'You have been disconnected' screen never goes away

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Mukkul, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Mukkul Augur

All the servers just went down at 04/16/2020 06:58 AM PDT. When that happened, I got the "YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED." black screen. But it just stays there and never continues, never closes, does not give an option to close the game. The only way to close the game is with Windows Task Manager. After that, I could restart the game and get to server select where it showed me what the actual problem was (all servers being down).

The game should automatically go to server select, and/or give you a button to close the running game, without having to resort to Task Manager.

[IMG]
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea I had to alt ctrl del to close eq it wouldn't go away either.

Andarriel
  3. Mennegroth New Member

On all 3 of my machines ctrl-alt-del doesn't close it. You get the blue screen to select the task manager, but when you click on task manager it goes back to the black 'disconnected' screen. I had to forcefully power down all 3 computers.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If you all just wait till servers are back up then it will make the connection on the back end to clear this message, its just connecting to the last thing that was transmitted
  5. Muvien Falzalot New Member

I had the same issue. I was able to bring up the Task Manager Window with the Ctrl-Alt-Delete but it would not stay in the foreground. The only way I could get the game to close was to hold my mouse over the icon in the taskbar for Task Manager so that the Task Manager window was visible, and while the window was visible, using the arrow keys to highlight the Eqgame application and then use the Alt-E to select the End Task command. Moving the mouse off of the icon in the taskbar would take me back to the 'You have been disconnected screen' so you need to keep the mouse on the icon while doing the keystrokes.
    Hope this is helpful for others.
  6. Mennegroth New Member

That may be true but it renders my 3 PC's useless for the duration of the downtime, which as of now has been hours, so I don't really see that as a good alternative.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Once again I misunderstood - I thought that you were able to ctrl alt delete thru task manager and get rid of it, didn't understand it was stuck on your screen - even when you restart computer?
  8. lockjaws Augur

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?
  9. svann Augur

Ive noticed through the years that windows has trouble with crashes that unexpectedly terminate connection, often requiring a hard reboot.
  10. Madeni Elder

CTRL+ALT+Delete then sign-out of windows and sign back in to restart EQ, you can do that as soon as you see the message "You have been disconnected"
  11. Hegsheoshed Augur

12. Hegsheoshed Augur

Ok I finally got the screen where I had to restart. Could not even use alt+f4.
  13. Komm New Member

Very tired. Forgot I was looking at this thread.

Spent about 10 seconds trying to disconnect off the screenshot.
    Lilybeme likes this.
  14. Mennegroth New Member

That's what I ended up doing to get rid of it. Hold the power button down for 5 seconds and do a hard shutdown. It's annoying but it works :)
  15. Mukkul Augur

I wonder if this is primarily an issue when all the servers suddenly go down at once?

Cazic server crashed briefly yesterday (just that one server), and the "You have been disconnected" screen did not stay stuck that time. Two accounts sent to server select where it showed the server was locked, another account got a timeout error.