Dreamweaver please

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chopin.Xegony, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcebergDX Lorekeeper

And like so many people, they mis-interpret what that ACTUALLY means. You DO have the right to say what you want, when you want, and how you want. But you also have the right to have to deal with the repercussions of your actions On a webpage, paid for and put up by a business, they have the RIGHT to set the rules that it operates under, and if you chose to violate those rules, they have the RIGHT to remove the offensive communications, and if needed, remove the offender. You CAN get arrested for what you say, and the US Supreme Court ruled on it almost a century ago. The precedent includes the point that speech is not protected if it is the effect of shouting fire in a crowded theater.

You want to attack the CM personally, deal with the consequences. To put it bluntly, either play by the rules, or carry the f%&k down the road smartly and go away.

Not a fan of DPW, but sick and tired of the entitled generation thinking that there is no possible penalty for not controlling their mouths (or in this case fingers) when they speak their mind without using their mind first.
  2. dreamweaver Community Manager

Alright well that was fun.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

We acutally got this if you read the news and announcements section.
  4. Chopin.Xegony Augur

So before this thread got completely derailed I was hoping that there would be some kind of response from the company to the community after all the issues that have plagued our ability to enjoy the service we are paying for. I'm not asking for free stuff or anything a gesture could be something like unwinding an unpopular nerf, spending time dedicated to mitigating the lag situation or any number of things. Just asking for some show of loyalty from the company to the player base that has shown so much loyalty to EQ.
  5. IcebergDX Lorekeeper

Actually, no, we did not. All it was is an acknowledgement of the issue, not any form of eta, including a "it will be up tomorrow at X time." That is the issue, if they even said "We will post an update at 6 PM PDT" that would be better than what we have.
  6. Zunnoab Augur

How can an update be posted with an estimate if they don't have one?
  7. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

In short...your rights end where everyone else's begin. Also, I think he wants you off his lawn.
  8. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Yeah! How can we criticize them for missing a deadline if they do not set one? Oh...nevermind.

Seriously...if they knew exactly what was up...server probably would not be down.
  9. IcebergDX Lorekeeper

At least an update acknowledges that there are people looking for answers. If that update is "We are still troubleshooting, we will post another update at 8PM PDT." Thats a lot better than an information vacuum.
  10. ArtremasEQ Augur

Love it when people mis-quote things like the first amendment to construct a straw man argument for own gain. It only says what he thinks it does, if you leave out MOST OF THE WORDS.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

DPG <> Congress. They can absolutely censor you in their 'space' being these forums.

Oops....
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Dream actually explained what the issue was. ETAs can only be proviced when they have an ETA. Funny how that works.

In my opinion Dreamweaver has consistently shared information when they were able to. Far more then we used to get for years in my opinion.
    Jennre likes this.
  12. svann Augur

Technically it IS about freedom of speech. Which they CAN limit.
    What it is NOT about is the 1st amendment.
  13. xmPradah Not a dude

Sorry, I disagree with this OP completely. You've been playing for almost 21 years, and "this" is the straw? Come on, now...
    True problem #1: your expectations. You only deserve updates as they are relevant and available, period. You're not 12 anymore, and don't need hour-by-hour updates of what you can and can't do.
    True problem #2: the thought that today's EQ developers (and other support staff) somehow, magically, have the same PERSONAL investment in this game that you do. I'm not saying many don't, but don't expect they all do. Even more so, don't expect that they are perfect and will get their coding (and communication) right the first time, every time. Do you think they want to take servers down? That they want customers to get pissed? They want their work to fail? Trust me, they do NOT. They also don't deserve to be battered for it.

I'm not even going to bother with the Bill of Rights comments... Good Lord.
  14. Returing Ron New Member

Howdy, it would seem the servers have been down for going on a full day now. Am I correct in my assumption? I just returned last week and wanted to know how often this happens? I know things happen, but I remember there being maintenance every month or so. Just wanted to know what to expect.
  15. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

They are currently investigating the first case of human to computer COVID-19 transmission. Probably going to have to quarantine the servers and all the computers that connected to them.
    Goburs likes this.
  16. Redsumm Journeyman

Quick aside: You are not wrong. To add to it, SCOTUS has used the 14th Amendment to apply a number of earlier Amendments, such as the 1st, to the States (and local governments) as well.
  17. Dazzler Twodirks Lorekeeper

Considering how severe the issue is, has anyone been to the physical servers to see if a rodent hasn't been chewing on the wires while the building is closed?
  18. Jondalar Augur

Wait what is the issue this time? I don't see that.
  19. svann Augur

The issue is the servers are down. Try to keep up!
    /s
    Chopin.Xegony likes this.
  20. dreamweaver Community Manager

This thread has gone wildly off track.
    Andarriel and Jhenna_BB like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.