting a follow up.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

Probably breaks some rule where you can't have more than 1 thread about a topic, yet all the other multi threads get to stay because its people fighting with each other not mad at them
  18. Lateryn Augur

Please. Brand new account made on the day you post and claiming you were going to sub 3 accounts on a dead server but now wont because of a change you had no clue was even there until reading this thread. Your post is so full of it and an empty threat.
  19. C3lowz Augur

A struggling game company: What should we do to increase player happiness and bring more life into the game?
    A struggling game company: Do some stupid stuff
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur