Dreamweaver please

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Chopin.Xegony, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chopin.Xegony Augur

You are the community relations person. Can you please partake in a dialogue with the player base about all the issues that have plagued this year's expansion and communicate with us about all the things that have gone wrong with the intent to do some damage control?

I have been playing Everquest for the majority of my life and have been playing since August of 1999 I am very vested in this game and I would wager that the vast majority of the paying customers are in a similar situation as me. We love this game. We really truly love this game in a way that transcends a basic customer - proprietor relationship. We stick with you guys despite incredulous customer treatment, constant interruptions in service, and a declining product. We love this game and the player base is very loyal.

What I would like is some kind of actual action from Dark Paw that makes us players feel the same loyalty from you all that we have shown you for the last 21 years. We have stuck through it with you all for good times and bad. Happy times and angry times. The player base cares, please care for us.
    ArrynRaggnarok likes this.
  2. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

There are soooooo many security issues in QA you open up with being loose lipped in software development. All you're ever going to see is vague generalities. What does that do, really?
  3. Zunnoab Augur

Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Chopin.Xegony Augur

Then don't make it about the code, make it about the actions they decided to take, or a future plan that includes or precludes certain mechanics. I know very little about software thats not my bag, and I'm not asking the developers or coders to say it was 00100 when it should have been 00010. Im asking the community relations person to come up with some way to make us, the player base, feel the loyalty from them that we the players have shown them.

And no I am not talking about just handing out free stuff or whatever. Just some way that the developers show us some loyalty.
    ArrynRaggnarok likes this.
  5. Chopin.Xegony Augur

The issues started with the servers going down several hours before T3 launch was to occur. We got no response for many hours then were told it would be 3 or so hours down time. This is after they messed up the T3 launch a month earlier.
    Zunnoab likes this.
  6. Jeraldo Rivera New Member

I agree with Chopen on this. Even if we can get some better communication when these issues happen I think it would go a long way to making the community happy.
    Chopin.Xegony likes this.
  7. Mannhec Lorekeeper

A few months ago, I went to a local grocery, they of course cannot email all their customers. But they had a hand written sign... We had a water leak and for the safety of our customers and staff we are currently closed, we will re-open tomorrow at 8a. This is all we ask.
  8. Chopin.Xegony Augur

We now have a second server-wide outage, Dreamweaver tells us they are down and that ops team is informed they are down, that was 45 minutes ago. No more community outreach or damage control than that.

That is what I want changed and the point of this post. Even if its just him coming into forums and chatting with us about what we are working on in EQ or something. Anything is better than silence.
    Endaar and Zee_Rex like this.
  9. Zunnoab Augur

Stop the overt personal attacks? It's possible to criticize without doing that.
  10. svann Augur

oooo threats!
  11. Zunnoab Augur

The Bill of Rights has nothing to do with a private message board. I have to wonder if you're trolling at this point. I will not bite further if so.
  12. svann Augur

Go read it again cause thats not what it says. You could be smarter than this.
  13. Password1234 Augur

You forgot Assembly and Petition.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Relates to the relationship between an individual and government. The spirit of it can apply here, but the company (DPG) can legally limit speech on it's boards however it wishes.
    Zulan and Zunnoab like this.
  15. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

But you got a time of opening :)
    Edit: used ShamWoW, we will be opening 4 hrs earlier!
  16. Tarasqua New Member

You can say whatever the hell you want but it doesn't mean they have to put it on their forums. I can say whatever I want but my local newspaper doesn't have to print it.
  17. Redsumm Journeyman

The Bill of Rights only applies to government conduct. Do you need a history lesson?
  18. Tarasqua New Member

No, it doesn't.
  19. Jonasin Elder

Freedom of Speech does not mean freedom from consequences from said speech. You can protest a company and stand in public space and protest all you want. However, if you go onto their property you dont have the same ability. They can remove you for disturbance. This is basically the same thing.
    svann likes this.
  20. Rokenn New Member

You know that only applies to government right? Private companies can do whatever they want. Grow the up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.